The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur/Inventor Needs Help, Stationary Product

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
These can be part of every outside sales rep's welcome to the team gear waiting on their desk along with the swingline and pack of pens.

Why are you so resistant to b2b?

Selling a brochure holder to a cosmetic dentistry patient is a non-starter; selling 100 of them to the dentist so he can hand them out for free (with his logo and contact info emblazoned across the front) makes a lot of sense.

$.02

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I personally hate it, but that doesn't matter. I agree with many others that if I were to HAVE to sell this I would focus solely on selling to businesses only and getting bulk orders. You will never make it easy enough to get a consumer to pay for this as noone mans free brochure stations and that's what you want them to put in it... Try this, create a few examples and mail them to the executives at some of the top companies that use brochures in sales pitches etc and show them how much easier it would be for their sales reps to use your solution and how much more perceived value the person they are pitching to will see vs their competition who will look disorganized and struggle to find the right brochure (que cheesy infomercial fail of the sales rep fumbling through and dropping 100 brochures with your guy standing there smiling and holding up the folder.). Or create a few example folders for people that hold trade shows etc and mail them out and offer the service of not only the folders but maybe stuffing and filling and shipping complete projects as part of a service and you make the money stuffing them vs selling the actual product?
Good luck with the sales

Virgman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
How many trade shows are there worldwide? And who is organizing them? That's your market.
I agree on the trade shows and since I'm in Las Vegas I've been going to a lot more but unfortunately not too many have brochures. They take customer business cards and make orders or establish leads. I do need to be more active in my trade show circulation and find out which ones would be interested in having this logo product as a hand out. I have more work to do in finding out who coordinates and puts on the trade shows and start making more pitches.

Virgman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
Try this, create a few examples and mail them to the executives at some of the top companies that use brochures in sales pitches etc and show them how much easier it would be for their sales reps to use your solution

I completely agree with you on this but it's been very difficult to find out which companies use brochures as a part of their sales pitch. I'm going to visit some printing companies here in Vegas tomorrow and see how willing they may be to share with me what companies they make the most business brochures for and see if I can somehow use my product in a way that helps him with his printing as well.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I don't see a lot of potential in this product.. but hey - try it out!

I'm seriously thrilled to see what's gonna happen

The sunk cost effect is the general tendency for people to continue an endeavor, or continue consuming or pursuing an option, if they’ve invested time or money or some resource in it

Just gonna leave this quote here. Good luck

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I agree on the trade shows and since I'm in Las Vegas I've been going to a lot more but unfortunately not too many have brochures.

So your solution isn't solving their problem.

When I go to trade shows, I tend to get a ton of 8 x 11 flyers, a lot of business cards, and maybe a few tri fold brochures. If I was going to invest any more time into this, that is where I'd be focusing ... into making the PERFECT trade show portfolio folder.

I agree on the trade shows and since I'm in Las Vegas

Well there you go, it couldn't be anymore convenient for you. You can hand deliver the custom made boxes of Trade Show Portfolio folders ... get it trademarked, custom brand for each trade show, and you have yourself a business that can do more than make you a few bucks.

Virgman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
I don't see a lot of potential in this product.. but hey - try it out!
Jack Canfield's Chicken Soup for the Soul was rejected 144 times before being published and becoming a NYT best seller. Obviously I hope I have less rejections but I do anticipate a few however with almost 1 billion of these things being distributed every year I believe there has to be at least a few people that need this holder/organizer. Thanks for your response

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's my evaluation of your invention via the CENTS framework.

This assumes that your market are trade show executives and organizers.

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
Maybe you can team up with the guy that invented the thing to hide your scale in the bathroom?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Look, none of us here are trying to steal your thunder but this invention seems to be a solution for a problem that few people have.
i dunno what you're talking about.. i can't count the amount if times i've been handed a brochure and immediately thought 'wow i wish i had a binder for this!'

no, literally.. i can't count it. because it's 0.

No but on a serious note maybe post the product? Maybe it has good uses other that it's intended use.

Last edited:

Virgman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
Here's my evaluation of your invention via the CENTS framework.

This assumes that your market are trade show executives and organizers.

Well after doing my pitch at the incubator company I am focusing my sights on only B2B that need this product. Those business are healthcare and pharmaceutical companies. They use brochures in their presentations and trade shows. They use them to give to clients and patients. I'm solely focused on those businesses and will begin with videos, blogs, and hire a marketing guy to focus on the target population on LinkedIn and possibly FB but more LinkedIn.
thank you for the evaluation

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
No but on a serious note maybe post the product? Maybe it has good uses other that it's intended use.
Whoops I'm a dumbass... i didn't even see the pictures.

Now that I'm seeing them, i dunno.. maybe people will buy them?

i had an ex girlfriend that was nuts about organization and she would definitely buy something like this. Do you have enough to put on Amazon?

B2B is a good call... maybe doctors and Pharma reps can use

Virgman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
i had an ex girlfriend that was nuts about organization and she would definitely buy something like this. Do you have enough to put on Amazon?

Yeah there's definitely the OCD population that will buy this but I do have it on amazon and ebay

though my primary target are the professionals that hand them out as part of their job which is what my team used to do which is why i invented it in the first place

I actually only wanted to buy some for our team for work and I checked all over for them and said there's no way something this simple hasn't been made yet and of course i get that same exact statement countless times when i show it to business people

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Yeah there's definitely the OCD population that will buy this but I do have it on amazon and ebay

though my primary target are the professionals that hand them out as part of their job which is what my team used to do which is why i invented it in the first place

I actually only wanted to buy some for our team for work and I checked all over for them and said there's no way something this simple hasn't been made yet and of course i get that same exact statement countless times when i show it to business people
Fair enough... so we're not the target market

could def work

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
I thought that was you???

; ) ...
Some Amazon.com search volume & sales data for you. You are welcome.Business Card Organizer.png

-------
Brochure Organizer.png

But maybe Amazon is not your market. Btw, on which part of your invention did you get your patent? I am not an expert on US Patent Law but I know for sure that you would not get a patent on something like this under European Patent Law. Have you talked to a Patent lawyer? In my opinion, it would be very hard to stop somebody from selling a similar product.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.