The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ads Not Running: Is This Normal?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Okay....

Erhm... I think it got banned because of "switch bait" like ads. :) Celebrities give great CTR.... but gotta be careful with how you use their pics!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
but I am not sure how many times fb can charge you in 1 day

Just got a reply from them in case anybody wonders about this too. Bumped me up to 1k threshold and this can be billed unlimited times per day. There's an hourly limit on the "pay now" button, but not on daily invoicing.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
So for the past 3 days have called Facebook Ad Support everyday. Seems like no one there has any idea what they're doing. Here are my four phone calls:

Monday [Person #1]: "Oh, it usually takes 24 hours to get your account back. You should be good tomorrow."

Tuesday [Person #2]: "Oh, he said 24 hours? Just wait until tomorrow, and if your account's not back up, then I'll have my manager call you."

Wednesday [Person #3]: "Yeah, we don't handle that, but it'll probably take you 2 weeks."

Wednesday [Manager]: "You've been calling our department? Our department doesn't handle that. I'd give you a number to the correct department, but there's no number. With that said, do you want to enroll for some bullshit program where we'll teach you how to run Facebook ads? I know you don't even have an active account, but hey, I'm a self-centered guy and want to get paid a bonus for you signing up." :cookoo:

Looks like its a waiting game...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yeah the thing is, they dont have phone ad support, so these guys are right.

The number is usually just for the bullshit "facebook go" program ("spend $20/day for 30 days and talk to our incompetent sales guys to get a $20 coupon, yay" wtf..). Wondering what the monthly threshold for an account manager is. I heard you can go through the go program and after you finished and are spending enough you can get a real account manager.. Maybe I'll try it.

Have you sent messages through the support ticket system?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Yeah the thing is, they dont have phone ad support, so these guys are right.

The number is usually just for the bullshit "facebook go" program ("spend $20/day for 30 days and talk to our incompetent sales guys to get a $20 coupon, yay" wtf..). Wondering what the monthly threshold for an account manager is. I heard you can go through the go program and after you finished and are spending enough you can get a real account manager.. Maybe I'll try it.

Have you sent messages through the support ticket system?

Facebook redirected me to this link, where I contacted them: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/531795380173090.

Then I got a confirmation email.

I just sent an email to the role-based confirmation email. Hoping for a response from the ticket or email.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Well this sucks...

Ca7Q5Zc.png

Did nothing wrong. Decided to start promoting my artwork via Facebook. Facebook decides, "Screw this guy." And now, I'm at a loss for words. My bullshit meter's going off the roof.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
F*ck roadblocks. Just emailed every top person at FB whose info I could find:

szrk4Wq.png

Hoping they delegate this down.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Just open a business acounnt and create a new ad account.......

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Just open a business acounnt and create a new ad account.......

This won't be a problem? They won't link it to the other account and block all of them?

Also, will this be fine for the Facebook Page? Can I add the new account as an admin, or do I need to make a new FB page too?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Back on Facebook!

Strategy of spamming top management worked.

So here are my key takeaways for anyone in a similar situation:

1. Submit your info like normal;
2. Send an addition email to the paymentsappeals@support.facebook.com -- you only need one person to reactivate your account;
3. If they block your account, then message the top management; they'll delegate down and have someone reactivate your account.

Now back to testing ads :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Back on Facebook!

Strategy of spamming top management worked.

So here are my key takeaways for anyone in a similar situation:

1. Submit your info like normal;
2. Send an addition email to the paymentsappeals@support.facebook.com -- you only need one person to reactivate your account;
3. If they block your account, then message the top management; they'll delegate down and have someone reactivate your account.

Now back to testing ads :)
Haha, thats genius! Did you actually get a response from one of the managers?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Haha, thats genius! Did you actually get a response from one of the managers?

No, but I did get two auto-replies -- meaning that the emails were definitely delivered.

Before sending the emails, I was told that the decision was "final". After sending the emails, it took maybe an hour for the account to be back.

Also, once I get a couple extra minutes, I'll post a thread on how to find any person's email. This way you guys will be able to use the same technique for anything.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Also, once I get a couple extra minutes, I'll post a thread on how to find any person's email. This way you guys will be able to use the same technique for anything.
Yes, very useful!

I know a few good tricks myself. I once set up a finance conference at my university. Managed to get very high ranking people from leading investment banks, private equity, etc to come and speak by finding their email and cold emailing them :).

