The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Embracing Failure; Failure is your Friend in Disguise

Anything related to matters of the mind

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ok so we all have failed at something in some point in our lives. Totally normal. And some of us WILL fail through out our Fastlane journey. Totally normal and OK again. Well i'm here to argue that that is actually a GOOD thing. Well sort of. Only if you embrace failure and approach it/ interpret it in a way most people DON'T.

Heres how failure should NOT be interpreted:
  • I'm inadequate; i'm just not a good enough entrepreneur.
  • It's the markets fault. It's their fault it didn't work. Curse them.
  • I knew I could never do anything right(confidence takes a nose dive).
  • It's Joe Blows fault it didn't work! Not my fault!
  • I will just forget about this failure and pretend it didn't happen.

Notice what all of these statements have in common? They are all SUBJECTIVE and EMOTIONAL non-sense.

Heres how failure SHOULD be interpreted:
  • Something went wrong during my execution. What is it? And Why?
  • Failure is a result of Scientific Fastlane error.
  • Failure gives me a deeper insight into the workings of the market; which turns out to be gold in my next ventures.
  • Failure lets me grow my understanding of entrepreneurship; no failure= no growth/progress in mindset.
  • Failure doesn't mean failure it just means what I have been doing doesn't work or is faulty.

Notice what all of these have in common? They are all OBJECTIVE and UN-EMOTIONAL and SCIENTIFIC.

Your success in the Fastlane is DEPENDENT on how you interpret and approach failure.

Failure lets me GROW into a SUPER STAR Entrepreneur. It reveals to me new secrets about the market place and also about execution.

Just like edison said: you didn't fail 10,000 times you just found 10,000 ways that didn't work.

How are you approaching failure? Is that holding you back?

Your turn folks. What are your ideas/ beliefs on failure?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hardest thing about failure to me is other people rubbing it in my face. I can't tell if they are doing it as a joke or if they truly and honestly want me to feel bad for failing. It almost makes the road not worth traveling on.

Then I realize that I'm not them and they're not me, so their opinion becomes invalid. But, as they throw their feces in my face, there are little golden nuggets hidden in the shit. I find the nuggets then put them in my pocket to cash in when I succeed.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
I heard recently that a successful person would ask their kids every day, "what did you fail at today?" And praise them for their failures, teaching them that it is only through what the masses call "failure" that one succeeds.

Yet another example of watching what everyone else thinks/does and doing/thinking the opposite.

Anyone that would say a cross word to someone who "failed" definitely has their own issues that they are dealing with and ideally should be dismissed out of hand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.