The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Don't work too hard" - Farting in my direction

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
I've been hermiting away working on my product and service, and I keep coming up against resistance from pretty much everyone around me and the one sentence i keep having to defend against is "Don't work too hard"

It's a challenge explaining the method behind the madness to people without going into real depth, or getting them to read TMF lol. And that there will be a period of time where I'm going to have to be off balance and working my arse off, so later down the line I can reap the rewards.

I've already dealt with a similar situation when I stopped drinking alcohol, everyone around told me that I was making a mistake and that life wont be "fun" without it. I had come to realise exactly what booze was doing to me, so was absolutely clear in my desicion to stop, no amount of mind farts could tell me otherwise. I managed to get through it mostly by entertaining them a little without much defense, kind of accepting their opinion while at the same time absolutely ignoring it and moving on and now its pretty much never brought up.

It's funny that when you try an improve something in your life people will often tell you why you are making a mistake. i guess it makes them feel kinda bad they are watching Netflix for 3-4 hours a night while I'm working on something that actually makes me feel a hell of a lot more fulfilled than watching made in chealsea. I remember one of the chapters in TMF that covered this topic and referred to it as a fartwind or something along those lines.

So i'll do what I did before, thank them for their opinion and respectfully ignore it. But I must say, I'm looking forward to raising my income so I can move and get away from these mind farts constantly being projected in my direction, it stinks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I've already dealt with a similar situation when I stopped drinking alcohol, everyone around told me that I was making a mistake and that life wont be "fun" without it.
"Don't work too hard" is the same high-quality life advice as the above.

Your "friends" are either not very wise or they are actively trying to harm you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.