The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Drove Uber for a bit... And did THIS! INSANELY SHOCKING STORY

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Sent a girl unsolicited emails for 3 months, with no response from her, sometimes several times a day, because pretty.

cdb2cd78cf4763e9fdd00764f89c3f21_simpsons-meme-haha-memesuper-nelson-simpsons-haha-meme_400-373.jpeg

Sinjen

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 8, 2013
Interesting seeing some RP theory/authors being mentioned in here...

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
"The Rational Male" - Rollo Tomassi

This will kick you in your teeth.
No, just...no.

I enjoyed 'Models', and it has what I think is the best advice for any lonely introvert ever: go out and start conversations with 10 different women every day.

They don't have to be drop-dead georgeous, and they don't have to be long conversations. They just have to be strangers. You can just ask them the time at first, but the point is that you'll get used to actually interacting with women, which will make you more comfortable around them, less awkward and stalker-ey, and more attractive. It might also improve your sales skills.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Sent a girl unsolicited emails for 3 months, with no response from her, sometimes several times a day, because pretty.

You left out "Thought because she posted something with the color red on IG and I was wearing a red shirt that day, she was secretly communicating with me"

Bro, this is a half step away from "Satan was speaking to me through her dog while I sat outside in the bushes".

All joking aside: You might want to see someone of the professional sort. There's no shame in it. For example, I have a bunch of suicidal people in my family tree, so I'm hyper aware of any time I start feeling down for no reason, and I have things I do to lift my mood.

Last edited:

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
IMHO half of the concepts in those books are BS and the other half is good advice. Tons of BS generalizations just like what feminist books/blogs have. Most guys that have trouble finding women are because they are trying to find 9+ women when they are below a 4. It's easy to find someone that's a 4 when you're a 4. So a better idea would be to broaden your search to women that are 4-10 and not just 9-10. Supply and demand applies to dating just as it applies to business. A phone number instead of email or breaking the ice/socializing in a better way converts better but it has nothing to do with being a "nice guy" it's just smarter that's all.
Have you read Models yet?

It literally condones nothing but honesty. As in being honest with yourself and who you are, who you want to be, what it takes to get there, and being honest with your intentions when it comes to women.

Not to derail the thread (even though it started off weird) the whole 1-10 rating system of women is pretty, among other things, juvenile. not to mention entirely useless - what an action fake it is to not approach a woman because she's a solid seven and I only deal with 8+ bro. And how does it look if we take your idea of a "4-10 concept" and apply it to the forum here?

See that's the problem with most of these books, they're for guys looking to make $1,000,000 and up when in reality that doesn't happen all that often. They should aim for that, but also be content with an okay 9-5 with an hour commute and a good 401k.

This isn't a dating forum so I'm going to keep this short. For the love of god, kill your rating system. All it does is

1. Psyche yourself up and make you nervous
2. Let you believe that any particular person is "too good for you"
3. Make rude, needless comparisons between women

Simply, treat it binary. See that girl in the corner of a cafe? Cool. Does she look cute/interesting/your type? If yes, go say hi. If no, don't. (Or do anyway and make a friend.)

Honesty with yourself. Honesty with your intentions. Honesty with your goals.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
she would post something on social media that hinted at me.

I love what I do, except when I get stalked by desperate beta men who message me daily.

Dude, all kidding aside, you've taken some heat here fairly well. Your confidence should be the first order of business -- line up some small wins, no matter how small they may seem.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Hello guys! MJ had changed my mindset drastically when I read the book a while back, and I hope this post can highlight 7 lessons I've learned to everyone reading this. Long time no post -- failed in two of my businesses due to poor marketing, bad discipline, and lack of consistency. Got into a somewhat depressing mood, in addition to relationship issues, and family health issues.

Took a few months away from it all and went to drive Uber for a month to get some income.

One of these rides... The unthinkable happened... I met a girl who I felt a great chemistry with, ended up emailing her after seeing her and the rest will be written below.

The lessons I learned from this:
1. What the market feedback says, and what the market doesn't say are both equally important.
2. Copywriting is great, but don't overdo it in personal emails. Persistence is great, if applied in the right way.
3. People are people, you need to respect their emotions and not go overboard with creativity.
4. Your idea of what the market needs or wants will be proven by the feedback, don't assume.
5. Getting past your fears is great, but don't go too far or you'll make the other person scared.
6. Don't oversell yourself, make sure you can reliably deliver or over-deliver on the expectations you are setting.
7. Analyze, toughen up, and become a better man from it.

Background about her:
She's somewhat internet famous, and I found her contact information online after meeting her. Normally, I would NEVER send someone an email out of the blue, but this was just one of those weird connections that I've rarely experienced.

So.. as we know, opportunities are presented to us on a daily basis, whether it be in business, relationships, or other. It is our choice on whether we try to make the most out of it or not.

Why I emailed her: Asides from the chemistry I felt in person, I felt I could add some value to her by helping her set up an affiliate marketing website. Lesson here: I couldn't reliably deliver on that because I haven't successfully built a profitable affiliate website before. Told her about my experiences (didn't mention how much I failed at first).

What state of mind was I in to email her and keep emailing her without any direct response?... Looking back, I really do not know. Maybe I lacked other things to do, and felt anguished by the failures in business.

My days were highlighted with a constant brightness after meeting her - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? I know, I've never experienced anything quite like it. Maybe it's what they call a "Crush" or a "Soulmate".

I would write an email - she would post something on social media that hinted at me. I would write another email - she would post something else that hinted at me. (Colors of my shirt, clothes, and etc..) Oh boy. A few months after, looking back, she could've had a boyfriend, could've been married, could've been bored, could've been a lot of things. The fact that she didn't email back should've been the only feedback that I needed. But - The mind wants to believe what it wants to believe.

I didn't want to believe the red flags or signs until now (3+ Months after I met her), I was emotionally overwhelmed and blinded by a feedback loop which developed into a habit. She clearly understands how to build habit forming loops and applied it properly. I sent 3 months of varying emails and thought there was a relationship developed online -- Crazy I know, this is one of my biggest shortcomings - Overly creative without looking at reality. These last few weeks reality showed me that I'd been imagining most of it. The lonely entrepreneurship road can lead to this need for social interaction and this is a prime example of loneliness gone wrong.

3+ months of emails every few days, sometimes several a day. What was I thinking? I wasn't!

Looking back the emails I wrote bounced from one extreme to the other... Perhaps I was practicing copy-writing without concern for the reader and there may be some consequences to what I've done. Eliminating your fears and doing things should not be applied to the extreme!

Will post more details if anyone asks -- CRAZY STORY EH?

No offence OP, but you need to seek help asap. You stalked this girl and harassed her via email for several months, all while believing you were in an imaginary online relationship with her the entire time? I'm surprised she didn't report you to Uber and file a harassment lawsuit against you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've always aimed at the event of building a big company

I never built a big company -- just big enough to make a difference in enough lives to make a difference in mine. ;)

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
As a woman...

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!

You, sir, are the reason we turn into hermits and start adopting cats. Many, many cats. Don't turn women into cat hoarders.

Seriously, like someone said, chase needs, not women. You do not "need" women. You need to find a way to help people.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
OK, can we lay off the OP now guys? He made a mistake and was brave enough to post it, we've all made horrible mistakes in our lives, let's consider that his lesson is learned.

Lets not shun him from this great community :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.