The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Work Your a$$ Off So Your Kids Don't Have To Struggle???

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Personally, I work my a$$ off so my family can have a better life. But not so my kids won't have to struggle or find their own way. I don't fight day and night just to hand them the keys to the kingdom or gold shrimp on a silver platter.
I want my kids to struggle and find their own way; I just want them to struggle on a higher level than I did.

So yes, I look at this with a very legacy minded view and I won't reward spoiled behavior. I will reward initiative and responsibility.

I look at it like a tight line to walk and if I screw it up and they end up communists, every penny will go to my family foundation. I truly hope that isn't the case.

My goal would be to have the Keegan family elevated in its value to the world for generations.

There are two kinds of people in this regard, those that were there for the sacrifice and those that weren't. It is our job to make sure they understand the sacrifice and also that they have no choice, but to make their own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
My 5 month old daughter likes to be held so that she can stand to jump. When I set her in my lap so that I can take a break she will try to use her legs to push her way up to be able to stand. But she can't do this yet without my help. Every time she tries this I tell her you have to struggle to ultimately get what you want. . Gotta start the struggle early!

There is meaning to be found in struggle - in the grind. It adds meaning to it. The path and the process is the majority of the enjoyment of any journey.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
A video hit my FB feed this morning (no politics). Guy was ranting why Trump won and how the working class doesn't care about political games. How they only care about family and how they work their a$$ off so their kids don't have to struggle.

So I was wondering how ya'll (who have kids or are thinking about it) feel about a statement like that from an entrepreneur perspective. Do you work your a$$ off so your kids don't have to struggle?

Personally, I work my a$$ off so my family can have a better life. But not so my kids won't have to struggle or find their own way. I don't fight day and night just to hand them the keys to the kingdom or gold shrimp on a silver platter.

I want my family to have nice things and enjoy life. Definitely. But I want my kids to have a strong mind, strong values and be people of action, will, and fortitude. No guarantees they'll turn out that way, but if they don't, it won't be because they were handed everything without earning it
100% Agree.
wad.png

It's better to "struggle" by choice, and not by default or accident.

Cryley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2020
Australia
I'm fine with my child learning how to struggle and push through. There are many ways they can learn that. Education, sport, arts etc

I do however always want her to have a roof over her head if need be and a fridge filled with food.

Struggle because of a need to improve themselves or the world around them but not a struggle for their life. Maybe I'll be harsher when she's older than 20 months but for now all I want to do is snuggle and play silly games with her lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m an example of giving my kids too much, so that their struggle is not so very big.
As parents you will have it hard to not do that.

No, I don’t struggle for my kids not having to struggle.
But I help them, when I see, that they struggle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.