The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Exploring the needs - brainstorm

Idea threads

rafalstepien

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2023
Hi all,

This post is my first real interaction with the forum, so it feels kind of exciting to make the first step.

I'm living in a small town in European country. Some time ago our town started to develop very fast, got a huge investment from Chinese companies and opened multiple manufacturing plants (automotive industry). Right now we are at the very beginning of the process where they relocate Chinese workers to our city to work there. The planned amount of people from China who are going to move there is about + 1/4 of the current size of the city.

This is huge change for our environment and as we all know where there is change, there is business opportunity. I had a few ideas how can I make use of this situation, including:
  • vending machines witch chinese products in the workplace
  • opening a small restaurant/foodtruck with chinese food
However I am not super convinced to this ideas. By writing this post I would like to hear your thoughts, what would you do, what areas in your opinion should I explore more. Or maybe you heard/have been in the situation that the population of your city grew significantly and you have some insights, good ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
From my understanding of the Chinese, they are like the jews and the arabs... they only buy from their own.

They practice group economics and prefer to spend their money with their own kind.

So I would rule out creating a Chinese restaurant... MAYBE vending machine idea could work.

But why not cater to educating them... don't they need to learn the local language, the customs/culture, don't they need help to get driving licenses, buy a home, buy or setup a business . Host evening events where you have people from your community teach different subjects.

But then again, wtf do I know.

Test... let the market tell you what they'll buy.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.