The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Direction Searching

Anything related to matters of the mind

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
hey fastlaners.

My journey to living unscripted is just beginning.

I'm almost 26 years old and a software developer. My salary is good. My bank/investment accounts are happy (though I seek a better long term investment approach). Entrepreneurship is totally foreign to me.

My first idea toward the fastlane is an iOS app. The purpose of the app is actually to help guide and motivate me on this journey (yes the idea is meta). There seems to be a gap in the market for this app though there are very many that are similar (and what do I know? I'm just starting out). Will this app to make millions? Hundreds of thousands? Probably not, but I'll learn a lot in the process (marketing, copywriting, releasing a mobile app, creating an LLC eventually, building a website, etc).

As a beginner to building my own anything-related-to-business, is it worth the time to build and release this app even though it will be very very hard to get above the noise in the market? Is it pointless because I haven't "made it" yet so how can I build an app helping myself and others to "make it"? The learning experience seems worth it as long as I get my a$$ in gear. Building mobile apps is what I know so naturally that's my first platform of choice.

One thing is for sure, I do not want to be a software engineer for the next 40 years.
Given my savings, investing in real estate has crossed my mind. However real estate seems better for long term wealth preservation rather than wealth generation.

Am I wrong with any of this? Would it be better to get out there and spend time looking for a real/better need and/or platform even though I'd be starting from total scratch?

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Tons of UI and UX guys on Upwork/Fiverr. Be careful though, you get what you pay for. I haven't myself gone into apps and such but the consensus seems to be to validate and pump out an MVP before you go all in.

And yes. It is always better to look for a real need/problem. Your already putting in the work, may as milk it for as much as you can. You'll learn a lot either way, but maybe it could be your golden ticket as well. You never know.

In terms of motivation there are tons of problems out there... What is something that holds you back or takes away from your own journey? Chances are other people have that issue as well. It's a broad topic, but try and get specific, at least for now. For example, focus on conquering fear.

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
Thanks @Bdenner64 ...yea I've been working toward an MVP.
When I started this app, I had no definite direction and just built ideas as they came to me. It soon had too many (lame/confusing) bells and whistles so I recently decided to focus its purpose and rip these out. The new, focused MVP should be done soon.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for ideas (already got at least one other with potential). After I ship and focus on maintenance/updates, I'll start idea #2.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.