The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain/Business name needed for marketplace

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
Since a previous user here was successful with this, and i needed a name for an ebay-type site, i thought this would be a good idea

accepting pms - will explain the website to you, and speed+ you in return

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheBlackLion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 5, 2013
America
Alright, you are free to send me a PM with a layout of the main idea. I've come up with some pretty great names in the past, it's actually one of my favorite areas of endeavor: naming things.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Seth Godin has some great and free podcasts called "start up school" that you can get on Sticher (and probably lots of other places).

In one of them, he addressees naming companies.

A couple of points Godin made:
1. An obvious name will decrease your friction in the beginning when it comes to getting traffic.
2. An obvious name will increase your friction when you start to scale and look for a. capital from investments or b. selling because most of the massive sites of the last ten years have had names like ebay or google or amazon that do not have an obvious meaning. Because of this, many investors/buyers will place value on a name that does not obviously state what you are doing.

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
I would tellyou your business name and domain; are not important if you don't first get the business off the ground.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks AmyQ and NaPal, I understand. The website is in the process of being built

So, far the name is going to be costrader and I got the domains already (credits to Alty)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Thanks AmyQ and NaPal, I understand. The website is in the process of being built

So, far the name is going to be costrader and I got the domains already (credits to Alty)

Where's my speed man???

I.......just....... need.........some........ speed...... :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.