The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Enneagram Test: What are you?

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
These results you guys are posting make that test seem very innacurate. Some of you are getting 90%+ on types that are completely different.. and you can't be both.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
These results you guys are posting make that test seem very innacurate. Some of you are getting 90%+ on types that are completely different.. and you can't be both.

I’ve taken the enneagram umpteen times and every damn time I get something different. I can’t join in on ANY fun because it’s so conflicting! Meanwhile my friends have freaking enneagram Insta pages and enneagram recipes and flipping enneagram styles of tackling thermodynamics while wearing the appropriate footwear for new jazz dances.. ffs. This is an example. It may utilize a tiny amount of hyperbole.

“Oh I’m an 8w4 with a propensity for handling difficulties by standing on my head and whistling sweetly Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in its original British accent”

GAH!

*pout

Thank goodness for Meyers Briggs which gives my ego some much needed petting. ENTJ all day long babyyyyyyyy

Anyhoo..

10. 9. 8...

^ that’s me counting down until one of you enneagram freaks tells me that my ENTIRELY made up example couldn’t possibly fit an 8w4 but it COULD fit a 7w something something... I’m gonna go watch a movie. Lol.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I’ve taken the enneagram umpteen times and every damn time I get something different. I can’t join in on ANY fun because it’s so conflicting!

Just learn about each type individually and then watch yourself through your daily life. You will figure out which type you are.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
People can be multifaceted though. With Meyer's Brigg and DISC I answer somewhat conflicting questions in the affirmative because, I guess, there's some internal tension. For example, I'm generally very assertive, but I'll try to diffuse situations when I perceive people are at odds emotionally. These two things are hard to reconcile, and you end up with scores like 51/49 on Myers Brigg or DISC or 16 personalities. I've never done the enneagram before this, but it looks like you just get higher percents in more things if you have facets that are at odds with each other. Unlike say, DISC, any given answer adds to one score, but does not subtract from others. So you could very likely score 100% on all (and then you're enlightened or something? Who knows). At least, that was my impression upon looking at the scores.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
People can be multifaceted though. With Meyer's Brigg and DISC I answer somewhat conflicting questions in the affirmative because, I guess, there's some internal tension. For example, I'm generally very assertive, but I'll try to diffuse situations when I perceive people are at odds emotionally. These two things are hard to reconcile, and you end up with scores like 51/49 on Myers Brigg or DISC or 16 personalities. I've never done the enneagram before this, but it looks like you just get higher percents in more things if you have facets that are at odds with each other. Unlike say, DISC, any given answer adds to one score, but does not subtract from others. So you could very likely score 100% on all (and then you're enlightened or something? Who knows). At least, that was my impression upon looking at the scores.

You are only one Enneagram type. And you are that type for life. Everybody has all 9 types in them but 1 type dominates in your life.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
You are only one Enneagram type. And you are that type for life. Everybody has all 9 types in them but 1 type dominates in your life.

So does that mean people can not rewire themselves, change their personalities, or metamorphose after extremely cathartic / catastrophic events in their lives? I might have some trouble with that idea.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Manifest destiny! You're only one enneagram and you can never change. John Calvin, come back me up on this!

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
So does that mean people can not rewire themselves, change their personalities, or metamorphose after extremely cathartic / catastrophic events in their lives? I might have some trouble with that idea.

So you are supposed to use the Enneagram to understand what you do and why you do it and then you alter your behavior to become the best you.

For example I'm a type 1. I need to act more like a type 7 to be the best me. I have trouble being spontaneous, having fun, less critical, etc.. the things 7's do naturally.

People believe Mother Teresa was a type 2. She wasn't a type 2. She was actually a type 8. And type 8's need to act like type 2's to be their best.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
At the risk of being crass, Enneagrams feel about as useful as Horoscopes. They are fun to do, but I wouldn't take them very seriously.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
So you are supposed to use the Enneagram to understand what you do and why you do it and then you alter your behavior to become the best you.

For example I'm a type 1. I need to act more like a type 7 to be the best me. I have trouble being spontaneous, having fun, less critical, etc.. the things 7's do naturally.

