The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Exclusive Private Proxy

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
My job is filled with long perods of time waiting.
now I agree with others, GET BACK TO WORK!!

the thing is I am working. Without disclosing info, I wait about five hours for something to happen. The entire time I'm just sitting there waiting waiting.. I'm not moving either, I'm in the same place all day.

out of dying boredom I pulled up FLF. *BLOCKED*
WEBCAT has BLOCKED URL

I started dissecting WEBCAT blocker. installed it on a home server and built a entire subdomain designed to thwart the system, then set a username and password for the subdomain.

EBNJYOQ.png

It worked! By reverse engineering the domain the system let me through. I have a few other ways to bypass in case that one gets found.

out of curiosity I visited a Barracuda blocked law computer on library. 100% working.

so now I have a smoking gun on my side. I can build and sell this as a paid only exclusive proxy that lets people bypass corporate filters..
however I highly doubt others will use it only for self learning like myself.

Sell or not to sell? that's the question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
What prevents your company from simply blocking the proxy? Also, while I am inclined to encourage you to sell it, I am concerned about risks. Someone may get fired for using this and then come after you.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
thats exactly why it would be exclusive paid only. if the proxy is blocked, I'll register another domain.
the paid product would function like this.

your login and password opens the real URL. everything is TLS so the web filter cant read metadata.
so {proxy login, enter math portal} redirects to another URL. {proxy}

if {proxy login, enter math portal} becomes blocked everything gets transferred to another web domain {proxy login GA enter math portal Z}

you would pay for access to the login, which opens real domain, Priced well enough that there;s a profit made for every transfer.

thats a very good point.. however there's definitely a market, and nothing a good TOS wouldn't fix.

my target audience is people who want to do something that fortifies their life. Visit fast lane forums.. open school documents.. and the like. I'll probably keep Facebook blocked, just because!

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
that's correct. also could make a paid upgrade for SSH login for harder enforced corporate policies.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Well, I'd make the login SSH by default to prevent MITM attacks. How will you reach you potential customers?

Petahh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 24, 2015
you could sell the information to the company though. They might pay you a pretty penny for uncovering such an easy loophole

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
well if I wanted any audience: adverts on ''wanna be hacker'' sites. which I DONT!
example, I have access to ever-note at work. That's a HUGE security risk! I absolutely don't care about stealing, and am not interested in your precious files. I just want to work on my documents.

I'd probably start with keywords on local and online scholarship programs. Example full sail university, fast lane forums.. anything where your productive, and learning. Most likly need to start making a list, then off to buyselladds.

good tip on man in the middle. I don't mean ssh login, i mean a SSH server for paid upgrade.. however I don't have this implemented yet.

oh yeah I might make a pretty penny giving the details, but might make a shiny quarter building it. Mt target audience isn't people playing world of war-craft at work, its people who have a reason to be online.

Last edited:

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
I have decided to keep this as a private tool for personal use.

Doug9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 1, 2015
You still haven't explained what this thing is supposed to do.

What does a proxy have to do with getting past password protected pages?

"By reverse engineering the domain". What in hell is that supposed to mean?

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
I edited the post to remove info.
This is a SSL working proxy that requires login, which on successful login forwards to another domain. The way its designed it exploits a keyword that bypasses cooperate proxy, which lets me open non work related sites. I was contemplating selling the process as a startup-.. but I would rather use it myself and not play cat&mouse with IT.

Doug9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 1, 2015
OK, I think I know what you mean:
You work for a big company and they block, for instance, Facebook.com from the internet so the employees wont be wasting time during the day.

You make a server somewhere with a domain like, businessstuff.com that the company hasn't gotten around to blocking yet. From inside the company you can log on to businessstuff.com and it has a program on there that reads facebook.com pages and sends them to you under the guise of businessstuff.com.

Probably not so good for yourself because you could get fired if caught, but maybe you could sell it to people who really want such a thing.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
you are half right. . From inside the company you can log on to businessstuff.com and it redirects to another domain that the company hasn't blocked.
so if IT blocks businessstuff.com I change that domain name, and the proxy has not been caught.
Because the domain is using SSL, proxy detecting engines cant read the content. They read the URL
https://businessstuff.com/TGrtghfgdekfjsodiu2q98eyw9dw98:?DUNu84hr
and how the URL is coded.. because a proxy will always return the same type of results.
in this example ?DUN = proxy blacklist it.
so change :?DUN to :?XhJ= and it will be allowed.

page meta: ''Corperate business stuff''
image meta: fungameslogo.png vs briefcasefolder.png
and check the url against a blacklist.

a unencrypted proxy will be caught because the page elements are scan able. however without some type of MITM attack (as mentioned above)
the bot will see only blocks of encrypted junk, which it will ignore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.