The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain Flipping Knowhows

Woo Kim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 13, 2015
Hello friends.

I recently closed my wine making business and got into domain flipping business.

I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to work.

I paid for all the feature programs with domain market places (godaddy, flippa, and etc.)

I tried cold email, cold call, but so far no luck of selling my domains.

Perhaps its my domain names? Or maybe price is not right? I own

BuildingStartup.com - USD$4,999
StartupStarts.com - USD$2,49
BuyTicks.com - USD$4,999
BrandableProduct.com - USD$999

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I wouldn't consider domain/website buying/flipping as fastlane but anyway, regarding your domains:

BuildingStartup.com- USD$4,999 - Decent domain, I think you could get 1k for it
StartupStarts.com- USD$2,49 - Doesn't make much sense
BuyTicks.com- USD$4,999 - Do you want to sell lime disease with this domain?
BrandableProduct.com- USD$999 - Not a good domain

Pretend you are an end user...why would you want to buy brandableproduct.com?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I agree with most of what has been said. Probably the best thing for you to do at this point is go over to www.dnforum.com a lot of the guys there are pros, and Adam Dicker who runs it is in the top 20 domain guys in the world. Since Google doesn't really consider domain name that much as a ranking factor (except with older domains), domains that users are likely to type in are the only ones really worth much anymore (above a few hundred), or if you have a domain that is the business name somebody wants to create, then it is an ego play.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I agree with most of what has been said. Probably the best thing for you to do at this point is go over to www.dnforum.com a lot of the guys there are pros, and Adam Dicker who runs it is in the top 20 domain guys in the world. Since Google doesn't really consider domain name that much as a ranking factor (except with older domains), domains that users are likely to type in are the only ones really worth much anymore (above a few hundred), or if you have a domain that is the business name somebody wants to create, then it is an ego play.

Be careful these days with Adam and DNF, i've been reading about lots of controversy recently:
http://therealshane.com/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide/
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/08/an-update-on-the-adam-dicker-allegations/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Since Google doesn't really consider domain name that much as a ranking factor
While this is true, Bing/Yahoo do. A lot of SEO's forget about Bing/Yahoo, but for some markets it's actually better.

Lots of older people don't use Chrome or change search settings. There are some searches that actually get more traffic on Bing than Google. And it's easy as all hell to rank for Bing/Yahoo.

I ranked a site #1 for my area in 2 days on Bing/Yahoo. There was 30% more traffic for relative search terms on Bing/Yahoo than Google.

But is having keywords in the domain worth anything over $300?

No.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Be careful these days with Adam and DNF
I appreciate the light being shined on that situation. I dealt with Adam on some domain deals around 2006-2008 and had no problem. His portfolio and domains he has owned at one time is fairly amazing. From those quick reads, I would suggest learning some of his domain strategies, but don't go anywhere near where he is supposed to write you a check.

While this is true, Bing/Yahoo do. A lot of SEO's forget about Bing/Yahoo, but for some markets it's actually better.
Certainly not in my market, ytd visits via search only 4% are Bing/Yahoo

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Those domains are trash. Check out dnforum like the others have mentioned to learn more about the game. I buy and flip expired high keyword domains from time to time to make a few grand here and there, just for fun, as a hobby...definitely isn't a fastlane biz.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.