Hi All,
I'm a 26 year old guy that works at a very large and well-known Investment Bank in NYC. I always knew that I didn't like my job and hated the Investment Banking culture, but I had an epiphany when a mutual friend told me she made 6 figures working for herself doing web design.
I started looking into entrepreneurial books and was drawn to The Millionaire Fastlane due to the amazing reviews and feedback it received.
I quickly realized that I'm 100% a slowlaner. my salary currently is just under 6 figures (but I really don't spend money on anything for myself) and it's considered a respectable job, but I'm just not happy at all. The culture is toxic and everyone is miserable that I work with, but they all pretend they're fine because it's a respectable and "good" job.
One thing I'm challenged with right now is wondering when is the right time to pull the trigger and quit? After reading a few books, I'm trying to think about what value I could offer to different industries.
Looking forward to posting on here and being an active member in the community!
-Dan
I'm a 26 year old guy that works at a very large and well-known Investment Bank in NYC. I always knew that I didn't like my job and hated the Investment Banking culture, but I had an epiphany when a mutual friend told me she made 6 figures working for herself doing web design.
I started looking into entrepreneurial books and was drawn to The Millionaire Fastlane due to the amazing reviews and feedback it received.
I quickly realized that I'm 100% a slowlaner. my salary currently is just under 6 figures (but I really don't spend money on anything for myself) and it's considered a respectable job, but I'm just not happy at all. The culture is toxic and everyone is miserable that I work with, but they all pretend they're fine because it's a respectable and "good" job.
One thing I'm challenged with right now is wondering when is the right time to pull the trigger and quit? After reading a few books, I'm trying to think about what value I could offer to different industries.
Looking forward to posting on here and being an active member in the community!
-Dan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
