Hi everyone,
This is the first time that I've made a thread on the Fastlane Forum, but I've been lurking for a while now. Seems like a great community!
For the last three years, I have been learning and practicing techniques to grow organic food. After building my own landscaping company and organic farm, I became frustrated with how slow the company was growing. That led me to the Fastlane. I've come up with an idea that I believe can help a lot of people to produce their own safe, nutritious, and really flavorful food.
Most gardening companies I know about only offer customized services, where projects are over-priced and take too long to build. Most beginning gardeners don't need custom design services, they just want the basic infrastructure (soil and plants) and some lessons!
What I am going to build this Spring is a series of standardized garden kits that include EVERYTHING a person needs to grow their own food. The kits will come in different sizes and shapes (like 4x4', 4x12', and 3x3' for the youngsters) to meet different peoples needs. Some may want to grow a small amount of food for themselves, others a lot of food for their whole family. The garden kits will be made of cedar lumber (for durability and beauty), will come with a super-fertile soil, and all of the plants/seeds to start as well.
Customers would get to choose what plants they want in their garden, how many of each, specifically what variety, etc. but wouldn't have to hassle over growing their own plants from seed. Additionally, customers could choose to upgrade their garden kits with features like an irrigation system, compost bins, hand tools, or fruit trees.
I feel like it's worth mentioning that delivery and installation of the garden kits would be included in the price, and my business would start in a relatively small geographical area.
My clients would also receive a copy of The Simple Garden Guide, an e-book I wrote last winter that teaches the basics about growing your own food. The guide would be either a digital or print copy, depending on which package they chose to purchase. People would also have the option of adding an in-person consultation to their package as well, to work and learn in the garden with an expert. Perhaps people could pay an additional fee where a gardener actually maintained the garden entirely for them?
I think the kits could come with access to an online forum where members could help share ideas, techniques, solutions, etc... Also, my primary means of marketing the product would be providing free seminars about how to grow your own food.
Do you think there is a want or need for something like this in the market?
This is the first time that I've made a thread on the Fastlane Forum, but I've been lurking for a while now. Seems like a great community!
For the last three years, I have been learning and practicing techniques to grow organic food. After building my own landscaping company and organic farm, I became frustrated with how slow the company was growing. That led me to the Fastlane. I've come up with an idea that I believe can help a lot of people to produce their own safe, nutritious, and really flavorful food.
Most gardening companies I know about only offer customized services, where projects are over-priced and take too long to build. Most beginning gardeners don't need custom design services, they just want the basic infrastructure (soil and plants) and some lessons!
What I am going to build this Spring is a series of standardized garden kits that include EVERYTHING a person needs to grow their own food. The kits will come in different sizes and shapes (like 4x4', 4x12', and 3x3' for the youngsters) to meet different peoples needs. Some may want to grow a small amount of food for themselves, others a lot of food for their whole family. The garden kits will be made of cedar lumber (for durability and beauty), will come with a super-fertile soil, and all of the plants/seeds to start as well.
Customers would get to choose what plants they want in their garden, how many of each, specifically what variety, etc. but wouldn't have to hassle over growing their own plants from seed. Additionally, customers could choose to upgrade their garden kits with features like an irrigation system, compost bins, hand tools, or fruit trees.
I feel like it's worth mentioning that delivery and installation of the garden kits would be included in the price, and my business would start in a relatively small geographical area.
My clients would also receive a copy of The Simple Garden Guide, an e-book I wrote last winter that teaches the basics about growing your own food. The guide would be either a digital or print copy, depending on which package they chose to purchase. People would also have the option of adding an in-person consultation to their package as well, to work and learn in the garden with an expert. Perhaps people could pay an additional fee where a gardener actually maintained the garden entirely for them?
I think the kits could come with access to an online forum where members could help share ideas, techniques, solutions, etc... Also, my primary means of marketing the product would be providing free seminars about how to grow your own food.
Do you think there is a want or need for something like this in the market?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
