- Joined
- Jun 1, 2018
- Messages
- 147
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 120%
Hey guys,
I'd like to share (and keep sharing) progress, struggles and the solutions I found. I'll keep things short and to the point.
My current goal is to create (some free, some paid) online courses around web development on YouTube.
Here's the plan:
Comes in spurts: some days I work for 11 hours, most days I work for 1 or 2 hours, some days I don't work at all. I would rather be consistent.
Things I've learned:
I'd like to share (and keep sharing) progress, struggles and the solutions I found. I'll keep things short and to the point.
My current goal is to create (some free, some paid) online courses around web development on YouTube.
Here's the plan:
- Took a full course on how to create YouTube videos ✔︎
- Created a minimal branding guide ✔︎
- Setup my YouTube channel ✔︎
- Create a VS Code course
- Introductory video (at the end of the course)
- Interface ✔︎
- Settings
- Create a playlist for every (500+) setting ✔︎
- Window States
- Workspaces
- Theming
- Autocompletion
- Snippets
- Emmet
- IntelliSense
- Code Editing
- Formating
- Linting
- Transpilation
- Code Running
- Debugging
- Extensions
- Create an HTML course
- Create a CSS course
- Evaluate if SCSS is still worth it and if so, create a course on it
- Create a course on JS
- Create a course on TS
- Maintenance, working out, grocery shopping, keeping things clean and working. Solved it with an efficient daily routine. ✔︎
- Internal conflicts that were making me emotionally unstable. Solved it with a cognitive coach. ✔︎
- Incoherent and confusing plan. Solved it by clarifying decision criteria to eliminate competing priorities from my, now linear, plan. ✔︎
- Productivity/efficiency. Solved it by implementing a modified version of GTD with "Inbox", "Waiting for", linear plan and daily routine ✔︎
Comes in spurts: some days I work for 11 hours, most days I work for 1 or 2 hours, some days I don't work at all. I would rather be consistent.
Things I've learned:
- Beating yourself up doesn't work.
- Motivational videos don't work.
- Accountability works to some degree.
- Coffee works to some degree.
- Bad habits have a problem: the reward is immediate but the cost comes in the future.
- Good habits have a problem: the cost is immediate but the reward is in the future.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
