The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does this Campaign Have Enough Data to Analyse/Improve?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Hello all,

Bit of context. Last year I started taking courses on a bunch of stuff. Started with website building. I am ok at it now so now I am moving to the marketing aspects, specifically Google Ads.

I made a simple website to learn. It's a tiny tiny niche so it can't even be considered a side hustle. I am selling Libertarian books in a bundle pack. The website is done through Carrd and the payment option is done via Gumroad (which I suspect could be a culprit in zero sales). Nonetheless, the main objective of this site and campaign is to learn, learn and learn.

In that sense, I ran a small campaign and got some data after about three weeks (attached). Is this sufficient to analyze and pivot? I don't see the sense in continuing this campaign but of course happy to learn.

the website is www.bestlibertarianbooks.com by the way (not promoting moderators, just for the sake of feedback)

Thank you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Impressions.PNG
    Impressions.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 5

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello all,

Bit of context. Last year I started taking courses on a bunch of stuff. Started with website building. I am ok at it now so now I am moving to the marketing aspects, specifically Google Ads.

I made a simple website to learn. It's a tiny tiny niche so it can't even be considered a side hustle. I am selling Libertarian books in a bundle pack. The website is done through Carrd and the payment option is done via Gumroad (which I suspect could be a culprit in zero sales). Nonetheless, the main objective of this site and campaign is to learn, learn and learn.

In that sense, I ran a small campaign and got some data after about three weeks (attached). Is this sufficient to analyze and pivot? I don't see the sense in continuing this campaign but of course happy to learn.

the website is www.bestlibertarianbooks.com by the way (not promoting moderators, just for the sake of feedback)

Thank you all.
Dude this is way too little data to conclude anything. Also for learning its way better to do something less niche since you have actual volume to work with.

You want at least 100 Clicks before you can really conclude anything. Imagine if your site has a respectable 5% conversion rate. That means on average it will take you 25 Clicks to make a sale.
So you could literally be sitting on a gold mine but then you give up because the first 10 people didnt buy your product.

If you had a niche that had lets say a daily volume of 10000 searches then it wouldnt be difficult at all to get significant sample data, provided you are willing to risk loosing money.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Dude this is way too little data to conclude anything. Also for learning its way better to do something less niche since you have actual volume to work with.

You want at least 100 Clicks before you can really conclude anything. Imagine if your site has a respectable 5% conversion rate. That means on average it will take you 25 Clicks to make a sale.
So you could literally be sitting on a gold mine but then you give up because the first 10 people didnt buy your product.

If you had a niche that had lets say a daily volume of 10000 searches then it wouldnt be difficult at all to get significant sample data, provided you are willing to risk loosing money.

Amazing. See? This is how I learn (i will unpause). Question, if my cost to click is 1 EUR and my product is 10 EUR, then if its a 5% conversion rate then either a) raise the price or b) lower the cost per click? Is this the correct logic?

I put a daily budget of 5 EUR but it's not being used. Maybe my key words are bad. Ill go back to the drawing board.
Cheers

Thank you for the insight

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Amazing. See? This is how I learn (i will unpause). Question, if my cost to click is 1 EUR and my product is 10 EUR, then if its a 5% conversion rate then either a) raise the price or b) lower the cost per click? Is this the correct logic?

I put a daily budget of 5 EUR but it's not being used. Maybe my key words are bad. Ill go back to the drawing board.
Cheers

Thank you for the insight
If your not profitable with one out of 5 people buying then your product is too cheap.
Your keywords are indeed bad if you cant even spent 5 a day. Just off the top of my head, "Interesting books to read" "Political Books" or stuff in that direction might bring you some more impressions.

Also you likely wont have a 5% conversion rate. I personally always do the math in a way that I make money with a 1% to 3% rate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
If your not profitable with one out of 5 people buying then your product is too cheap.
Your keywords are indeed bad if you cant even spent 5 a day. Just off the top of my head, "Interesting books to read" "Political Books" or stuff in that direction might bring you some more impressions.

Also you likely wont have a 5% conversion rate. I personally always do the math in a way that I make money with a 1% to 3% rate.

thank you. In the meantime I don't mind functioning at a loss since the main objective is to learn.

However, I already have 10 clicks costing 1 EUR each so its time to do keep learning and do some modifications i guess.

cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.