Ok guys, I recently found a domain that I really like that is projected to expire rather soon. I think the domain would be a great investment but I am concerned about the legality of the purchase.
Here is an example to allow you guys to further understand the situation.
I live in Fastlane City and the top paper in the city is Fastlane-Journal. The name of the company that produces the paper is Fastlane-Journal. The potential expiring domain I want to purchase is fastlanejournal.com. Fastlane-Journal owns the site Journalewire.com (The domain in question is currently redirecting traffic to this site as we speak)
Could I legally own this domain? What potential problems could I face? Just wondering how this would all work.
IF..big IF, everything was in the clear with regards to above. As far as doing other due diligence before I pull the trigger with the purchase, are they a way to see how many direct “type-ins†does the domain receive?
Here is an example to allow you guys to further understand the situation.
I live in Fastlane City and the top paper in the city is Fastlane-Journal. The name of the company that produces the paper is Fastlane-Journal. The potential expiring domain I want to purchase is fastlanejournal.com. Fastlane-Journal owns the site Journalewire.com (The domain in question is currently redirecting traffic to this site as we speak)
Could I legally own this domain? What potential problems could I face? Just wondering how this would all work.
IF..big IF, everything was in the clear with regards to above. As far as doing other due diligence before I pull the trigger with the purchase, are they a way to see how many direct “type-ins†does the domain receive?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
