The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Thanks so much for that encouragement. I have been told that l charge to little for my cakes.
Oh wow, they look SO good! I wish I could remember the price of the band-fundraiser cheesecakes, but the exact amount is eluding me. If I can find the order form (doubtful I kept it), I'll report back.

A quick observation: Your photography is GREAT. Except for one...the Creamy NY style cheesecake photo (which happened to be the one I clicked first) didn't seem to do your product justice, at least compared to the other photos. Maybe that style of cheesecake doesn't lend itself to a full cheesecake photo. You might want to consider taking a pix of a single slice, like on a fancy plate with a fancy fork. But I digress...

If people tell you that you charge too little for your cakes, it might be time to raise your prices. My husband is an electrical contractor, and he's literally the BEST in our area. He used to charge too little. Not anymore. People are willing to pay for the best. Speaking of Five Guys, we spent nearly $50 on dinner there last night. For burgers. Insane. But totally worth it.

Sara Lee? Bah! They're not even in your league!

(Mmmmmm...cheesecaaaaake...)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
If people tell you that you charge too little for your cakes, it might be time to raise your prices. My husband is an electrical contractor, and he's literally the BEST in our area. He used to charge too little. Not anymore. People are willing to pay for the best. Speaking of Five Guys, we spent nearly $50 on dinner there last night. For burgers. Insane. But totally worth it.

Fabulous! Agreed!

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Lol, you're welcome. You can also do a search for 'writing impactful about me' pages or something similar to such. In writing the 'our story/about me, while it should give information about the drive to create whatever product or service, the bottomline is the drive should be based on your solution that you are bringing to the market. You know how in both TMF and Unscripted , MJ speaks about the importance of bringing value to the customer - your story should speak about the value you are bringing your customer via your cheesecakes.

With all the algorithms and seo where web-services/web-products are concerned, we're learning that there is a science in making everything effective. Maybe you can check out online copywriting courses which will assist you with sales-writing or, you can work with a copywriter (there are a great few who are active on the forum) to word it properly so it helps deliver your message while making the customer recognise from the get-go, your work encircles their happiness which may help convert to sales.
I get you. Sometime you think you know things, and in reality you know nothing at all. A friend of mine named Simon encouraged me to come to his forum as it has helped him to grow his business. So l am grateful to him for literally or technically kicking me, because he believes in me. So l appreciate all this great resourceful information. Now application is the next step. I got alot of homework to do, and keep doing, because it never stops.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I get you. Sometime you think you know things, and in reality you know nothing at all. A friend of mine named Simon encouraged me to come to his forum as it has helped him to grow his business. So l am grateful to him for literally or technically kicking me, because he believes in me. So l appreciate all this great resourceful information. Now application is the next step. I got alot of homework to do, and keep doing, because it never stops.
You are so right. Sometimes we think it's just as easy as 1 2 3 and we're good to go, but there's more to that. I don't know if you've had a chance to read either of MJ's books - "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted : Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship" - these are two books which have helped a lot of us here on the forum, also, some of the terms we use - like 'productocracy' we would have received those from the books. Reading the books, as well as engaging on the forum (as you are seeing) will help take you from the Consumer mindset to the Producer mindset, which is where the genuine switch from building a "seemingly easy" business to building a "meaningful and purpose-driven, value centred business" is concerned.

You are most welcome for all the resourceful information we share on this forum. We each recognise that in the Unscripted world, we live in abundance, and it's all about working effectively to gain what you deserve, after having contributed to the well-being of others' lives.

Kudos on your venture and all other endeavours you encounter. :)

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Fabulous! Agreed!
LOL...It would be nice to sell my cheesecakes at Five Guys...haha.
Pricing is basically average for NC, but when l use to go to NYC, l got much more because of transport and delivery. But the tips were even more insane. NYers knows cheesecake and they were willing to pay for it and roll out huge tips. I do have a quality product. Can l always make it better? Yes, because l love reinventing the wheel over and over, yet keeping it round, and never squaring it off. Hope that makes sense.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
See, I can't stay away from this thread...

