• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Do I need SEO & PPC?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by levijean, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:26 PM.

1. levijean

levijean Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,626
    My website ranks very high for my keywords, #1 in many cases. But of course paid searches rank above mine. Would PPC ads benefit me or just cannibalize my existing rankings?

The majority of the time when I search for stuff I ignore the ads and go straight to the organic results.

Andy Black, minivanman and Ungodly like this.
  2. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,573
    Yes. They might cannibalize a bit if you are already on organic #1, but you have to consider that many people are probably not like you, can't tell the ads from the organic results and just click on the first result, in many cases without even reading the headline. They just assume that the first result is the correct one.

Also, in the past years the amount of space that ads take up on the top has increased more and more, and pushed organic down, especially on mobile, which is a trend that will likely continue. So it won't hurt to diversify your traffic.

3. Ungodly

Ungodly Relentless Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,099
    As I tell all of my clients, do both. Take up as much real estate as you can to get all of the potential relevant traffic that you can. Increase your odds of driving converting traffic to dominate your chosen market.

Andy Black and levijean like this.
  4. JM35

JM35 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $604
    Take a look at your conversion rate and margins, along with the CPC to buy that prime real estate. Should be relatively easy to calculate the benefit of paid ads. Can't hurt to test it out with a few hundred bucks if your site is successful already.

Andy Black, minivanman and levijean like this.
  5. levijean

levijean Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,626
    Alright, PPC campaign underway...

Andy Black and JM35 like this.
  6. johnp

johnp Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,083
    Another thing to consider is that you have more control over ppc.

As far as position one goes, sometimes you don’t want to be in the top position. sometimes you do. Shoot for top 3 positions.

Andy Black likes this.
  7. Yoda

Yoda Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $202
    It will not cannabalize your rankings.

If you set up proper tracking, you should be able separate out your Analytics for paid and organic. There are two metrics to follow to answer your question directly:
    • Organic revenue (up to the date of first PPC campaign) versus organic revenue (after the date of first PPC campaign)
    • PPC profit
    So long as [(organice - organic) + PPC profit] is greater than zero, you're good to go.