I noticed an interesting workflow when I was buying some tickets using a coupon code yesterday.
I found a coupon to a basketball game on the back of a shopping receipt (http://www.shopadocket.com.au/kings). So I went to the ticketing site and went through the checkout process but couldn't find an area to enter the coupon code to get the discounted tickets.
So I went back to the online coupon and saw the important wording (underlined):

The first time you get to the ticket page, this is what you see.

Initially, I ignored the Password field above the Get Tickets button as I didn't think it applied to me.
But as per the coupon instructions, when you enter the coupon code in the Password field, it actually hides it like a password.

Then when you click Get Tickets, you will see the discounted tickets. On my first attempt to buy the tickets, that ticket type option wasn't available.

This hidden/obscured coupon code could be useful when you want to give people discounts but don't want to people to Google discount codes when they're on your checkout page as you can have cart abandonment issues as well as giving people discounts when they would've been happy paying full price.
I'm not sure if many of the eCommerce platforms allow you to apply codes before adding items to the cart, but I think this is a pretty clever way of approaching coupon codes.
I found a coupon to a basketball game on the back of a shopping receipt (http://www.shopadocket.com.au/kings). So I went to the ticketing site and went through the checkout process but couldn't find an area to enter the coupon code to get the discounted tickets.
So I went back to the online coupon and saw the important wording (underlined):

The first time you get to the ticket page, this is what you see.

Initially, I ignored the Password field above the Get Tickets button as I didn't think it applied to me.
But as per the coupon instructions, when you enter the coupon code in the Password field, it actually hides it like a password.

Then when you click Get Tickets, you will see the discounted tickets. On my first attempt to buy the tickets, that ticket type option wasn't available.

This hidden/obscured coupon code could be useful when you want to give people discounts but don't want to people to Google discount codes when they're on your checkout page as you can have cart abandonment issues as well as giving people discounts when they would've been happy paying full price.
I'm not sure if many of the eCommerce platforms allow you to apply codes before adding items to the cart, but I think this is a pretty clever way of approaching coupon codes.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
