The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Diving Fully Into Entrepreneurship

triodine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been a casual lurker of this forum for quite some time, but I think it's finally time I make my own intro post. You may have seen me like your comments from time to time, ha!

I've been working in the post-production industry in LA for the past few years. If you know anything about the film industry, you know it's unstable, long hours, and insane work schedules.

When I read both of Mjs books back in 2019, it changed my life. Though, not in the way that you would expect initially. Instead of deciding right then and there to start working towards a pathway that could lead to the lifestyle I wanted. I doubled down working in the film industry and decided to use the resources and talent I had available to make my own short film. I knew in the back of my head that if I didn't use my available network and resources now, I would never have this opportunity again. So I did just that; I spent almost two years working on a personal animated short film. During that time, I pretty much-neglected anything that wasn't related to work or my short, and it destroyed me in the process.

I finished my film in October of 2020. I'm super proud of it and happy with the outcome. I made more mistakes than I can count, but the one thing I did learn from this was that I could do anything I put my mind to. I was so burnt out that I had my "F this" moment. I have had them multiple times during the process, but this particular one was the one.

I decided that this was the end, I wouldn't go back to doing it anymore, and that I needed a change, a restart if you will. I decided to move out of LA and back in with my parents in their house in Orlando. With the money I'll be saving from not paying for LA rent, I'll be able to divert into starting up my own business.

I'm currently in the process of starting up my own Amazon FBA business. I have some products that I've helped develop over the pandemic and am ready to ship. Now, I'm in the process of getting all my paperwork and stuff approved so I can start selling(though I was planning on making a separate thread for this once everything starts). I know it isn't the most CENTS oriented business. My main priority currently is to create a source of income for myself that isn't dependent on me working in film but is still in the vain of what interests me most right now, which is to dive into the world of e-commerce.

Sorry if this is a bit long for an introduction. I look forward to interacting with all of you moving forward!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
Great intro! When you talked about how busy you were working in the film industry and that created your own film, even though it destroyed you in the process, it shows you have the necessary tenacity to follow through. I wasn't expecting the plot twist at the end (spoiler alter!) where you helped develop some products during the pandemic and they're almost ready for FBA on Amazon. You've been busy!

I'm looking forward to a thread to see how this goes!

triodine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 26, 2019
Great intro! When you talked about how busy you were working in the film industry and that created your own film, even though it destroyed you in the process, it shows you have the necessary tenacity to follow through. I wasn't expecting the plot twist at the end (spoiler alter!) where you helped develop some products during the pandemic and they're almost ready for FBA on Amazon. You've been busy!

I'm looking forward to a thread to see how this goes!
Thanks Brian!

I'm really excited to get everything rolling and to share the process

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.