The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Earning $11,000 vs. $60 in a Day (A tale of Fastlane/Slowlane)

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
So I just came across this Youtube video and I had to share it with the people here. It's so insightful and so exemplary of so many different things that are part of the transformation we're all trying to make here.

Bottom Line - S1E1

Very interesting to see the contrasts. What stood out most to me personally is how neither one of these guys seems notably more intelligent or talented and they both talk about how money was a issue when they were growing up. The only difference is in what they chose to do with their skills and time.

Another thing that stood out to me and that confirms a common theme I've noticed is how it all started small; The 11k guy talking about how he started flipping snicker bars as a kid.

Feel free to share your own insights from this video guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great video - been seeing this on my suggested feed and only checked it out now.

Really shows the compound effect in action.

One guy - working uber eats, no systems in place, good attitude but no leverage, scale, or impact...

Second guy - multiple automated and highly scalable businesses, owns his own business ecosystem, trading with large enough numbers...

Damn this really got to me. Shows how important the right principles underlining your business are and how subtle differences in this can really snowball hard over time.

Would love to see @MJ DeMarco thoughts on this one.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Yeah, I also saw this yesterday as well. Quite a stark contrast in their moment-by-moment experiences throughout the day. I couldn't help but feel really bad for the poor kid because he clearly has a very passive view about his life, as if there really isn't much he could have done, or can do, about his situation. He's just like "whatever, this is what it is....".

Having said that, I can't deny that I'm a bit concerned about the rich kid as well. I mean, sure, he's got a much better head on when it comes to economics and how the world works, but was I the only one that kinda felt that he seemed a little "zombie-ish", and almost depressed? Yeah, sure the poor kid was clearly BS'ing a little about how happy he was (he clearly does wish things were better), but if I had to, just from this video, determine who's happier right now, I'd still have to give it to the poor kid.

The rich kid is doing great, and it's awesome to hear what he's able to do for his family too. However, I'm wondering if the kid might need to slow it up a bit, because, I can't quite put my finger on it, but he might be on his way to burn-out. I could be wrong, and could be reading way too much into this really brief look into his life, but that's pretty much how I felt when I walked away. I mean, he wouldn't be the first hyper-productive money-making beast that's also hiding some serious psychological issues. Just my thoughts.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Yeah, I also saw this yesterday as well. Quite a stark contrast in their moment-by-moment experiences throughout the day. I couldn't help but feel really bad for the poor kid because he clearly has a very passive view about his life, as if there really isn't much he could have done, or can do, about his situation. He's just like "whatever, this is what it is....".

Having said that, I can't deny that I'm a bit concerned about the rich kid as well. I mean, sure, he's got a much better head on when it comes to economics and how the world works, but was I the only one that kinda felt that he seemed a little "zombie-ish", and almost depressed? Yeah, sure the poor kid was clearly BS'ing a little about how happy he was (he clearly does wish things were better), but if I had to, just from this video, determine who's happier right now, I'd still have to give it to the poor kid.

The rich kid is doing great, and it's awesome to hear what he's able to do for his family too. However, I'm wondering if the kid might need to slow it up a bit, because, I can't quite put my finger on it, but he might be on his way to burn-out. I could be wrong, and could be reading way too much into this really brief look into his life, but that's pretty much how I felt when I walked away. I mean, he wouldn't be the first hyper-productive money-making beast that's also hiding some serious psychological issues. Just my thoughts.
He indeed look a bit bored, but from what i've seen from his videos he is like this most of the time.

But i would prefer to be the rich kid because as he said in his videos, he wanted money, he's able to support his family now and buy what he wants.
Sometime you need to make sacrifice to make things happen (money) and then find happiness when the economic side is safe.

In other words, if he's not happy (i won't lie he doesn't seems happy), with all this money saved and invested and the possible passive income he could make from it, he will be able to try things and find real happiness.

Like MJ or many entrepreneurs says : "You must do what you don't love for a while in order to make what you love for the rest of your life." (something like that)

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Ricky said on Monday or Tuesday that he reached out to the other guy and will be flying to California to get him set up in his course and mentor him through his program.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would love to see @MJ DeMarco thoughts on this one.

