• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Entrepreneurs! Is this worth $20-40k?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Satvik Gupta, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $413
    Thank you so much, everyone! I really want to thank every one of you individually, as every reply has been filled with value and a different perspective which I never thought of!

So, what is my final decision now? I have decided NOT to go for this boot camp as I don't really have a clear idea of what I want out of it, and as everyone mentioned here, it's REALLY expensive which will drain my bank account and also leave me with 0 real-world experience.

Now I'm going to take a gap year after high school ends (in like 20 days!) to open my own service-based business (selecting between copywriting, web design, SMMA) and document my whole journey as well.

I know most of you might argue that I should attend college and try business as a side hustle, but I'm not clear about my major so that might result in a huge waste of time and money.

Once again, thanks, everyone! :D

2. Bdenner64

Bdenner64 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,239
    I think you made the right choice. Also, shameless plug a few forum members here that have provided massive value have come out with some great courses on those types of service skills. You may want to consider checking out the following:

Relevant section of forum, basically the Internets best source of free info on getting started making money ever:
    Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping

@Fox course for web design and selling:
    Fox Web School - Is your web design business struggling to stay alive? We can help.

@SinisterLex freelancing, upwork and copywriting
    Advanced Upwork Proposals: How To 10X Client Responses Fast
    Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!

@Andy Black for adwords:

MARKETPLACE - Andy's AdWords Course - Get found by the people already looking for you

3. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    Thanks, man!

I might get my hand on SinisterLex's or Fox's course because I've been following them for quite some time and both of them seem to provide huge value!

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $335,575
    Admin Post
    Are you living in India?

$40K in India is a lot of money compared to the US. Another thing to consider.

Satvik Gupta and Kingmaker like this.
  5. DrunkFish

DrunkFish Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,308
    Yeah man, with my current business model, if i can put in the work i can easily make 10k a month, if not like 50k. I'm only at a few grand at the moment, but this is with literally zero overhead other than internet, computer, time, sales skills, skills related to my biz.

I didnt, and MANY others didnt have to go to a super high cost type deal like this to learn/finally succeed/finally make money.

This kinda seems counter intuitive. Id rather pay someone the, what i thought of as high price, of $5k or something to have someone whos done similar before, mentor me.

Someone doing the advanced version of what im doing now asked for $3k to mentor me and while I'm not doing it, it's probably a good idea and i'd probably make a ton more money. Haha

Satvik Gupta likes this.
  6. Coalission

Coalission Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $62,272
    Sounds like you’ll learn a bunch of inspirational bullshit:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-Draper-University

What phase are you in, do you have an idea and don’t know how to execute, or need the right connections, etc.? Or do you not even have a specific idea, you just know you want to be an entrepreneur and think being around other wantrepreneurs and having spent a lot of money on it will force you to stick to it and find a way?

While there’s always a chance you’ll meet someone mind-blowing and you’ll learn something that isn’t widely available on the internet, it probably won’t happen.

You can’t buy your way into this. Come up with idea, execute, succeed or fail, rinse and repeat. That’s it. Period. Nothing else.

Kingmaker likes this.
  7. AdamMaxum

AdamMaxum a worthy successor indeed Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,834
  8. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    Yup, that also!

9. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    That's great, man. I just checked your thread about your digital agency progress. Good luck with it!

DrunkFish likes this.
  10. 100speed

100speed Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $294
    Seeing as I know of one of the alumni, I thought it might be interesting to share.
    If you've been using Snapchat, or Youtube you've likely seen a video by YesTheory, a youtube channel funded by Brother with over 1 million subs in which a group of friends do 'challenges' with a theme of saying 'yes' to more things. Here's one of them
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATgj6bHwg8
    - where they ask people with houses in Beverly Hills if they can swim in their pool.

More to the point, here is the video where one of the guys, Thomas talks about meeting Elon at Draper University
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvzimVM7n0&t=21s
    And yeah, I agree with the comments earlier about 'hyped' sales copy - I highly doubt that Elon has spoken more than once at the university / bootcam - so I would advise to take some of the website copy with a pinch of salt.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Kingmaker likes this.
  11. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    Thanks for the heads up! I have decided not to go for the program.

12. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,526
    My friend went through Draper University, came out with a $500k investment in his business which later got acquired.

Your mileage may vary.

Satvik Gupta likes this.
  13. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,573
    Why not apply to the Y Combinator program, so that THEY would pay YOU to spend a summer in Silicon Valley getting mentored til you make your pitch?

Satvik Gupta and GoGetter24 like this.
  14. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,670
    Get an Insiders subscription instead and read and learn.

15. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    That's amazing! Kudos to your friend!!

Though, I'm still final with my decision of not to attending the program.

The-J likes this.
  16. Satvik Gupta

Rep Bank:
    $413
    I heard that program is VERY VERY selective, but i'll give it a shot too. Thanks!

Late Bloomer likes this.