It seems to me that your biggest obstacle right now is that you don't have a physical location. Like, if I lived in your area and wanted a cheesecake, how would I get one? Here's an idea: Maybe you could find a local coffee shop (not a national chain, but a true local one) and partner with them. You could, for example, pay them $100 a month to be willing to take orders for your cheesecakes, and then pay them a commission for every cheesecake ordered. (Like, maybe you'd have an order sheet.)

This could go two ways. You could either have some cheesecakes stored there (like frozen, which means you'd probably have to supply your own freezer), or you could have the cheesecakes available for a special order. "Pre-made or frozen cheesecakes? Bah! We make the cheesecake fresh and delicious just for YOU." This way, you could justify a 72-hour turnaround or something like that. Under this scenario, you'd deliver the completed cheesecakes to the coffee shop for pickup.

My mom owns a coffee shop in an economically challenged area. She'd probably jump at the chance to make an extra $100 a month plus commission for taking cheesecake orders. Plus, if you did this out of a coffee shop, you could maybe work something out where the cheesecake is also sold by the slice to go with coffee. This would be a great way to let local people sample your cheesecake without buying a whole cake.

A lot of rambling thoughts above, but I figured I'd throw that out there for what it's worth. I hope you'll keep us posted!

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Oh wow, they look SO good! I wish I could remember the price of the band-fundraiser cheesecakes, but the exact amount is eluding me. If I can find the order form (doubtful I kept it), I'll report back.

A quick observation: Your photography is GREAT. Except for one...the Creamy NY style cheesecake photo (which happened to be the one I clicked first) didn't seem to do your product justice, at least compared to the other photos. Maybe that style of cheesecake doesn't lend itself to a full cheesecake photo. You might want to consider taking a pix of a single slice, like on a fancy plate with a fancy fork. But I digress...

Actually, l have been told to update by my daughter who is a photographer by profession. I do have a better pic of the NYS. Thats should be the primary show opener, because all come from that one. We are supposed to be doing a shoot soon and l can see which direction l am able to go in. So that will be covered. She has it lined out.
I will definitely make that changes asap.
Thanks again.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina

It seems to me that your biggest obstacle right now is that you don't have a physical location. Like, if I lived in your area and wanted a cheesecake, how would I get one? Here's an idea: Maybe you could find a local coffee shop (not a national chain, but a true local one) and partner with them. You could, for example, pay them $100 a month to be willing to take orders for your cheesecakes, and then pay them a commission for every cheesecake ordered. (Like, maybe you'd have an order sheet.)

This could go two ways. You could either have some cheesecakes stored there (like frozen, which means you'd probably have to supply your own freezer), or you could have the cheesecakes available for a special order. "Pre-made or frozen cheesecakes? Bah! We make the cheesecake fresh and delicious just for YOU." This way, you could justify a 72-hour turnaround or something like that. Under this scenario, you'd deliver the completed cheesecakes to the coffee shop for pickup.

My mom owns a coffee shop in an economically challenged area. She'd probably jump at the chance to make an extra $100 a month plus commission for taking cheesecake orders. Plus, if you did this out of a coffee shop, you could maybe work something out where the cheesecake is also sold by the slice to go with coffee. This would be a great way to let local people sample your cheesecake without buying a whole cake.

A lot of rambling thoughts above, but I figured I'd throw that out there for what it's worth. I hope you'll keep us posted!
That is an awesome suggestion. That would be a great thing to do, but again, the DPA regulations makes it complicated for that to happen, all because l am a home kitchen. I have had requests to do that but then the wall pops up.
There was a Crepe restaurant opening in my next town, and he wanted me to make pastries and other goods. Not cheesecake, but things l could do. But the wall popped up when l came to the DPA. So out the window that idea went. That has actually been the most crippling of all. had it not been for the DPA, all the suggestions and ideas would be a happening situation.
The only solution is the brick and mortar, which is not the remedy at this time. Basically lots of road blocks. Is there really a solution?
Thanks again.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
You are so right. Sometimes we think it's just as easy as 1 2 3 and we're good to go, but there's more to that. I don't know if you've had a chance to read either of MJ's books - "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "Unscripted : Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship" - these are two books which have helped a lot of us here on the forum, also, some of the terms we use - like 'productocracy' we would have received those from the books. Reading the books, as well as engaging on the forum (as you are seeing) will help take you from the Consumer mindset to the Producer mindset, which is where the genuine switch from building a "seemingly easy" business to building a "meaningful and purpose-driven, value centred business" is concerned.