Interesting contrast in how each guy is tied to mathematics and time. One guy isn't, the other is. And hence you get the wide variance in outcomes.

I also don't understand the incongruity in owning $1M in cars but you live in a $300K tract house, especially if you allegedly earn $7M a year. Something smells off and I get a bro-marketing vibe. I don't doubt the guy's success, I doubt the totality of the numbers. As someone who is deep in the markets myself, $11K a day is not unusual, but neither is a negative -$11K.

The $60/day guy also has a great attitude. Just a shame his net earnings is probably about $4/hour when account for time, gas, insurance, etc.

Looks like one guy read my books, and the other guy NEEDS to. LOL.

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ricky said on Monday or Tuesday that he reached out to the other guy and will be flying to California to get him set up in his course and mentor him through his program.
This is awesome. Would love to see a follow up episode. A whole series even, tracking their progress.

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I also don't understand the incongruity in owning $1M in cars but you live in a $300K tract house, especially if you allegedly earn $7M a year. Something smells off and I get a bro-marketing vibe. I don't doubt the guy's success, I doubt the totality of the numbers.

Okay, I'm so glad that I wasn't the only person who thought the same thing. One thing I learned after allowing myself to get sidetracked by bro-marketers, is that they may be very successful, but they also do a great job at making themselves look a lot more successful than they really are. I couldn't help but wonder if any of those cars were actually rentals, which seems to be a major marketing method these days...

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
Okay, I'm so glad that I wasn't the only person who thought the same thing. One thing I learned after allowing myself to get sidetracked by bro-marketers, is that they may be very successful, but they also do a great job at making themselves look a lot more successful than they really are. I couldn't help but wonder if any of those cars were actually rentals, which seems to be a major marketing method these days...

Haha. I was thinking the same thing about the cars.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think a lot of these Youtubers go really heavy on the cars first chance they get.

They know that Ferraris, Lambos, Mclarens will get those big clicks so they buy them soon as they can.

cwalto12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 21, 2018
Louisville
Saw this same video the other day and wondered what the board's thoughts were on it. I also looked into Ricky's background and his FB group makes it seem like it is a pretty good course. I also got the bro-marketing vibe from him at first, but his students seem pretty happy with the content and they say that his INSIDERS FB group is worth the price. Good thread.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think a lot of these Youtubers go really heavy on the cars first chance they get.

Ah yes, and then we can make it a business expense!

I also looked into Ricky's background and his FB group makes it seem like it is a pretty good course.

I just hope he covers his a$$ if things go sideways, not just him, but for those who he advises ... I doubt this kid has ever traded in a recession, much less a crash. In a bull-market, everybody's an expert.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Agree with a lot of the comments, One thing too note is that Ricky is a business guy that runs multiple businesses. So if you look at how he behaves as a business owner it makes sense. He is very aware of the image he is portraying on this video where as the other guy is just living moment to moment. I think this is why he may seem bored or not as happy. It's like watching a pro athlete doing an interview after a loss in a regular season game, just give the tough lose interview etc... but they aren't going to be glum when they go in there supercar drive home to there nice place and enjoy there great life after the game.

It was interesting to see him switch on his enthusiasm for his video streams etc.. Then go about the mundane folding of shirts..

From just briefly watching a couple of his other older video's he talks about selling car's online as one of his streams. Dance's around the dealer license part so not sure if he sells cars online for a dealer or has his own license, but seems like he has a relationship with someone with a dealer license so maybe he parks some cars at his own place.

Also felt like the "guru" vibe showing that he lost money on his trading and has very little 30k i think of his money tied up into it, but this is what he uses to sell courses etc.. be nice to know how much his business of teaching people to trade made him that day compared to his own "trading"..

Definitely nice to see the visual difference of different income equations!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Everyone of these Youtubers (Shopify / Amazon / Trading) with their 5/6 figures per months strategy or BS like this are Bro's Marketers and he is probably making the same amount / more from his course.

