Hello everyone and greetings from Canada!
I’ve read “The Millionaire Fastlane ” and I’m looking forward to becoming a part of the fastlane forum community.
I wish there were more to say about me, but I’ve lived a pretty uneventful life. I’m 30 years old and straight out of university I started teaching English as a second language. For a long time I enjoyed working as an English teacher and the low income didn’t bother me much. However, last year a close family member passed away and I had to take some time off from work to deal with it. Not only was it a struggle to deal with the loss of income that was tied to my time, but when I was finally ready to return to work, there wasn’t a job left for me. I looked for jobs at other schools, but all of them would have me work low hours on low income because I needed “to pay my dues” and “work my way up.”
It was a huge wake-up call. A wall full of teacher awards and letters from thankful students meant nothing. I had convinced myself that I’d had a “real” job, but in reality I was just a contract worker close to living on the sidewalk.
To be honest I have no idea how I’m going to start a business or what the next big step is, but after reading “The Millionaire Fastlane” my perspective has completely changed. I’ve started working with students directly and in the meantime I’m studying copy until I figure it out.
I’m curious to know, are there any other teachers turned fastlaners here on the forum?
Nonetheless, I’m happy to be here!
Thanks for reading!
I’ve read “The Millionaire Fastlane ” and I’m looking forward to becoming a part of the fastlane forum community.
I wish there were more to say about me, but I’ve lived a pretty uneventful life. I’m 30 years old and straight out of university I started teaching English as a second language. For a long time I enjoyed working as an English teacher and the low income didn’t bother me much. However, last year a close family member passed away and I had to take some time off from work to deal with it. Not only was it a struggle to deal with the loss of income that was tied to my time, but when I was finally ready to return to work, there wasn’t a job left for me. I looked for jobs at other schools, but all of them would have me work low hours on low income because I needed “to pay my dues” and “work my way up.”
It was a huge wake-up call. A wall full of teacher awards and letters from thankful students meant nothing. I had convinced myself that I’d had a “real” job, but in reality I was just a contract worker close to living on the sidewalk.
To be honest I have no idea how I’m going to start a business or what the next big step is, but after reading “The Millionaire Fastlane” my perspective has completely changed. I’ve started working with students directly and in the meantime I’m studying copy until I figure it out.
I’m curious to know, are there any other teachers turned fastlaners here on the forum?
Nonetheless, I’m happy to be here!
Thanks for reading!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
