Btmann
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2014
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$40
$40
User Power: 140%
Hey guys
I hate making a thread without having much value to bring to the table, but I'm struggling with a decision and I really didn't know where else to go..
I've been on the forum a little less than a year and in that time I have started two business that didn't work out while working my day job which I currently can't stand (alarm installer- no benefits/ crap money).
I've been gearing up for my next business idea over the past few weeks, and I have been contemplating quitting my job to get some kind of sales gig in the meantime. Something that earns a commission. I know it's not fastlane but I'm the type of guy that goes all in on things and I think a commission-type job could be something I can get excited about on a daily basis while I do my own thing on the side.
Anyway, my dilemma is this: I just got a big job opportunity in a construction union today. The job comes with great benefits and it would be a stable career for me. Everybody is SUPER EXCITED that I got accepted because I come from a blue collar type family and this job is like the lottery to people in the industry. Not to mention I'm 26 and I still live at home and everyone (including me) is waiting for me to "get my stuff together". Also, it is a five year apprenticeship program and in that time I'd be making like 15 bucks an hour(!) and I'd be a glorified coffee gopher.
In my mind I feel like if I took this job I'd be settling in the worst way. But if I don't take the job I feel like I would be making a huge mistake.
I have dreams like most people on this forum. I don't want to break my back for a living anymore, and I don't want to trade my time for money anymore. But at the same time I don't want to feel like a loser anymore. So far none of my entrepreneurial ventures have been successes and everyone around me seems to be getting "good jobs" while Im just spinning my wheels.
I just want to add value and make a difference in peoples' lives but I just don't know how and I'm terrified that if I take this job I'm going to settle into that lifestyle where I complain about the boss and work for friday afternoon and go on strike and count my days till retirement etc...
Thanks for reading If anybody has any advice /tough love (be gentle!) it would be greatly appreciated because I'm having a bit of a crisis.
CLIFFS:
*working on side business
*thinking about going into sales (don't really know what area)
*got accepted into a construction union job that people would kill for
*Job doesn't fit my goals but I feel like I Have to take it
*Don't know what to do- hate feeling like everyone is passing me by in life
I hate making a thread without having much value to bring to the table, but I'm struggling with a decision and I really didn't know where else to go..
I've been on the forum a little less than a year and in that time I have started two business that didn't work out while working my day job which I currently can't stand (alarm installer- no benefits/ crap money).
I've been gearing up for my next business idea over the past few weeks, and I have been contemplating quitting my job to get some kind of sales gig in the meantime. Something that earns a commission. I know it's not fastlane but I'm the type of guy that goes all in on things and I think a commission-type job could be something I can get excited about on a daily basis while I do my own thing on the side.
Anyway, my dilemma is this: I just got a big job opportunity in a construction union today. The job comes with great benefits and it would be a stable career for me. Everybody is SUPER EXCITED that I got accepted because I come from a blue collar type family and this job is like the lottery to people in the industry. Not to mention I'm 26 and I still live at home and everyone (including me) is waiting for me to "get my stuff together". Also, it is a five year apprenticeship program and in that time I'd be making like 15 bucks an hour(!) and I'd be a glorified coffee gopher.
In my mind I feel like if I took this job I'd be settling in the worst way. But if I don't take the job I feel like I would be making a huge mistake.
I have dreams like most people on this forum. I don't want to break my back for a living anymore, and I don't want to trade my time for money anymore. But at the same time I don't want to feel like a loser anymore. So far none of my entrepreneurial ventures have been successes and everyone around me seems to be getting "good jobs" while Im just spinning my wheels.
I just want to add value and make a difference in peoples' lives but I just don't know how and I'm terrified that if I take this job I'm going to settle into that lifestyle where I complain about the boss and work for friday afternoon and go on strike and count my days till retirement etc...
Thanks for reading If anybody has any advice /tough love (be gentle!) it would be greatly appreciated because I'm having a bit of a crisis.
CLIFFS:
*working on side business
*thinking about going into sales (don't really know what area)
*got accepted into a construction union job that people would kill for
*Job doesn't fit my goals but I feel like I Have to take it
*Don't know what to do- hate feeling like everyone is passing me by in life
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
