The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did you take one step?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Did you take one step towards your life goals today?

If not, get to it. Make it a consistency in your life to do at least one thing everyday towards your goals in life. Have none, then you might as well sit in your chair and spin. "A Ship with no destination will be lucky to get out of the harbor" Earl Nightingale

Yes the journey is a far one, but unless you start making consistent progress everyday, you will only stare at your goals on the horizon rather then realize them.

Ask yourself every morning and every night. Did I take decisive action towards my goals today? Write down your goals everyday....Everyday!!! Take your goals to heart and do this one step right.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I sure did, signed up for 2 different chapters of toast masters and sent in for my application to the National Speakers Association.

Tada!

What did you guys do?

oh, and I did two speeches today to middle schoolers... and worked on the blog a little... and wrote down more things for my new speeches I'm creating... and taught classes all day... and... well, you get the idea!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I sure did, signed up for 2 different chapters of toast masters and sent in for my application to the National Speakers Association.

Hey so did I! I didn't actually like the chapter I attended so I'm still searching for one. The ones around here meet at 6AM in the morning and ya'll know how I feel about early mornings!!

Congrats on the power effort!!

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
I did, I researched all afternoon yesterday about SEO and keyword application. Today I'm designing my website and going to try to get it published and up and running.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hey so did I! I didn't actually like the chapter I attended so I'm still searching for one. The ones around here meet at 6AM in the morning and ya'll know how I feel about early mornings!!

Congrats on the power effort!!

Dude, you would love this second one I signed up for. "Toastmaster's Comedy Club" !!!

Regular toastmaster rules with comedy routines and funny speeches! Haven't gone yet, next one is in two weeks. I'm super excited!

LarryG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 29, 2007
Bremen, GA
Looked at a possible SFH investment for Jessica and I here. Spent a late night up reading "The Success Principles".

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
worked on my sites and my book today. This week has been the most productive of the year so far.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I use this technique. I do at least one thing EVERYDAY to get me closer to my goals.

Then I add: LEARN one new thing everyday.

Today I wrote some articles and added content to some sites. I learned about adding sample content to sites for testing and design purposes.

Desert_NM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 25, 2010
New Mexico
There are a lot of things I want to make my goals but I think my goal for tomorrow is going to be to pick one and focus on it for a week. :rofl:

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I know a lot of people here would disagree with me, but I have found having a partner in my ventures to be one of the best ways to keep me moving forward. I am constantly bouncing off ideas from him, meeting at lunch to talk over stuff, etc. I honestly think that the issue of distraction in other directions and other business ideas would have kept me from moving forward if I didn't have a partner in my current business. Different strokes for different folks :)

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I know a lot of people here would disagree with me, but I have found having a partner in my ventures to be one of the best ways to keep me moving forward. I am constantly bouncing off ideas from him, meeting at lunch to talk over stuff, etc. I honestly think that the issue of distraction in other directions and other business ideas would have kept me from moving forward if I didn't have a partner in my current business. Different strokes for different folks :)
I do better in a group or partner plan as well. what is important is recognizing what works for you and moving forward with it.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
We (husband and I) are getting back into the swing of things. We have a Cash Flow group but stopped hosting games ourselves for about two years due to life circumstances but are getting back into it. We were having a conversation with Greg and Cynthia at the B&P about meeting with like-minded people and I was thinking, I have a group of almost 400 people that I am not utilizing. How many connections that could have helped us have I missed???

So we are looking for new spaces, meeting with the other organizers, attending the games they host and letting our current connections know we're still here! As a result, we were asked to be on a panel later this month to share our real estate experience.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Did you take one step towards your life goals today?

Today? Lots! Not enough hours for certain things I wish I could do, but here are todays:

-Finished practice 1 of 3 for soccer today. 45 minutes until the next. (not business, but for a life goal!)

-Wrote a few pages for a book I will hopefully release before the years end. May only be an e-book, but it's a start. :)

-Jotted down the notes for a few articles I want to post on my blog for soccer training. Before the days end I'll finish one to post. I tend to get ideas while I practice and by the time I get back I forgot so I take a notebook just to jot something down to remember it.

-Not today, but yesterday posted my first video to help someone with their soccer training. It's significant because I realized that I went from a shy kid who literally was scared to even say "hi" to strangers to posting a video of me talking that the whole world could potentially see (not that this particular video is interesting enough, haha). So in essence I've finally (after many months!) tackled my biggest fear in "socializing".

It continues to surprise me how much more fulfilling a day feels when I do stuff I don't quite feel like in replaces of "quick fixes". I've spent too much time just browsing facebook, reddit, etc, and while I'm "happy" doing it I almost 100% of the time feel like I wasted the day before sleeping. Lets hope this keeps up because it at the very least has me doing something productive each day. :groove:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There are a lot of things I want to make my goals but I think my goal for tomorrow is going to be to pick one and focus on it for a week. :rofl:

Greatest labor saving device ever invented is tomorrow!

stlsmoore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 8, 2009
Saint Louis
Yup I learned some useful SEO tips, and a cool program to help me submit a lot of the articles and blog posts I've already written to directories and the like. I've also received an updated video for my sales page and I'm now I'm focusing on using my blog page www.shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com as my opt-in for my email list and to eventually lead them to my sales page! FULL steam ahead!!!
:fastlane:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.