People believe Mother Teresa was a type 2. She wasn't a type 2. She was actually a type 8. And type 8's need to act like type 2's to be their best.

I guess I'll read up on this at some point. I'm skeptical of the idea that a metric can capture a person's nature, or even a significant part of it. But at the same time, I keep a collection of metrics like this. A contradiction?

The idea of giving for the purpose of being loved and belonging (words straight from the test summary) is alien to me. Pure sandpaper, acid, razor blades, vitriol. I give because I like, love, or respect someone, or their cause. Or because I want to. This is saying I should change that? I'll be better if I give for more selfish reasons, just to belong to an approval club?

Sounds like poison to the very core of my being. But... I know it's just a web site with a summary of a personality metric, so I could be misinterpreting.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
At the risk of feeling crass, Enneagrams feel about as useful as Horoscopes. They are fun to do, but I wouldn't take them very seriously.

But... but... you're only 45% skeptic! How can you say this?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@lewj24 The more balanced and developed one is, the less they adhere to any one enneagram type or are stuck to any MBTI cognitive pair.

The less balanced and developed one is, the more strongly polarized one will be to a specific enneagram type and specific MBTI cognitive pair.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
At the risk of being crass, Enneagrams feel about as useful as Horoscopes. They are fun to do, but I wouldn't take them very seriously.

They feel that way to someone who's never looked into it. And once you dig deeper into it you will realize that it isn't fun. That it actually can make you feel like a horrible person. Every type has their flaws.

Do you think a person who is a type 2 "The Helper" likes to find out they only help others for their own selfish reasons? That shatters their whole identity when they realize they are really only helping themselves. But it's the wake up call they need to become a better person.

The idea of giving for the purpose of being loved and belonging (words straight from the test summary) is alien to me.
Then you are not a type 2. If you are a type 8 then you should be more helpful, generous, and give more like type 2's. But you aren't going to have the same reason why you do it. Type 2's do it to feel loved. That's why they are type 2's. They feel like the only way to be appreciated is to help others.

Type 8's don't have this issue. Type 8's issue is they feel weak and small. So they compensate by showing strength and power. A type 8 is at it's best when they use that strength to help others. Type 8's don't feel rewarded by giving like type 2's feel.

@lewj24 The more balanced and developed one is, the less they adhere to any one enneagram type or are stuck to any MBTI cognitive pair.

The less balanced and developed one is, the more strongly polarized one will be to a specific enneagram type and specific MBTI cognitive pair.
The MBTI is nothing like the Enneagram. What I get out of the Enneagram is that you are already balanced in all of the types except for your type. That is the type that is unbalanced. That is what you must work to balance or it will control you until death.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I read my first book about the Enneagram in October 2014, and it’s been one of the best personal development tools I’ve ever found. To me, it’s been so much more insightful than any other personality test I’ve taken. I didn’t take this particular test, but I’m a 5w4.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
The Truity test seems inaccurate to me?(there is only one dominant and wing, not talking tritype)
Try the test at The Enneagram Institute

To the sceptics:
Understanding yourself is the first step to improving yourself. The Enneagram is not to get put into a category but is a means to leverage your strength and working on your weaknesses.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Just learn about each type individually and then watch yourself through your daily life. You will figure out which type you are.

If I know my math, and I most certainly DO NOT, then you just said I’m relatively well balanced and developed! Ha! Look out world!

Also
The Truity test seems inaccurate to me?(there is only one dominant and wing, not talking tritype)

To the sceptics:
Understanding yourself is the first step to improving yourself. The Enneagram is not to get put into a category but is a means to leverage your strength and working on your weaknesses.

Or to discover you’re a 97% 6.. so you like HAVE to be skeptical about the test.. hehehe

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Pretty much two types. But makes sense in my case and matches up with other kind of tests.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

To the sceptics:

I took the Institute one. I think the questions were more interesting because they force you to make hard choices, sometimes between two close truths, or between two falsehoods. That tends to force the inner choice engine out of people, and reveals more.