You are most welcome for all the resourceful information we share on this forum. We each recognise that in the Unscripted world, we live in abundance, and it's all about working effectively to gain what you deserve, after having contributed to the well-being of others' lives.

Kudos on your venture and all other endeavours you encounter. :)
Thank you. I will look into the reading or downloading the audible version....l think is available.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Thank you. I will look into the reading or downloading the audible version....l think is available.
Great, you will not regret it. Yes, there is the audio version available to both books.

Also, check your inbox, I sent a message with additional information that you can check out.

Those books will definitely help you in a whole lot of ways, you will gain the guidance you seek, and the forum, we're a team of support for each other.

Kudos on your accomplishments and many other accomplishments to come.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Side note: My son did a band fundraiser where they sold frozen cheesecakes. While looking at the catalog, I thought the cheesecakes were kind of pricey, but bought a few anyway to support his band. And OMG, the cheesecakes were SO good that I thought, "I need to get these again!" But I swear, I can't find a place to buy them online, and my son is graduating from that school, which means I'll now need to stalk his younger bandmates to get my cheesecake fix. All this to say, a wonderful product can get even budget-conscious people hooked.

Not sure if this was mentioned but you could go in this direction and sell cheesecakes through schools for fundraisers. Large school districts might have contracts with the large national brands but smaller private schools might be open to the option of having kids sell your cheesecakes for $$

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Not sure if this was mentioned but you could go in this direction and sell cheesecakes through schools for fundraisers. Large school districts might have contracts with the large national brands but smaller private schools might be open to the option of having kids sell your cheesecakes for $$
Thanks again....DPA....road block.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Hmmmm...Maybe there's a business in your area that would rent you their kitchen during their off-hours. Because it does seem that you've identified your primary roadblock. Or maybe even a coffee shop has a kitchen you could rent. My mom's coffee shop had a kitchen of sorts that she barely used. In fact, she ended up renting that part out. But of course, then you get into more money for rent, which appears to be the other drawback. Lots to ponder!

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Hmmmm...Maybe there's a business in your area that would rent you their kitchen during their off-hours. Because it does seem that you've identified your primary roadblock. Or maybe even a coffee shop has a kitchen you could rent. My mom's coffee shop had a kitchen of sorts that she barely used. In fact, she ended up renting that part out. But of course, then you get into more money for rent, which appears to be the other drawback. Lots to ponder!
Trust me, l tried. No success....Yet.
I think because of insurance and possible selfishness, places dont like to rent their establishments. So its up to me to be able to do all l can to make it right on my own. Not working to good tho.

Last edited:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
This thread is awesome! Your cheesecake looks delicious! I'm from NYC, me and my girlfriend LOVE cheesecake!

Personally if I were you, I'd move to NYC. Find a commercial rental kitchen somewhere in the city, and start branding your cheesecake. I'd also change the website and do a complete makeover.

Also, since you're in New York, you can probably make an app and offer cheesecake deliveries sorta like an on demand kinda thing. Or you can use uber eats and Post Mates to deliver your cheesecake.

Also, your cheesecake cupcakes look real delicious. You should try to see if you can go the little Debbie route and package those and sell them to the masses.

Besides my daydreaming ideas, I know you have a different situation but these are some of my ideas.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
This thread is awesome! Your cheesecake looks delicious! I'm from NYC, me and my girlfriend LOVE cheesecake!

Personally if I were you, I'd move to NYC. Find a commercial rental kitchen somewhere in the city, and start branding your cheesecake. I'd also change the website and do a complete makeover.

Also, since you're in New York, you can probably make an app and offer cheesecake deliveries sorta like an on demand kinda thing. Or you can use uber eats and Post Mates to deliver your cheesecake.

Also, your cheesecake cupcakes look real delicious. You should try to see if you can go the little Debbie route and package those and sell them to the masses.