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX

They know that Ferraris, Lambos, Mclarens will get those big clicks so they buy them soon as they can.
Well that would be quite a business investment (one that the majority of these guys wouldn't be able to afford). Even Tai Lopez rents pretty much everything that's in his videos, from the vehicles, to the homes, to even the women lol. :rofl:

CalebB556

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 25, 2018
Texas
This is awesome. Would love to see a follow up episode. A whole series even, tracking their progress.

SOOOO MUCH!

A show that takes normal people and gives them a "Fastlane Makeover" and tracks their progress to success would instantly be a Top 3 for me.

But not some pimp my ride kind of thing, more like a documentary.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I have always wondered, is giving financial advise through a youtube channel actually legal?

I thought there was strict laws around this unless you had a CFA.
There's so much people doing this that i don't think anything could do anything.
But hey, maybe you could build a new career by building a private company specialized in finding people on Youtube giving illegal financial / legal advices ! Lol

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I have always wondered, is giving financial advise through a youtube channel actually legal?

Why would it not be legal?

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
So I just came across this Youtube video and I had to share it with the people here. It's so insightful and so exemplary of so many different things that are part of the transformation we're all trying to make here.

Bottom Line - S1E1

Very interesting to see the contrasts. What stood out most to me personally is how neither one of these guys seems notably more intelligent or talented and they both talk about how money was a issue when they were growing up. The only difference is in what they chose to do with their skills and time.

Another thing that stood out to me and that confirms a common theme I've noticed is how it all started small; The 11k guy talking about how he started flipping snicker bars as a kid.

Feel free to share your own insights from this video guys.

Very interesting video. Ricky the rich kid (Ricky Rich?) seems a little "emo" or lonely (maybe he's not though) to me. I can say with some confidence though that day trading is an extremely risky endeavor, especially over the long run. I haven't met a single trader in my life who has lasted over a decade successfully; many not even past 5 years. I dabbled in trading myself for about 2 years which was a disaster. Then again, maybe I went about it the wrong way. The $60/day guy seemed pretty positive although seeing him struggling to make money was a little sad. I liked the vid though! Very interesting dichotomy of money, lifestyle, and mindset.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Man, this video really hit home becasue the multimillionaire really isn’t that special, he just did it.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I love the attitude of the $60 kid. He's out there doing work, hustling and grinding.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

There’s a line where you are ok, you can give overall market analysis, sectors etc without being registered. You can also give specific recommendations if you aren’t being paid a fee to do so.

Where the regulatory body might come knocking, if they chose, was if people paid you a fee for a securities recommendation and you were not registered as an investment adviser or an agent of a broker dealer.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I do think that you have to try Day Trading to know if you're good at it or not, some people like me love the lifestyle that fits this career, solopreneur using his skills to make money while not depending on staff.
Making your money then taking vacacions whenever you want or feel it (if the money follow of course).

However, this does not fully respect the idea of TMF which is you need to be able to remove yourself from the money making system.

Having the balls to put the right stop loss / take profit each time and the skill to be able to do that.
That's why some traders stay all day long behind the computer, the market may not go the same way as you.

And this career required a lot of patience and skills, but if you master it, you can make a lot of money by your own.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Some quick research:

His FB group (110k members): TechBud Solutions

His course: Learn Plan Profit

Merch: https://www.techbudsapparel.com/

App: Techbud Solutions

Thats just top level, tons of other stuff going on and back end partnerships.

Normally I don't like these kind of get rich schemes. But this video was so interesting, and the course is so cheap ($299) that I will just have to bite on this.

Call me a sucker. For $300, I need to know the whole story.

Thanks for the links @Fox!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Normally I don't like these kind of get rich schemes. But this video was so interesting, and the course is so cheap ($299) that I will just have to bite on this.

Call me a sucker. For $300, I need to know the whole story.

Thanks for the links @Fox!

Did you get it? Would be interesting if you could leave a review to see if these types of courses are worth it. Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.