For what it's worth, here are my results for that one:

They are not as colorful as the flashy one, alas. And it costs money! Gasp!

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Crazy to see similar scores across different people here. INTP here btw.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I took the Institute one. I think the questions were more interesting because they force you to make hard choices, sometimes between two close truths, or between two falsehoods. That tends to force the inner choice engine out of people, and reveals more.

For what it's worth, here are my results for that one:

View attachment 31375

They are not as colorful as the flashy one, alas. And it costs money! Gasp!

Wait, it costs money?! I remember doing it with several people for free.
Interesting result! Seems like we have a lot of 5s here, however its pretty easy to watch habits to be more accurate wirh results. I have the feeling some results are skewed because we're already thinking a certain way due to TMF .
True 5s like to research a lot. They like to take things from multiple sources and spit out a solution that is most likely correct without being absolute.
3s pay special attention to their self-image, achieving status almost like a celebrity.
9s feel earthy and connected to nature.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Wait, it costs money?! I remember doing it with several people for free.
Interesting result! Seems like we have a lot of 5s here, however its pretty easy to watch habits to be more accurate wirh results. I have the feeling some results are skewed because we're already thinking a certain way due to TMF .
True 5s like to research a lot. They like to take things from multiple sources and spit out a solution that is most likely correct without being absolute.
3s pay special attention to their self-image, achieving status almost like a celebrity.
9s feel earthy and connected to nature.

Yep, 12 bucks. Create a business account and it's 12 pre-tax bucks. ;) There's also an "instict" test that says I'm super sexy. Aw yeah.

Reading the descriptions, 5 is correct for me. While I do have a lot of confidence in my own abilities like an 8 would, I have absolutely no need (and in fact the opposite desire) to control or dominate people for example. And while I do build businesses, I treat them like science experiments. I've been caught saying as much, to the horror of employees. But then I assure them they are not the guinea pigs and we move on with the experiment ;) [mad science cackle]

I found the Enneagram Institute results to be more on-target, and probably more actionable. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Yep, 12 bucks. Create a business account and it's 12 pre-tax bucks. ;) There's also an "instict" test that says I'm super sexy. Aw yeah.

Reading the descriptions, 5 is correct for me. While I do have a lot of confidence in my own abilities like an 8 would, I have absolutely no need (and in fact the opposite desire) to control or dominate people for example. And while I do build businesses, I treat them like science experiments. I've been caught saying as much, to the horror of employees. But then I assure them they are not the guinea pigs and we move on with the experiment ;) [mad science cackle]

I found the Enneagram Institute results to be more on-target, and probably more actionable. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ha, sexy man you!
5s at their best are connected to their bodies and act like 8s(being a leader).
Seems like you're pretty successful at what you do ;)
No problem!

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
Looks like we all here have almost the same personality type. Here is mine:

It was fun and think it's a bit exaggerated, then I took the second test proposed in this thread and it looks really accurate. Here it is:

Side note: Despite being 2% of the population, I think 80% members of TFF are also INTJ's or INTP's. Makes sense though...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
So do you guys think there is a relationship between those who score high as eights and entrepreneurship?

Everyone who has posted here seems to have 95% or higher as an eight.

I think so, I was 89%. Or though it said my "superpower" is self improvement. I'm guessing there's even more correlation with that particular trait.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I often find it difficult answering these blanket question type tests, seeing as a lot of the answers fall into the "depends" category, but hey-ho, I took it anyway.

finedun

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 3, 2023
Truity's test is not free, you have to pay to get your results...

For anyone coming around wanting a real free enneagram test, there's this one.

And it is more accurate, at least in my case...

There's a button "free results" down the page after taking the test.

I often find it difficult answering these blanket question type tests, seeing as a lot of the answers fall into the "depends" category, but hey-ho, I took it anyway.

View attachment 31399

And when you get such closed results. Please guys read about each enneagram type individually to determine which one is your actual one. Tests are only here to suggest you the most potential one.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
5w4, which more or less contradicts being an INTJ, from my understanding.

Or rather, am I an INTJ that never got over their emo phase? Lmfao.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.