The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurs! Is this worth $20-40k?

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Sounds like you’ll learn a bunch of inspirational bullshit:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-Draper-University

What phase are you in, do you have an idea and don’t know how to execute, or need the right connections, etc.? Or do you not even have a specific idea, you just know you want to be an entrepreneur and think being around other wantrepreneurs and having spent a lot of money on it will force you to stick to it and find a way?

While there’s always a chance you’ll meet someone mind-blowing and you’ll learn something that isn’t widely available on the internet, it probably won’t happen.

You can’t buy your way into this. Come up with idea, execute, succeed or fail, rinse and repeat. That’s it. Period. Nothing else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted48496

Yeah man, with my current business model, if i can put in the work i can easily make 10k a month, if not like 50k. I'm only at a few grand at the moment, but this is with literally zero overhead other than internet, computer, time, sales skills, skills related to my biz.

I didnt, and MANY others didnt have to go to a super high cost type deal like this to learn/finally succeed/finally make money.

This kinda seems counter intuitive. Id rather pay someone the, what i thought of as high price, of $5k or something to have someone whos done similar before, mentor me.

Someone doing the advanced version of what im doing now asked for $3k to mentor me and while I'm not doing it, it's probably a good idea and i'd probably make a ton more money. Haha

That's great, man. I just checked your thread about your digital agency progress. Good luck with it!

100speed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 2, 2017
London
Seeing as I know of one of the alumni, I thought it might be interesting to share.
If you've been using Snapchat, or Youtube you've likely seen a video by YesTheory, a youtube channel funded by Brother with over 1 million subs in which a group of friends do 'challenges' with a theme of saying 'yes' to more things. Here's one of them
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATgj6bHwg8
- where they ask people with houses in Beverly Hills if they can swim in their pool.

More to the point, here is the video where one of the guys, Thomas talks about meeting Elon at Draper University
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvzimVM7n0&t=21s
And yeah, I agree with the comments earlier about 'hyped' sales copy - I highly doubt that Elon has spoken more than once at the university / bootcam - so I would advise to take some of the website copy with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted48496

Seeing as I know of one of the alumni, I thought it might be interesting to share.
If you've been using Snapchat, or Youtube you've likely seen a video by YesTheory, a youtube channel funded by Brother with over 1 million subs in which a group of friends do 'challenges' with a theme of saying 'yes' to more things. Here's one of them
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATgj6bHwg8
- where they ask people with houses in Beverly Hills if they can swim in their pool.

More to the point, here is the video where one of the guys, Thomas talks about meeting Elon at Draper University
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvzimVM7n0&t=21s
And yeah, I agree with the comments earlier about 'hyped' sales copy - I highly doubt that Elon has spoken more than once at the university / bootcam - so I would advise to take some of the website copy with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for the heads up! I have decided not to go for the program.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
My friend went through Draper University, came out with a $500k investment in his business which later got acquired.

Your mileage may vary.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Why not apply to the Y Combinator program, so that THEY would pay YOU to spend a summer in Silicon Valley getting mentored til you make your pitch?

D

Deleted48496

My friend went through Draper University, came out with a $500k investment in his business which later got acquired.

Your mileage may vary.

That's amazing! Kudos to your friend!!

Though, I'm still final with my decision of not to attending the program.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.