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Can you help me? I have the same problem.
I need to contact these higher position people to get my FB ads account reactivated.
Thank you.

Email all those names of people @fb.com. That's what worked for me.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Can you help me? I have the same problem.
I need to contact these higher position people to get my FB ads account reactivated.
Thank you.
Just create a new one..............

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I enjoyed reading this thread. Just over the past 2 and a half days I also created a FB page to direct traffic to an art project I've completed. I didnt have any of those issues though, as I linked the account to my personal FB page.

I tested it out with a low budget of 5 dollars a day. I got some good insight on my demographic though.

I'm going to try this again and up the daily budget amount. I pretty much got the twitter and instagram game down...now to conquer FB.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
54663537.jpg

OP, how do I find the email addresses of the people at the top @fb.com ? PM me if you want.

Thank you.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Guys dont push it. It's easy to create a business account, save those email addresses for when you're out of options.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
For everyone getting expensive ads and giving up, I have one word: remarketing.

Lets say you pay 0.25 per click for cold traffic, converts at 1%, 25€/sale.

Those 99% that didn't buy are more likely to convert than any cold traffic

Now add remarketing:
Well targetted ads should land bellow 0.10 per click, converts better ofc, lets say 1.75%, around 6€/sale

You spend 1000€ on cold traffic and got 40 sales, but you also have 3960 users that went to your website and didn't buy.

Lets say your retargetting ads have a 3% CTR, and a 1.75% conversion rate (really low for retarggeting). You just got 2 more sales.

But! You still have 120 users who showed more interest, they clicked your ad, they just didn't buy yet. And there's still 3858 users that will net you an higher ad CTR than any new/cold traffic.

Of course this doesn't go on forever, at some point it will be more expensive than cold traffic, if the user doesn't get back to your website after some retargeting, exclude it.

Last edited:

ruvyn

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2015
Apologies for bumping an old thread but I signed up specifically because of the this thread.

I had the exact same problem as the OP - created a new Facebook account (my very first one as I'm not into using social media networks), it had no profile picture, no friends, no nothing, and was created specifically so I could advertise my skateboard designs on Facebook.

Ran my very first ad campaign about 3 days later to get more post engagement, had a $5 budget, and no impressions/reach just like the OP. About 10 hours later... banned! Didn't even get to spend 1 cent of my $5 budget.

Completely white hat campaign because I just wanted to "get my feet wet". I read so many tutorials on FB advertising beforehand, spent thousands of dollars on online courses, and yet not a single one mentioned that I couldn't do ANY of these on a brand new / "blank" account! The OP and I both got banned because we signed up specifically to advertise. Didn't realize I had to "warm up" my account first.

So I did what the OP suggested and filled out the form where you give a copy of your ID and also sent an email to paymentsappeals@fb. No response yet for over 3 days so I'm considering getting a cheap VPS and then trying again but this time with a business account and new credit card and all that stuff.

Sucks I have to go through all these hoops even though I have no intention to game Facebook. :( I don't even want to build up a fan page. I just want to use "dark posts" to advertise.

Last edited:

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
@ruvyn

Hate to tell you this, but creating an account just for the purpose of running ads is going to be an uphill battle for sure.

I'd suggest you create a full profile/account for yourself and sign up for the FB go program. They will help you keep your account up and running and teach you the basics of running ads on FB.

It is free to do and only a month long. You do however have to commit to a minimum of $25 daily spend for that month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
For everyone getting expensive ads and giving up, I have one word: remarketing.

Thanks. I will give this a try. My ad is converting at 4 euros for a 27 euro product but this may even get lower conversion rates. Are you using the same as creative for remarketing or a different one?

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Thanks. I will give this a try. My ad is converting at 4 euros for a 27 euro product but this may even get lower conversion rates. Are you using the same as creative for remarketing or a different one?

Both same and some new ones. Also a special offer after some days.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Yeah, so anyone JUST making a FB bidness account to advertise, theres a 99% chance your account will be flagged and disabled, don't cry.

Just fill out the form, send in the pic of your license, wait 7 days days and they get you back up.

Also, don't do anything in ads manager in terms of creating your ads, create EVERYTHING in power editor.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
crazy thing is when my ads get going, engagement is going up, exactly on 00:00 of my european time, party stops budget resets to fresh 0 spend (I run $5 day ads) and everything goes down,

I'm targeting US audience, and ads should run overnight here so people there could see them, Is this normal?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.