The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dreading tomorrow .....

Anything related to matters of the mind

Farkry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 12, 2015
Near London, UK
Hey, I've been working for a software company doing pre-sales consulting for about 18 months and I've really been loving it, the money isn't that great but it cultivates my sales and presentation skills and I've been building a side gig with my land agency while doing this.

But ..... a couple of months ago, my company was bought out by another software company and after lots of people got made redundant, I found out I was going to be staying but doing a support job.....total cr*p as far as I'm concerned .... but of course everybody says 'at least you can pay the bills' .... partially true I guess but I was doing support in 2005 and this really is depressing.

Anyway, first full day at the new company office tomorrow doing the new job and my soul is draining away already .... Got unscripted on audible this morning and every part of me wants to just say 'F*&k you' to my new job.

Anyway, just wanted to rant and start getting stuck in to the forum ...... escape plan needs work but I'm on the case now !!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
escape plan needs work but I'm on the case now !!!!

Nothing wrong with having a job that pays the bills, just make sure you identify as an entrepreneur who is continually working his escape.

Remember, we're playing baseball -- one swing at the plate does not make a baseball career.

Welcome to the forum.

Farkry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 12, 2015
Near London, UK
Just an update ...... I'm starting a new job doing sales engineering with a competing software company on the 22nd. I'm happy that the bills will get paid doing something I enjoy and that contributes to the vision of freedom ..... bring it on 2018 !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.