The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Failing until I get it

Dushko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 27, 2024
Geneva, Switzerland
Hello Fastlaners,

Read the book. Big wake-up call. Quick intro:
Slow lane born, raised and failed
Turned into side line and failed even worse
Moving into fast lane, still difficult to comprehend

Ready to fail again and learn until I succeed,

Dushko

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good attitude, keep swinging until you get a hit.

Then swing more.

Welcome aboard.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello Fastlaners,

Dushko
Welcome to the Forum.

Don't worry about finding it tough to comprehend stuff. That's why we are all here!

If you don't mind sharing...what are some things you are still struggling with?

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022
Hello Fastlaners,

Dushko
Welcome abroad brother!

Remember: 1 successful swing could change your life forever!

Dushko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 27, 2024
Geneva, Switzerland
Welcome to the Forum.

Don't worry about finding it tough to comprehend stuff. That's why we are all here!

If you don't mind sharing...what are some things you are still struggling with?
Thanks ZF Lee,

The comprehension is coming after some deep self-reflection:

1. I am transitioning from freelance consultant to content creator and community builder. Working as a freelance consultant full time keeps me slow lane. The math just doesn’t add up.
2. Started to think and act ‘Producer’. I realize this is a process and not an event. Instead of using my decades old ‘consumer first mind’ to fuel others fast lane, I will use it work for me in my fast lane.
3. Biggest real struggle is managing cash during the transition, but I’ll go the extra mile to put in the work. Key here is to keep my focus on the fast lane, even though no cash is coming in from that source yet.

Any tips for me while I am managing my transition to the fast lane?

PS. I just realized this post is just me, me, me etc. So key is, that in this fast lane I will be able to deliver much more value to a much larger audience.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
1. I am transitioning from freelance consultant to content creator and community builder. Working as a freelance consultant full time keeps me slow lane. The math just doesn’t add up.
I see....is your freelance work and content/community building in the same industry/niche?
Or are they related to each other?

Are you already selling stuff on your community, if it's already up?

Any tips for me while I am managing my transition to the fast lane?
As a freelance writer myself, my thoughts on this stage is to break up your 'battles' across various days in the week.

Maybe Monday will be spent on sales calls...Tuesday on some actual work...Wednesday on some prospect follow-ups...

There's no hard-and-fast rule on how to manage your time. Just because work seems endless...it doesn't means its Slowlane (although it can feel just like that). You just need to cut up the cake and eat it piece by piece, metaphorically speaking.

Then you should be able to make better sense of your freelance work-- and improve your results. And perhaps free up your mind for the other projects.

Dushko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 27, 2024
Geneva, Switzerland
I see....is your freelance work and content/community building in the same industry/niche?
Or are they related to each other?

Are you already selling stuff on your community, if it's already up?

As a freelance writer myself, my thoughts on this stage is to break up your 'battles' across various days in the week.

Maybe Monday will be spent on sales calls...Tuesday on some actual work...Wednesday on some prospect follow-ups...

There's no hard-and-fast rule on how to manage your time. Just because work seems endless...it doesn't means its Slowlane (although it can feel just like that). You just need to cut up the cake and eat it piece by piece, metaphorically speaking.

Then you should be able to make better sense of your freelance work-- and improve your results. And perhaps free up your mind for the other projects.
Thank you for your perspective. My freelance work and content/community building is in the same niche. I have been a finance consultant for wide range of businesses for a few years.

My priority is building my audience and validate the need by writing and creating content for them. Though, it takes a mind shift to see my clients as my audience and community. It almost feels like I am performing in a theatre setting. I believe this imposter syndrome is just another hurdle to overcome.

I agree with you on the breakdown and cutting up the cake. Though I believe with content creation, need validation and interaction with my audience the fastlane road will start to be less foggy.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
It almost feels like I am performing in a theatre setting. I believe this imposter syndrome is just another hurdle to overcome.
It IS a theatre setting.

And its perfectly OK to have a different persona in front of your audience-- compared to your real-life identity.

I give you an example:

In my field of email marketing, one of the top masterminds, Ben Settle, acts really grouchy and sarcastic in his emails. In real life (which he shows in his most private communities), he's pretty chill. It's for good reason though...the bad-tempered persona drives away weak-a$$, money-chaser folks...but attracts people who are sick of the Internet marketing rubbish and want something different for once.

It's all about the values and emotions your audience subscribe to.

And they look up to you for this. It's a good thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...