The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Entrepreneurs! Is this worth $20-40k?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2014
Sounds like you’ll learn a bunch of inspirational bullshit:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-Draper-University

What phase are you in, do you have an idea and don’t know how to execute, or need the right connections, etc.? Or do you not even have a specific idea, you just know you want to be an entrepreneur and think being around other wantrepreneurs and having spent a lot of money on it will force you to stick to it and find a way?

While there’s always a chance you’ll meet someone mind-blowing and you’ll learn something that isn’t widely available on the internet, it probably won’t happen.

You can’t buy your way into this. Come up with idea, execute, succeed or fail, rinse and repeat. That’s it. Period. Nothing else.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2017
India
Yeah man, with my current business model, if i can put in the work i can easily make 10k a month, if not like 50k. I'm only at a few grand at the moment, but this is with literally zero overhead other than internet, computer, time, sales skills, skills related to my biz.

I didnt, and MANY others didnt have to go to a super high cost type deal like this to learn/finally succeed/finally make money.

This kinda seems counter intuitive. Id rather pay someone the, what i thought of as high price, of $5k or something to have someone whos done similar before, mentor me.

Someone doing the advanced version of what im doing now asked for $3k to mentor me and while I'm not doing it, it's probably a good idea and i'd probably make a ton more money. Haha
That's great, man. I just checked your thread about your digital agency progress. Good luck with it!

100speed

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2017
London
Seeing as I know of one of the alumni, I thought it might be interesting to share.
If you've been using Snapchat, or Youtube you've likely seen a video by YesTheory, a youtube channel funded by Brother with over 1 million subs in which a group of friends do 'challenges' with a theme of saying 'yes' to more things. Here's one of them
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATgj6bHwg8
- where they ask people with houses in Beverly Hills if they can swim in their pool.

More to the point, here is the video where one of the guys, Thomas talks about meeting Elon at Draper University
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvzimVM7n0&t=21s
And yeah, I agree with the comments earlier about 'hyped' sales copy - I highly doubt that Elon has spoken more than once at the university / bootcam - so I would advise to take some of the website copy with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2017
India
Seeing as I know of one of the alumni, I thought it might be interesting to share.
If you've been using Snapchat, or Youtube you've likely seen a video by YesTheory, a youtube channel funded by Brother with over 1 million subs in which a group of friends do 'challenges' with a theme of saying 'yes' to more things. Here's one of them
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATgj6bHwg8
- where they ask people with houses in Beverly Hills if they can swim in their pool.

More to the point, here is the video where one of the guys, Thomas talks about meeting Elon at Draper University
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvzimVM7n0&t=21s
And yeah, I agree with the comments earlier about 'hyped' sales copy - I highly doubt that Elon has spoken more than once at the university / bootcam - so I would advise to take some of the website copy with a pinch of salt.
Thanks for the heads up! I have decided not to go for the program.

The-J

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
My friend went through Draper University, came out with a $500k investment in his business which later got acquired.

Your mileage may vary.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2018
Why not apply to the Y Combinator program, so that THEY would pay YOU to spend a summer in Silicon Valley getting mentored til you make your pitch?

Tommo

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Get an Insiders subscription instead and read and learn.

OP
OP
Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2017
India
My friend went through Draper University, came out with a $500k investment in his business which later got acquired.

Your mileage may vary.
That's amazing! Kudos to your friend!!

Though, I'm still final with my decision of not to attending the program.

OP
OP
Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2017
India
Why not apply to the Y Combinator program, so that THEY would pay YOU to spend a summer in Silicon Valley getting mentored til you make your pitch?
I heard that program is VERY VERY selective, but i'll give it a shot too. Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
TEOTWAWKI SALE!! The apocalypse is here and the end is near! Unstoppable viruses, corrupt...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock