The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Discipline for losing weight.

Anything related to matters of the mind

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
I think people have given very good advice around food, calories, goals, mindset, lifestyle but I would like to add a few things for consideration:

1. If you have a spouse/family then make sure that they are aware and if possible support you, or better yet partake with you [but don't force them] on the journey. If you are easily influenced by their decisions, then there will be habits, hacks you will need to put in place to make sure they don't derail you.

2. Social interactions can be hard at the beginning (I just found newer friends who wanted to live this life style by going to Orange Theory..not saying its the best workout, but its very good, and gives me a community of like minded people). Avoid, go for coffee instead of lunch etc. Family get togethers can be bad, so plan accordingly.

3. Don't go shopping for food (at least on an empty stomach). I found that I ordered groceries online, or went to store when I was full so I didn't make bad choices.

4. Pre-eat/Pre-decide what you are going to get when you go out. Having a plan or not being stupidly hungry when going out to eat helps make better choices.

5. Take progress pictures. The journey has a lot of ups and downs esp after the initial bump. So those pictures of you seeing your own progress helps remind you its your journey.

6. You will have set backs. Somedays you will do something you regret like eat a burger and fries. Its about resetting as quickly as possible and continue on. I think in Unscripted MJ mentions eat 20 good meals out of 21 (or something to that effect). Its what I use as my base, but sometimes it works out 18 good meals out of 21. Just will take me longer to get to my goal and its a heck of a lot better than 1 out of 21.
Thanks

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
My uneducated review of all the "diets" out there:
  • Slow carb is awesome for people who love beans
  • Paleo is awesome for people who hate beans
  • Carnivore is awesome for people who hate veggies and love organs
  • Vegan is not a F*cking diet
  • Plant-based IS a diet, and awesome for people who hate flavor
  • Low-carb is awesome for people who love artificial sweeteners (but stevia doesn't count, it's natural!)
  • Keto is awesome for people who want to be doing something cooler-sounding than "low carb"
  • Low-GI diets are awesome for disgusting creatures who can somehow tolerate brown rice and whole wheat pasta
  • Mediterranean diets are awesome for people who love olive oil
  • "Clean eating" is awesome for dudes who are totally gonna be Mr. O one day
  • Intermittent fasting is awesome for people who love to binge-eat and get off on being grumpy all day
  • Actual fasting is awesome for people who love that feeling some 36 hours in when you've "beaten hunger" and are willing to suffer for a day to get there
  • Balanced low-calorie diets are awesome for boring people who listen to their schmuck doctor (did you know doctors barely study nutrition at all? Seriously!)
  • Calorie counting is awesome for nerds who wanna Rain Man their diet
  • IIFYM is awesome for people who don't give a shit about hunger but refuse to give up pizza and pop tarts
And... wow holy shit they all work. I can find at least 10 stories from the Internet of people who lose significant amounts of weight from doing every single one of these eating protocols. They ALL work. But the only diet that works is the one you actually stick to long enough to see and maintain your results!

With that said, if you simply record what you eat and weigh yourself (and be honest about both), you'll learn a lot about yourself. You'll learn what works and what doesn't. You'll learn what foods make you sluggish and what foods give you energy throughout the day. You'll learn what makes you bloat. You'll learn what makes you shit uncontrollably. It's useful. Try it!
These are funny

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@mav55339 -- why do you continually post new threads and new posts when you've demonstrated a propensity to IGNORE every single piece of advice given to you?

You're post to approval ratio is about 10 to 1 ... for every 10 posts sucked into moderation, 9 of those posts are deleted.

The reason being: You like to talk, but you don't like to listen.

And I see nothing has changed, except more posts that I continually need to delete.

Asking the same question over and over while ignoring every single piece of advice given isn't going to help you, and I'm tired of having to moderate it.

(For reference: this user once again tried to post a new thread on losing weight when he already did so weeks ago, and clearly ignored everything.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
@mav55339 -- why do you continually post new threads and new posts when you've demonstrated a propensity to IGNORE every single piece of advice given to you?

You're post to approval ratio is about 10 to 1 ... for every 10 posts sucked into moderation, 9 of those posts are deleted.

The reason being: You like to talk, but you don't like to listen.
Sorry I won't post anymore

red360

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 30, 2023
You could have a mental block somewhere which is preventing you from attaining your goal.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.