The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain Flipping Round 2

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
The other domain flipping thread derailed to far off course to be of any use. Andrew linked an excellent article by RickyG on domain buying and holding. This thread is intended to discuss:

1. How to buy domains
2. Sell Domains
3. Profit off the domains your holding.

So I'll get the ball rolling. I'm looking at selling a few domains, any recommended sites or auctions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hey,

I highly recommend www.sitepoint.com. Normally there are a lot of qualified buyers on that site that are constantly looking for a new domain. Also if you PM me with a list of the ones you are trying to see I will suggest them to my new hosting clients, AT NO CHARGE.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Tom C.

www.aptohosting.com

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
If you want to sell a domain name, and its a really good name , get it in the next Moniker auction. Computer.com went for $3 million in Miami 2 weeks ago.

If you can't spend a lot you can try fresh domain registrations. The really good stuff is long gone, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to register a domain for $8 and then find a buyer for $25. Just download a giant keyword list, remove the spaces (easy with find and replace), then attempt a bulk register and see whats free (moniker has this too.)

If you want to flip high quality domain names then you need to have some deep pockets. Bargains for high value generics are virtually non-existent now. The last time I saw one was 2 years ago, I bought it without a second thought :cool:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.