The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I was the one that originally advised Eric to post here in this forum. I know right.

He's been a long time buddy of mine who dealt with almost-terminal sickness the same way I did - by going through a spiritual shift in cosciousness and working out by doing bodyweight exercises i.e pull ups, push ups, dips, squats.

Since everyone around here is wondering what happened to him, I can't really say as I was off social media for a long time until recently.

..But I can login in Facebook (I recently reactivated my account) and ask him to come back for an update!

To be continued..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
I was the one that originally advised Eric to post here in this forum. I know right.

He's been a long time buddy of me who dealt with almost-terminal sickness the same way I did - by going through a spiritual shift in cosciousness and working out by doing bodyweight exercises i.e pull ups, push ups, dips, squats.

Since everyone around here is wondering what happened to him, I can't really say as I was off social media for a long time until recently.

..But I can login in Facebook (I recently reactivated my account) and ask him to come back for an update!

To be continued..
Bring him back. Maybe he can restart? Or maybe he is already killing?

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Bring him back. Maybe he can restart? Or maybe he is already killing?

I don't know but I already mesagged him. I was unaware of what went down in this thread (had a vague idea) but it seems like he remained stubborn and stuck in his ways for the most part.

Perhaps taking some time off has had him thinking and re-evaluating his mindset. He's a good man.

Last edited:

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I don't know but I already mesagged him. I was unaware of what went down in this thread (had a vague idea) but it seems like he remained stubborn and stuck in his ways for the most part.

Perhaps taking some time off has had him thinking and re-evaluating his mindset. He's a good man.

Would you say this forum helped him in any way?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
s3yvkOS.gif

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
does this thread have an auto recycle or something? .......

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
It's been well over 24 48 hours and he hasn't responded. Got the Seen treatment, very unlike him.

Well, I tried.

Would you say this forum helped him in any way?

Considering the sheer amount of golden advice he got, I assume he did.

However, he did appear very stuck in his ways, so.. maybe not so much? Would be a shame, though.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wouldn't mind a cheesecake.

If you haven't followed this thread, the TLDR if I remember correctly was this...

Cheesecake: $9.99
Shipping: $499.00 (Received 10 weeks later)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you haven't followed this thread, the TLDR if I remember correctly was this...

Cheesecake: $9.99
Shipping: $499.00 (Received 10 weeks later)

Some people type LOL.

However, your comment literally made me laugh out loud.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
there was another TLDR for the underlying work that went in by the forum .....

You can drag the horse out into the ocean, tie a 1000 pound weight to its neck, stand on top of its head, pry open its mouth, and stand there until the end of time ...... it is still up to the horse to drink.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
God-Level Truth.
there was another TLDR for the underlying work that went in by the forum .....

You can drag the horse out into the ocean, tie a 1000 pound weight to its neck, stand on top of its head, pry open its mouth, and stand there until the end of time ...... it is still up to the horse to drink.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Considering the sheer amount of golden advice he got, I assume he did.

I can’t imagine how, some people come to this forum and would crawl over broken glass to just get an idea to run with, he had people laying on the broken glass letting him walk across the safe passage and instead, ate the glass, and told us he loved every bite. Or something like that.

Hopefully he’s of good health physically and mentally, just doesn’t seem like taking on board advice and making a business was for him. And if you read this Eric, good luck mate with whatever your doing :thumbsup:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I can’t imagine how, some people come to this forum and would crawl over broken glass to just get an idea to run with, he had people laying on the broken glass letting him walk across the safe passage and instead, ate the glass, and told us he loved every bite. Or something like that.

Hopefully he’s of good health physically and mentally, just doesn’t seem like taking on board advice and making a business was for him. And if you read this Eric, good luck mate with whatever your doing :thumbsup:

My girlfriend is Japanese. Makes a really good cheesecake. Fluffy cheesecake. Not a New York style cheesecake.

I had thought about using this thread as a blueprint. IN the end. I decided, NOT, to be that person.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
He seemed like such a nice guy.

Hope he is well and enjoying life.

This thing would have got traction so quick that's what i just can't believe.

People wanted it shipped.

He had customers in hand here at the forum, i was one of them!

But he decided to F*ck i donno.

Look at the stars?

