The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Want To Learn Facebook Ads For E-Commerce?

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

Guest12120

I have a question to everyone that might interested in learning more about Facebook Ads for e-commerce:

What would you like to learn about running Facebook Ads to your e-commerce store?

I want to offer a monthly subscription (4-8 lessons a month) that would teach entrepreneurs how to successfully run FB ads and maximize the potential of their online store.

I would like to keep the price super-affordable (probably around $30/month) and focus on delivering a ton of value. I want to also cut the BS and teach the real stuff not the "5 easy steps to $100k/day".

I know what's out there in terms of coursers/masterminds/events. I paid high 5 figures for this kind of stuff and I want to offer something even more valuable at the fraction of the cost.

I know that my point of view might be different than potential subscribers and I would appreciate if any Fastlaners that might be in a market for a product like this share their thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
My only initial question is around the sustainability of the model.

Assuming 6 lessons per month, how much could there possibly be to learn about how to run Facebook ads?

How are you going to keep customer engaged with a monthly subscription?

Maybe rethink your model to offer say 12 quality lessons at say a $60 - $80 price point (if this is what you’re thinking)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The thing about FB marketing is how quickly it changes and how tactics can quickly stop working. So I can see where a continuous product would work as opposed to a course that would quickly date.

However what can you offer that the current crop of closed forums don't provide?

G

Guest12120

My only initial question is around the sustainability of the model.

Assuming 6 lessons per month, how much could there possibly be to learn about how to run Facebook ads?

How are you going to keep customer engaged with a monthly subscription?

Maybe rethink your model to offer say 12 quality lessons at say a $60 - $80 price point (if this is what you’re thinking)

From what I've heard, most people don't even finish the typical online course (with tens of hours of video lessons) that cost them $2k or more. It could be because they're slackers or maybe the content is so overwhelming, they don't know there to start. That's why I want to offer this type of membership.

There are some masterminds or whatever you want to call them, that provide one lesson and one q&a session per week and once they go through the content they offer an indefinite mastermind membership. So there is a need for content delivered weekly.

I want to make this is an ongoing membership instead of single purchase of X lessons. Maybe I can front load it with the basics and offer more advanced content later.

There is plenty of good/valuable content that I provide weekly.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Does it have to be ecom? There are a lot of high-ticket wannabe coaches who pay $10k+ for static Facebook Ad training that they never use because of the reasons you listed above. They would buy this for sure.

G

Guest12120

However what can you offer that the current crop of closed forums don't provide?

First of all, I want to offer a free phone consultation to anyone that buys an annual membership. So not only you get a discount and a ton of content but also I would jump on a call to discuss anything fb ads/e-com related.

Some paid forums provide a lot of value that's true, but also they are very noisy for someone that is just learning. There isn't a systematize, one-voice guidance that people could follow to get started. I was a member of a $100/month group and $18k/year group (this one came with two live events).

I would like to focus on cutting through that noise and teaching people how and why Facebook Ads work the way they do. Not so much on posting screenshots from Shopify :)

G

Guest12120

Does it have to be ecom? There are a lot of high-ticket wannabe coaches who pay $10k+ for static Facebook Ad training that they never use because of the reasons you listed above. They would buy this for sure.
It doesn't. The same principles apply to ads for any type of business.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
There are a couple of FB groups I'm part of, from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand members. Most of them are pitching cut-the-bs courses. Then the group members. The ones actively running ads for their ecomms, engage in tactic discussions.

Some give the basics free, then offer paid consultations/seminars/q&a

There's 1 group that sticks out, which has a full course for free. From setting up your store, to running ads.

The thing about FB marketing is how quickly it changes and how tactics can quickly stop working. So I can see where a continuous product would work as opposed to a course that would quickly date.

This is what I haven't seen. The group members often add their notes to updates, but we know how garbage the FB feed is and it gets lost.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This is what I haven't seen. The group members often add their notes to updates, but we know how garbage the FB feed is and it gets lost.

Yes, its why I don't like this trend to use FB Groups instead of a dedicated forum like Fastlane. Easier for the hosts certainly but so much less value to the users. It's why I think forums like STM have a distinct advantage over say Facebook Ads Experts.

G

Guest12120

@ApparentHorizon Of course there are tons of groups out there, free and paid and you might find something you like. The market for this type of prodcuts is huge but it's cluttered with garbage as you pointed out.

I talked to a ton of business owners that were consider running ads and I don't think a single person had a good idea how advertising on FB works. Most of them probably shouldn't even spend money on ads because it was mathematically impossible to make any profit from their campaigns.

Even though is so much stuff out there, there is still a need for quality content.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
What campaign objectives should I try?
What types of targeting should I try?
What kind of funnel works best?
Thing to try to further narrow down an audience for most profitability?
Ad best practices from headline, description, primary text?
Best Look a Like audiences to create?
and How much should I spend before killing any/all of the above?

G

Guest12120

What campaign objectives should I try?
What types of targeting should I try?
What kind of funnel works best?
Thing to try to further narrow down an audience for most profitability?
Ad best practices from headline, description, primary text?
Best Look a Like audiences to create?
and How much should I spend before killing any/all of the above?
I would definitely cover all of the above.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Will your course work for businesses that target local markets?

Will it help with advertising to build page followers and with advertising direct marketing style for sales?

G

Guest12120

Will your course work for businesses that target local markets?
It wouldn't be a traditional course, but I'm sure I could provide some information about running local ads (basically lead gen). However most of my experience comes from running ads for e-commerce.

Will it help with advertising to build page followers and with advertising direct marketing style for sales?

Page followers not really. The reach of your page posts is throttled to less 10% of your fans and it is getting smaller.

I would recommend creating a group around your niche.

Protip: when people request to join the group ask for their e-mail, so you can market to them later.

G

Guest12120

I'm constantly thinking about what type of content would be the most valuable for people that want to learn FB Ads. Here are a couple of things that I came up with:

1) Product of the week - I would highlight one product that works well when sold online with FB Ads and explain why.
2) Ad of the week - I would go over a high performing ad that was recently launched and explain why in my opinion this ad gets a lot of engagement.
3) Real campaigns - Analysis of interesting real ad campaigns. I would go over the metrics and point out what worked well and what didn't work.

This would be in addition to more traditional content like campaign structure, objectives, audiences etc.

Do you think content like this would be valuable for my target audience?

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Any updates on the course?

I would be interested in joining

to your post above: super valuable.

With all the information out there, it’s easy to get confused what’s right or wrong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.