The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you smoke hookah?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I've never smoked hookah, cigarettes or weed.

I'm pretty boring.

Cohanm

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2022
Hello. Yes, I like hookah, some flavors can be really great. But it is better to smoke in the bar, if you don't understand anything in this field. Because there are so many different tobacco and other accessories. I recommend to start choosing hookah for example from internet. There are a lot of variants for everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

tomzestatlu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 29, 2021
Czech republic
Over the last year, it became on of my favorites things to do to relax. It´s not like I do it very often, maybe once or twice a month, always with the same friend. It´s good way to socialize without drinking alcohol. I wish more people around me would enjoy taking shisha instead of beers.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
I've never tried to smoke this one. And IMHO it's not a good way to relax, because your body-brain connection break every time when you do it. What do you think, ppl? What is your favorite way to relax and recharge? Cheers

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Never tried that. All I need to relax is either sleep or eat a lot.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
Do you smoke hookah? Is it good way for you to relax?
I've tried it a few times in Tampa, thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience as a social event. Was interested in opening a hookah bar here in Chicago, but unfortunately most state laws (at least back then) made opening such a business improbable.

Personally, I vape for nicotine and relax with weed. That in mind, I decided long ago to stay far away from businesses centered around anything smoke-related because society demonizes smoking (in all forms; awkwardly hypocritical, but something/someone has to be the enemy, I guess).

TL;DR: Imo, hookah is a great way to hang out with friends, chill with a book, etc. but in regards to business, you're better off with almost any other industry.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have a couple times but never again... smoking hookah is like smooking dozens of cigarettes. It's horrible for your body.

A

Anon3x156

Worked at a hookah bar. I can say it's not good for your health. I heard it's more harmful than cigarettes. If you want to relax go to the gym or meditate.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
"society" "demonizes" smoking because it F*cking kills people, gets you high which is F*cking terrible for you, and WILL F*ck YOU UP, MENTALLY + PHYSICALLY.

I'm afraid to say you are an addict.
Yes, I'm an addict because I smoke weed a few times per week. Your words are based on programming. So, really, there's no point to debate anything. Live your life as you see fit. I genuinely don't care.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Apr 15, 2023
Yes, I'm an addict because I smoke weed a few times per week. Your words are based on programming. So, really, there's no point to debate anything. Live your life as you see fit. I genuinely don't care.

Cheers.
I'm talking more about the vaping. Sir look I can see you are coming up with excuses like "programming" to fit your needs but these acts are horrible. I will live my life and you can live yours but I beg you to stop, or at least reduce your consumption.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
I'm talking more about the vaping. Sir look I can see you are coming up with excuses like "programming" to fit your needs but these acts are horrible. I will live my life and you can live yours but I beg you to stop, or at least reduce your consumption.
Sir, look, I can see you're coming up with reasons to fit your need to justify forcing your beliefs and lifestyle choices onto other people, but these acts are horrible.

I will continue living my life, including quadrupling my vaping, but I beg you to stop being so overbearing and controlling. Or at least reduce your need to be this way via therapy. It isn't healthy.

Cheers.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Apr 15, 2023
Sir, look, I can see you're coming up with reasons to fit your need to justify forcing your beliefs and lifestyle choices onto other people, but these acts are horrible.

I will continue living my life, including quadrupling my vaping, but I beg you to stop being so overbearing and controlling. Or at least reduce your need to be this way via therapy. It isn't healthy.

Cheers.
that's actullly pretty funny

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Nope, straight edge. I'll drink every once and awhile.

Don't mind having some beers with friends and playing Pool as downtime.

Just relaxing, having fun, nothing about business or life.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
At the very least do edibles, vapings going to do enough to your lungs.
1. I'm going to die either way. At least this way, I get to live exactly as I see fit. This is also why I still ride motorcycles.

2. I genuinely enjoy vaping the varying flavors, trying new brands, getting to meet people in the industry, etc.

3. Edibles are pure trash. Furthermore, due to how difficult it is to figure out dosing, it's easier to become psychologically addicted, your tolerance increases faster, and you're more susceptible to developing psychosis (though, to be fair, the odds of developing psychosis are akin to winning the lottery, so this may be irrelevant).

4. On a philosophical level, while I don't necessarily "want to die," "dying" in of itself is something I don't worry about. At all. If I die tomorrow, it is what it is. If I live to be 100, it is what it is.

While I appreciate the sentiment, this conversation is going to go nowhere. Your beliefs are your beliefs, and I'm never going to change my lifestyle for anyone but me. Research doesn't matter. Something "potentially killing me" doesn't matter. I will stop vaping if/when I decide I no longer wish to do it. This is how I've successfully cold turkey'd every "bad" thing I've ever done (including cigarettes).

The reality is if I enjoy something, and I have the resources to enjoy it, then I'm going to enjoy it... Until I no longer enjoy it. That's that. If it ends up being my downfall, then once again, that's on me, not you.

I will happily suffer the consequences of my life decisions as I cross those bridges. But walking around lecturing people about how they live their lives isn't the vibe. Especially knowing everyone does SOMETHING that someone else considers "weird/lame/disgusting/bad for you/etc."

So, in conclusion, I'll circle back to my original point: focus on how you live your life, and I'll focus on how I live mine.

Cheers.

Indulgency

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 3, 2019
Hookah for me is the ritual. Setting one up, lighting the coal, packing the shisha, poking the holes, selecting a hose, selecting an activity, then sitting and smoking whilst doing that activity.
As for smoke, I prefer traditional shisha, so I smoke without the use of foil, thus making "clouds" slim and wispy. I smoke for flavour.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.