The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebay's Customer Service

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hey Everyone!

So recently I had a problem with eBay...I will save a lot of reading (and typing) time by sparing you the details. But the end result was some charges on my account that aren't supposed to be there, I didn't know for 6 months so my account was suspended and I was notified through the mail..

I called into the customer service and explained my situation and the lady said she was going to send in the request, 3 weeks later no response...called in again and got through my story and the line died so I tried again and got someone who could hardly speak english let alone understand my story. I had to get to class so I was forced to hang up.

Anyways what I'm wondering is how can I get ahold of them to get my problem resolved immediately? I am tired of calling in because it takes a long time waiting and to explain, and it didn't work the first time. Is there an email or some way for me to get ahold of them? To be completely honest I am frustrated by how terrible their customer service has been.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I have never dealt with Ebay customer service, but my sidewalker job is in the call center so here is the way to get to speak directly with the supervisor.

1) Call in. If the agent doesn't speak English feel free to tell them that you don't understand them and that you would like to speak to someone who speaks English. It's not a dick move, because I'm sure they know they have trouble with the language & they are obligated to get another agent for you in this case.

2) Explain the situation to them very briefly, emphasizing that you have called before and were promised a call back/response and never got one. This lets them know that someone messed up on their end, so it's on them now.

3) Ask for supervisor. Now, agents are obligated by their rules to transfer to the supervisor. Main thing is to stay calm and not cuss (the only reason they are allowed to hang up on you is if you start cussing at them). You can even say to the rep something like "It's not your fault, but I just want to hear it from the supervisor."

4) When you get to the supervisor first thing is to ask for their first name and agent ID (they are not obligated to give you their last name). Then again emphasize that you have called about this before, waited 3 weeks for a response and that you are very very upset about not hearing back. You can get a little more pushy with them (just don't cuss) until you get a resolution.

Hope that helps.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Thank you so much King!

I will definitely give it a go and hope it works, but I will wait until tomorrow because it's already late.

+Speed for a great reply and for helping me out!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
UPDATE:

About 5 or so months ago I received an email saying my balance had been cleared and I no longer owed them anything. It took approximately 8 months in total for them to straighten out an issue that "Should be resolved in 48-72 hours".

Thank goodness that is over with..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joozed

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Oct 29, 2013
Looks like this was one of those cases in life where patience was virtue! At least they did not charge you and your account is cleared now. So while a hassle the end result was bearable. This was probably an isolated case as I know lots of people who never issues with Ebay and have used them for years and years. Ebay is most likely a good company all around with a few minor business hiccups. Glad you got it resolved! Lots of options to sell online now so you can easily not use Ebay and vote with your dollars some place else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.