The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Energy suddenly vanished!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a lot of energy for day to day stuff, but as soon as it comes to completing the tasks you've set for your business e.g. Shopify or Amazon, suddenly you have a huge surge of "I cba" or want to crawl under the bed, but as soon as it comes to going gym or doing something physical I have all my gears dialed up and ready to go

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Finding myself in the same path very often.
Do you also feel like changing idea every now and then? That's shiny objects syndrome.
Everything seems to be better than the thing we actually should be doing.

Lack of decisiveness usually comes from lack of a defined purpose and lack of confidence in what you intend to achieve.

Juke

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 23, 2019
United Kingdom
I have been struggling with the same thing recently. I just revised chapter 28 of Unscripted and realised I am in what MJ calls the "desert of desertion". I am building a prototype for my first business and getting no feedback from the outside world while doing so. I've been doing this for months and spending hours learning how to design a SAAS website.

I just revisited my meaning and purpose - the 'why' behind what I'm doing and wrote it down in front of me. I'd definitely recommend it. It feels like I've just chucked a few extra logs, along with some petrol on to my fire and got it going again...

Good luck.

LHXS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
Putting this out there, because @Bernardo De Mach might be touching on something we all come across and experience. For a while I've wondered if this (in itself) offers an opportunity:

Often when you're sad, people say "just be happy" or when you're angry people say "just relax"... but my experience is that the path between state A and state B (by "state" I mean an emotional state) often isn't one step and perhaps isn't linear. For example:

From State ='Sad' ----Write in a journal what you're greateful for--->State='Grateful'---Have some sex--->State='Happy'

or

From State='Angry'---Do some heavy exercise--->State='Exhausted'---Bath and read for an hour--->State=Relaxed'

and to add another dimension, I imagine that these pathways are different for different types of people (ISTJ/ENFP etc).

So.... The opportunity....

An app that suggests pathways to get from the state you're in, to the state you need to be.

1) Could be started by some expert views from a psychologist
2) Contributions by the public about what has worked for them
3) Learns via AI/ML based on results, to make better suggestions
4) Provides a platform for businesses that can assist in some way (e.g. guided meditation programme, exercise suggestions etc) to monetise it.

What do you think? Crazy idea? Ground breaking? Nonsense?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This happens to lots of people. We have default behaviors that we happily blow our time on. Fixing the yard, exercise, reading, research, browsing classified ads, or whatever. Everyone does this with something. And sometimes it's great... spending all your time working out makes you pretty fit, and spending all your time on research probably does something for your analytical skills.

But still, there's something you need to get done. You need to figure out how to make yourself do that.

Maybe time boxing? Put yourself on a schedule? You need to channel and contain the urge to do whatever when you should be working on your business. And you should be able to enjoy working out free of guilt. So make a time and a place for it.

Writers struggle with this problem more than some (and I have to write text books sometimes, or opinions, so I feel the struggle). A bit of advice that I think works for even this especially pained group of people is spend x hours on it from y AM to z AM (some resonable number of hours)... even if you don't get a damned thing done.

Seriously. If you don't want to do Shopify for the next 2-4 hours, don't. But you have to sit in front of a screen looking at Shopify. If you were writing, I would tell you to look at the page. No pressure! You don't have to produce anything. But as long as you're here for the next few hours, you know, if you think of something, maybe just go ahead and do it ;)

At some point the dreaded ennui leaves you, and you would rather do the work than sit there staring at it. Because You're not allowed to go work out from x AM to y AM... that's the time when you either stare at Shopify or get shit done with Shopify.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I feel the same way (working on my website)

Much rather focus on doing marketing or something else, but needs to be done..

Try to get the crappy part of your work day (coding/website whatever) first thing in the morning. Makes the day easier I guess

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
F*ck! A lot of great advice.
@Rabby yh i'm gonna have to learn to get the shit I don't like get done. I don't think I don't like it, its probably because its something new to me, and I have to learn something new.

I found a trick around it, I promise myself 10mins everyday on the task but after 10mins i'm hyperlocked in and 4 hours fly past. Sometimes, I have a legitimate excuse like excess cortisol from work and low sleep, so forcing myself to work is F*cking me up. I've tried ashwaganda for the past 2 days and soo far I still feel refreshed after work.

Again thanks for your input, i'm still going to stalk this thread for more advice

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.