Wish you well Eric.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Raoul Duke .... give it 4 months and see. put a little planning in, a little money, put the idea out in the market, see if you get the echo ...... you'd have a lot of customers just from here. i'd give you a 30 min a week call to help you get it going..... take the step. make it happen.

post the journey in this thread ........ the thread that keeps on giving...... :)

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
My girlfriend is Japanese. Makes a really good cheesecake. Fluffy cheesecake. Not a New York style cheesecake.

I had thought about using this thread as a blueprint. IN the end. I decided, NOT, to be that person.

I actually had a few private DM conversations with Eric (near the beginning of the thread) because I make holiday truffles every year and have always been asked by people if they could buy some. I got hung up in the issue of renting a commercial kitchen to meet health standards. But I'm the same way, I was going to try and use this thread as well but decided against it. I was going to take a more humorous approach (think Schweddy balls from SNL)

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
@Raoul Duke .... give it 4 months and see. put a little planning in, a little money, put the idea out in the market, see if you get the echo ...... you'd have a lot of customers just from here. i'd give you a 30 min a week call to help you get it going..... take the step. make it happen.

post the journey in this thread ........ the thread that keeps on giving...... :)
And then, this thread will become a Phoenix that rises from Ash. Just that, the ash is of someone else.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

It would be good to see someone use the gold here and run to the end zone

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Don't worry, I'll put a note on my calendar to bring this thread back in 30-45 days.

Sorry I missed my deadline, forum posting was never part of my business.

I saw this update on the website, not sure when it was posted.

That black text is plastered across every page right in the middle.

I re-read through this entire thread again....there were plenty of requests to close the thread and I'm glad it wasn't. If absolutely nothing else, there is gold in here about customer service. Basically $250 of "marketing expense" (instead of charging forum members) would have grown business through the roof. And Johnny flat out drew a blueprint of exactly what to do, and his response was "must be nice to have funds!" Shame.

I'm still waiting for the spin-off business with the forum members. I actually live about 30 minutes from Burlington, NC so I'm in. I can't make cheesescakes, but I make a mean set of holiday dessert balls. I call em "Grady's Balls". Maybe I should start a thread about it....

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Not sure if it's due to Covid, but well Eric, one of these days after I've gotten some success in my current hustle, imma going to take your idea, all of it, and execute it here in my country. I'll call it "Eric's Cheesecakes - A Singapore Place, With A Singapore Taste".

And I hope everyone can do a spin-off of his idea and execute it right in their countries.

Eric's Cheesecakes - A Melbourne Place, With An Australian Taste
Eric's Cheesecakes - A London Place, With A British Taste
Eric's Cheesecakes - An Ohio Place, With A Jersey Taste

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Would be cool to see a little counter at the bottom in threads like this ....... Lives Changed = ______

Look around you for a 'Mom and Pop' or 'skilled artisan / non business mind' small business around you.
See if you can partner up to help them through / grow them / show them the way.

Money is almost free right now. Opportunity is everywhere.
AND if you can build it to work with what is going on in the world right now, think how fast it will grow when the lights come back on!

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Sorry I missed my deadline, forum posting was never part of my business.

I saw this update on the website, not sure when it was posted.

View attachment 34915

That black text is plastered across every page right in the middle.

I re-read through this entire thread again....there were plenty of requests to close the thread and I'm glad it wasn't. If absolutely nothing else, there is gold in here about customer service. Basically $250 of "marketing expense" (instead of charging forum members) would have grown business through the roof. And Johnny flat out drew a blueprint of exactly what to do, and his response was basically "must be nice to have funds!" Shame.

I'm still waiting for the spin-off business with the forum members. I actually live about 30 minutes from Burlington, NC so I'm in. I can't make cheesescakes, but I make a mean set of holiday dessert balls. I call em "Grady's Balls". Maybe I should start a thread about it....

I'll be the a**hole here.

How can he be "CLOSED" for business? When he never was in business.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wonder how this guy is doing now...

Website appears to be active.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Wonder how this guy is doing now...

Website appears to be active.

Fun fact: I'm actually the reason this guy came to the forum in the first place.

He was very into bodyweight training and so was I. Still am.

We met in a calisthenics Facebook group many years ago, but it was a bit weird as I was 15 at the time and he was in his 40s. He had a lot of friends on Facebook and almost all of them were kids who liked working out on bars.

I referred him to the forum after he mentioned having some sort of frustration at his workplace, and for years I had no idea it inspired that long a$$ thread, lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.