Hi Fastlaners!
I'm igorrr and I've just joined this community.
My story: I had been looking for years to escape being employed, but I just couldn't find a way or bring up the courage to do it. Then I switched jobs, started a role in online marketing and became savvy with Google AdWords and a few more skills relevant to ecommerce. That's when I realized where my strenghts and weaknesses are. My employer was great, but it was a regular 9-5 job with always the same working hours, the same paycheck, the same office jokes. I sought for some autonomy concerning my working hours and my working environment, but that wasn't granted.
So I decided that now is the time to quit the job and try selling my knowledge to clients. That's what I have been doing since Junary 2017: I'm a full time AdWords freelancer helping my clients to allocate their budget in the most cost efficient way. It's a great job and I enjoy (almost) every aspect of it. In my first year, I've achieved my main goal - netting the same salary as before while working on my own schedule.
After realizing how my services impact the bottom lines of my clients, I grew hungry to use my skills for my own bottom line. Now I feel another shift is imminent, one from selling time against money as a freelancer to a more entreprenurial one.
On this forum I hope to find inspiration on what to actually do, and I hope to find inspiration from people who have already achieved what they had envisioned. And if there is a way to share my knowledge, I'd be more than happy to!
I'm igorrr and I've just joined this community.
My story: I had been looking for years to escape being employed, but I just couldn't find a way or bring up the courage to do it. Then I switched jobs, started a role in online marketing and became savvy with Google AdWords and a few more skills relevant to ecommerce. That's when I realized where my strenghts and weaknesses are. My employer was great, but it was a regular 9-5 job with always the same working hours, the same paycheck, the same office jokes. I sought for some autonomy concerning my working hours and my working environment, but that wasn't granted.
So I decided that now is the time to quit the job and try selling my knowledge to clients. That's what I have been doing since Junary 2017: I'm a full time AdWords freelancer helping my clients to allocate their budget in the most cost efficient way. It's a great job and I enjoy (almost) every aspect of it. In my first year, I've achieved my main goal - netting the same salary as before while working on my own schedule.
After realizing how my services impact the bottom lines of my clients, I grew hungry to use my skills for my own bottom line. Now I feel another shift is imminent, one from selling time against money as a freelancer to a more entreprenurial one.
On this forum I hope to find inspiration on what to actually do, and I hope to find inspiration from people who have already achieved what they had envisioned. And if there is a way to share my knowledge, I'd be more than happy to!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