Besides my daydreaming ideas, I know you have a different situation but these are some of my ideas.
Thank you for the suggestion. Moving to NYC is not an option. We moved to NC years ago, and going back is just not on the block. I was working on a place in NYC that l could go up once a month and bake my butt off and sell them off. It was an owner of a large bus garage and he converted the locker room into a kitchen. Commercial stoves and ovens and all the works. I was truly excited, and then it all just stopped and went away. That was my only hookup. Same as here, many are not willing to give up space out of fear that it would be competition for them or just probably insurance.

The Little Debbie idea would be great except for the fact that they must be kept frozen the whole time, since its dairy. I have seen alot of ways using so many methods that l could use. But the main problem again is the DPA regulations. Once im past that, im good. But l dont think passing is going to happen. I think as many things are drummed up in NC, the large business owners and the restaurants are the ones who get these ridiculous laws in effect. So its a power game here.
Thanks again for your support.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
This thread is awesome! Your cheesecake looks delicious! I'm from NYC, me and my girlfriend LOVE cheesecake! Personally if I were you, I'd move to NYC. Find a commercial rental kitchen somewhere in the city, and start branding your cheesecake. I'd also change the website and do a complete makeover.

Ah, another cheesecake lover! Funny though, I'd take the opposite approach. I'd avoid NYC because of the high cost-of-living and high competition. And I personally love the Web site just like it is. Isn't that weird? Because I don't think either of us are quite wrong. I just think it's two different ways of looking at things.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Ah, another cheesecake lover! Funny though, I'd take the opposite approach. I'd avoid NYC because of the high cost-of-living and high competition. And I personally love the Web site just like it is. Isn't that weird? Because I don't think either of us are quite wrong. I just think it's two different ways of looking at things.
Thank you. I totally appreciate the versatility. The feed back from all perspectives is what makes me appreciate what l do.
So thank you for you view and comment as well. Everything means alot to me.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Hey Eric - Welcome to the Forum.

Well, based on your question, what you have to differentiate is the ideal customer for a Sara Lee cheesecake vs the ideal customer for a premium cheesecake. Sometimes some people actually want to pay for a rich, creamy, enticing slice of cheesecake, we know that box cakes won't exactly cut it. I saw MJ mentioned above that there are two options, once a productocracy can be built around your product, and I'll quote:

Don't become scared by, "Oh my gosh, Sara Lee is so cheap and yet so successful," which would lead you to think how you can 'cheapen' your process to beat Sara Lee. What are the common issues people have with cheesecakes? Is it that it's too bland? Is it that it's made with cheap ingredients? What exactly are the underlying issues of cheesecakes in general (then, compare it to the general issues people have where your ideal customer is located) and there, you'd find the option to build a productocracy around your cheesecake, thus branding it and targeting the option MJ mentioned above.

The bottomline is, once there is a productocracy circulating your cheesecakes, it's a matter of you taking the time to look at existing problems in the industry, and utilise such as the basis to build your value, which would allow you to differentiate, and even bypass other seasoned businesses in the industry.
Thank you for the suggestions. I have alot to take in and have learned alot. Now l just have to figure where l can put it all into action.
I do use quality products, my brand is known for being creamy, and light, and not heavy and filling as many while in the meantime tastes amazing. So that is where l focus my attention. Keeping it that way. Never giving up quality for quantity. Basically never changing anything, because if its not broken, no need to fix it. Just other things l need to work on.
Thanks again

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Questions:

How many can you make in a day right now?

How many do you sell a day right now?

How much freezer storage space do you have?

How would you ship these if someone ordered online and what does that cost in shipping and packaging per box?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Great idea.

the DPA regulations makes it complicated for that to happen

Stop looking at this as barrier -- it is an obstacle to just overcome. And once you overcome it, it becomes YOUR entry barrier to prevent others (like yourself) from entering the space.

Problems to solve is in essence, entrepreneurship. You don't quit or stop scaling because of one obstacle. Solve it. Lots of folks here have given you some great advice.

And thank you for the thread -- has turned into some great stuff. Marked NOTABLE and moved to concept feedback.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Can you get around the DPA regulations?

"Hey Restaurant Joe, I'll contract to make 100 cheesecakes / month in your kitchen for $X --- you pay for the ingredients"
That way you aren't making them at home...essentially, you're a contract baker, not a hired 'food and dairy handler' which I'm guessing (besides the home baking) is where the DPA is getting ya.

