The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eBook sales in a depression/recession? Reliable Income?

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
I am building an eBook business called SuccessNotes. They are 2 page "books" - no fluff, detailing what made each person successful. I have sold over 1,000 copies so far with 61 books on Amazon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I am building an eBook business called SuccessNotes. They are 2 page "books" - no fluff, detailing what made each person successful. I have sold over 1,000 copies so far with 61 books on Amazon.

I think it's nice to make those short books, but for some reason I believe the majority of people don't see a two page book quality. I read a lot of them because I have unlimited kindle, but if I didn't have that service I wouldn't bother reading short reads. Even at 99 cents, I can buy a much more valuable book at the same price. I would suggest putting these e-books together and making a bigger book, or at least do more research on the subject to make it a bit longer. 2 pages usually seems like a waste of time to me when I find e-books with few pages. It's opening your kindle, to find limited information, and ends quite fast. And it makes you look like one of those writers on kindle just trying to make money and a scam. And I've read enough reviews on the customers that buy these types of books. They want there money back because they're not getting anything of value for the money.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If our country were ever faced with another recession/depression - what would happen to eBook sales? What happened to them in 2008-2009?

I don't think a recession stops book sales. I believe if you have a book that solves their problem and guides them through their problems, they will read it naturally.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I think your biggest risk isn't so much any downturn in the economy as much as Amazon cracking down on two-page "books." Just curious...When you say you've "sold" 1,000 copies, do you mean actual sales, or borrows in Kindle Unlimited?

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
If there's an need your book helps to
Solve then there's business.

DrPenguin

Penning Bodice Rippers
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 25, 2014
Tokyo
I did a search for SuccessNotes on Amazon.

This little penguin is appalled.

My advice: The reason you are earning peanuts is because you are scamming people. You provide no value.

In light of your 'products', your question about the recession is ludicrous.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
As always, your sales would be what you made them.

This is correct. Asking about e-books in general as a format is probably too broad. Depends on the topic.

E-books about what to do with 10k of extra income per month in a recession might not do well. E-books on how to find a job, how to save money, how to budget, and other topics that middle class folks would be concerned with during a recession…could sell like crazy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.