The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Employment Agencies vs. payroll

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
In order to reduce staffing costs (such as payroll and benefits) for my new company, I am considering hiring a staffing agency to acquire non-managerial employees. I think coupling this with the use of independent contractors (commissioned salespeople) can significantly reduce my overhead both in the immediate term and long-term. Then again-- and this is my ignorance talking--I feel that even though the employees will be on the agency's payroll, I actually AM paying for the costs of their employment: just as a monthly lump sum payment to the agency instead of $20K+ a piece per year to each employee.

Have any of you used an agency? Is it really cheaper?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Having worked at an agency, I can tell you a bit.

It is not cheaper, the agency has about the same costs as you, only they are also tacking on a profit.

Your benefit is less paperwork, less involved taxes etc. also, if you want to fire someone and do not have a big enough pair, you just call the agency and they fire for you.

There are definite benefits, financial is not one of them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.