Or, license the recipe to restaurants and charge to teach the bakers in the back how to make your cheesecake.

Last idea --- find a high-end restaurant and bake the cheesecakes. At some point, pitch the owner of the restaurant to invest in a cheesecake restaurant you own 50/50.

-------
Yes, none of these are 'fastlane' right now...but, if you don't have the funds for your own shop...start with:
STEP ONE: Get funds.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Here in Toronto, a lot of small catering companies make relationships with other restaurant owners in order to use their kitchens in off hours. Could you do the same in your area?

My 5 second google search showed me a few NC websites that list rentable commercial kitchens. The closest looked to be in Greensboro or Durham, but I'm also not super familiar with your area so I could be wrong.

Worth a try bud

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
IMG_7309.PNG

This just popped up on my feed. Worth checking out.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Questions:

How many can you make in a day right now?

How many do you sell a day right now?

How much freezer storage space do you have?

How would you ship these if someone ordered online and what does that cost in shipping and packaging per box?

If l dont not have a day job, because l bake after work from 6-10 PM. I can get 6-12 8" or 16-7" and 24-6" about cakes baked.
If this was my day job 4x those numbers. That is because l have another oven that is in the regular kitchen. I would use this during the holidays when my orders would got postal.

Selling per day....0-1 maybe. Not selling many this quarter.

I can get about 50 in my freezer. Using stack able shelves make thinner spaces for 4-6 per shelf, depending on size.

As far as shipping....Not in effect or foreseeable in the near future due to storage, dry ice and shipping costs.
I tried to work it out, but l dont have the space for storage of the pre-made special boxes that are whole. The l need a cooler for the dry ice. Then the shipping costs. I tried a next day, 2 day and 3 day shipping trials. All were good. 3 days are solid frozen but ice is gone. But these are the special boxes costing me $9 a box.
So l have tried to make it work but being small its costly and takes alot of space.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Great idea.

Stop looking at this as barrier -- it is an obstacle to just overcome. And once you overcome it, it becomes YOUR entry barrier to prevent others (like yourself) from entering the space.

Problems to solve is in essence, entrepreneurship. You don't quit or stop scaling because of one obstacle. Solve it. Lots of folks here have given you some great advice.

And thank you for the thread -- has turned into some great stuff. Marked NOTABLE and moved to concept feedback.
Honestly....I dont make this stuff up. Notice the irony.
Baked goods - yes....Dairy- No.
Question...How do you make baked goods with out diary?
No reply....Now you see my barrier.
NCDA&CS - Food & Drug Protection - Food Program

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Can you get around the DPA regulations?

"Hey Restaurant Joe, I'll contract to make 100 cheesecakes / month in your kitchen for $X --- you pay for the ingredients"
That way you aren't making them at home...essentially, you're a contract baker, not a hired 'food and dairy handler' which I'm guessing (besides the home baking) is where the DPA is getting ya.

Or, license the recipe to restaurants and charge to teach the bakers in the back how to make your cheesecake.

Last idea --- find a high-end restaurant and bake the cheesecakes. At some point, pitch the owner of the restaurant to invest in a cheesecake restaurant you own 50/50.

-------
Yes, none of these are 'fastlane' right now...but, if you don't have the funds for your own shop...start with:
STEP ONE: Get funds.
I love that idea. I tried to do that, but no one is opening up. Im sure its insurance. Worried l would burn the place down or something. Probably if l traveled 3 hours each way to the beach, that may be a possibility. But not locally.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
You might not find anything as it is a new term in my book UNSCRIPTED .

Productocracy: A valued product/service that pulls versus pushes due to a differentiated and superior value proposition. As such, the product is so good the company grows by virtue of word of mouth, recommendations, and shares. 1+1 = 3. Advertising for a productocracy is an accelerant whereas in a non-productocracy advertising is the fire. A productocracy grows even if it doesn't advertise.

The true test of a productocracy is the existence of gravitons -- instances of customers going outside of normal consumer behavior with respect to your product. "I just drove an hour to buy 1 of your cheesecakes." "OMG, just had the best cheesecake EVER!" <-- posted on instagram, etc.
Thank you. I totally understand what you are telling me. Its just a matter of execution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.