I feel your pain, I've been at this since 1996 and still learning.
The good news is you don't have to learn how to write HTML if you don't want to (I learned the basics in a few hours and there are many sites with a quick HTML primer in 10 steps (or similar) to get you started but these days you don't need to learn that.
Wordpress is probably going to become your friend or you can use templates. You can get someone to modify the template to your liking or most of them come with ways for you to add your details. Wordpress is fantastic and most of the sales sites/blogs/membership sites you see these days are probably on wordpress.
Wordpress is like a platform with building blocks that you can move around. There is an admin back-end that you log into to add "modules" that can do all sorts of things. These days it's best not to muck around with the basic 2 or 3 column layout of most sites. Think of it as the way we read. If all of a sudden people started writing books that the text went diagonally from one corner to the other we would find it weird and hard to read. We (most of us) read from left to right top to bottom. Websites are similar to that (unless you want to be artsy). They have a standard format. Header across the top (in various styles), content in the middle with a menu either under the header or down the left or right side. The main content is usually split into two (or three) with a column for extra bits (such as navigation, capture forms or movies...etc). Think of it as working with drag and drop building blocks.
It's much easier than you think but the most important thing you need to worry about is your content. That's the most important thing. I can throw up a website in 9 minutes but then it might sit there for weeks or months or forever while I fill it with useful content. Your thinking should be split up (roughly) 90% - what am I going to say and 10% how is it going to look.
I (and many others) can help you get started. Do you want to learn how to build a house or just looking for a house to live in? First of all, go and find a site you'd like to have as your own and paste the link here and I'll tell you what sort of site it is. Or go and have a look at Template monster or look for some Wordpress theme sites and see if you can find a theme you like. I can guarantee you'll find a wordpress theme that you'll love.
The good news is you don't have to learn how to write HTML if you don't want to (I learned the basics in a few hours and there are many sites with a quick HTML primer in 10 steps (or similar) to get you started but these days you don't need to learn that.
Wordpress is probably going to become your friend or you can use templates. You can get someone to modify the template to your liking or most of them come with ways for you to add your details. Wordpress is fantastic and most of the sales sites/blogs/membership sites you see these days are probably on wordpress.
Wordpress is like a platform with building blocks that you can move around. There is an admin back-end that you log into to add "modules" that can do all sorts of things. These days it's best not to muck around with the basic 2 or 3 column layout of most sites. Think of it as the way we read. If all of a sudden people started writing books that the text went diagonally from one corner to the other we would find it weird and hard to read. We (most of us) read from left to right top to bottom. Websites are similar to that (unless you want to be artsy). They have a standard format. Header across the top (in various styles), content in the middle with a menu either under the header or down the left or right side. The main content is usually split into two (or three) with a column for extra bits (such as navigation, capture forms or movies...etc). Think of it as working with drag and drop building blocks.
It's much easier than you think but the most important thing you need to worry about is your content. That's the most important thing. I can throw up a website in 9 minutes but then it might sit there for weeks or months or forever while I fill it with useful content. Your thinking should be split up (roughly) 90% - what am I going to say and 10% how is it going to look.
I (and many others) can help you get started. Do you want to learn how to build a house or just looking for a house to live in? First of all, go and find a site you'd like to have as your own and paste the link here and I'll tell you what sort of site it is. Or go and have a look at Template monster or look for some Wordpress theme sites and see if you can find a theme you like. I can guarantee you'll find a wordpress theme that you'll love.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
