The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Explain copywriting to me

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Okay, so let me just say I didn't know what the hell copywriting was til I join this forum. Actually, I still don't know what it exactly is; all I know is that it deals with ads and marketing. Moreover,I'm becoming interested in it because I'm seeing a bunch of this threads, and I'm starting to wonder what magic does it bring.

Now let's get to the questions!

What's is the purpose of copywriting?

What value does it bring?

How does it help you become become a better entrepreneur?

How does one make money off of this?

Is it useful?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Brief answers, in order:

The purpose of copywriting is to tell consumers how your product/service will solve their problems.

The value it brings is in explaining to customers the benefits of your product which are relevant to their problems (the alternative is bullshitting, but we don't play that around here.)

It helps you become a better entrepreneur because it teaches you how to understand people's deepest desires. Nobody buys shovels, they buy holes etc.

You can make money off copywriting as a freelance copywriter or by using your skills to promote your own product.

Yes, it is absolutely useful.

Go find the 'Gary Halbert 30 day challenge' thread. Even if you don't want the challenge, read some books off his list. If I had to recommend 2 books to you that explain everything they would be 'Scientific Advertising' and 'Ca$hvertising.' If you read those two, you will have an understanding of what copy is and what it's supposed to do.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Last edited by a moderator:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Copy writing is the process of perfectly reproducing text printed from a computer by hand.

It is a tremendous skill that can take years to develop, but in the long run it will save you thousands on printer cartridges.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.