The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One step before leaving static job

Julian Kowalczuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 7, 2019
Hello everybody. My name is Julian. I came here because of the book (TFM). Now I'm filly prepared to share my story with You.

Since I was little boy, I always liked risk and my parents, grandpas couldn't stop me. Arguments like "u should do it, because everybody does" was stupid for me before I got what's mean 'stupid'. I was doing well in school without spending much time on learning at home. And the college time came...

I got kicked off after half year. I was waiting for this period whole life, but nothing was looking like in America Pie and I was still forcing to do stuff not correlated with my future plans. I had two ways - go back in next year or drop it.

Ofc I dropped in and jumped in IT world. I was learning programmee for years (without my parents locking even BIOS with password, maybe I would never start this topic without them). My friend's previous boss dropped his work and started his own company. He was looking for junior developer. Nice opportunity to me.

I started the job. Everything was fine, but then startup collapsed, because big client didnt pay 2 months in row, so they had to fire me.

You probably can imagine my family talks about my wrong decisions and trying to force me to go study back.

But I had my plan and decided to stick with that. I found another job in 2 months. Before first payment in new company, I left with 80PLN (polish currency - 1$~=4PLN). Lucky me.

After few months I realized that this place is not for me. They weren't working for proper effect, but just for "getting job done". Really poor code quality and apps hanging when somebody turned on coffee express. My motivation got down and after quarrel with my manager - I got fired.

After this one of my friend decided to hire me. Without any agreement, but for what, if we are friends... After 3 months I asked him about payment. He spent money he earned on me (I got this payment months later splitted on parts). I had to find job quickly. And I did it starting my one-person company and starting B2B contract. Before first payment, I left with... 7PLN on debit card. I love my life for mkments like this.

It was going nice. I've learned a lot here. But after more than year, our department has been sold and about 1/3 people got fired. And yes, You are right, I was so lucky to be included in this group.

For about month my contract will expire. I haven't so much money left, because I had to realize my dream about car (I'm 22 years old, so every man here will understand this step).

All these experiences are the same sign for me - I need to drop static work. Even I was doing my job well and trying to improve whatever I could in my workplaces, I have never got fully control and in every job because of declining my brave idea company lost money or client (or both).

I believe in two rules of life (impact and attracion). I came here to read great stories about people catching their dreams and meet some of them to advice my what to do to start one of my business idea in month to get about 5000PLN/month (I wouldn't like to sell car, it's my child guys, but if I had to - 3500 will be fine) or how to get well paid half-time remote job to let me work and start company pararelly.

Best regards,
JK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mindsetferg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 29, 2019
California
Hello everybody. My name is Julian. I came here because of the book (TFM). Now I'm filly prepared to share my story with You.

Since I was little boy, I always liked risk and my parents, grandpas couldn't stop me. Arguments like "u should do it, because everybody does" was stupid for me before I got what's mean 'stupid'. I was doing well in school without spending much time on learning at home. And the college time came...

I got kicked off after half year. I was waiting for this period whole life, but nothing was looking like in America Pie and I was still forcing to do stuff not correlated with my future plans. I had two ways - go back in next year or drop it.

Ofc I dropped in and jumped in IT world. I was learning programmee for years (without my parents locking even BIOS with password, maybe I would never start this topic without them). My friend's previous boss dropped his work and started his own company. He was looking for junior developer. Nice opportunity to me.

I started the job. Everything was fine, but then startup collapsed, because big client didnt pay 2 months in row, so they had to fire me.

You probably can imagine my family talks about my wrong decisions and trying to force me to go study back.

But I had my plan and decided to stick with that. I found another job in 2 months. Before first payment in new company, I left with 80PLN (polish currency - 1$~=4PLN). Lucky me.

After few months I realized that this place is not for me. They weren't working for proper effect, but just for "getting job done". Really poor code quality and apps hanging when somebody turned on coffee express. My motivation got down and after quarrel with my manager - I got fired.

After this one of my friend decided to hire me. Without any agreement, but for what, if we are friends... After 3 months I asked him about payment. He spent money he earned on me (I got this payment months later splitted on parts). I had to find job quickly. And I did it starting my one-person company and starting B2B contract. Before first payment, I left with... 7PLN on debit card. I love my life for mkments like this.

It was going nice. I've learned a lot here. But after more than year, our department has been sold and about 1/3 people got fired. And yes, You are right, I was so lucky to be included in this group.

For about month my contract will expire. I haven't so much money left, because I had to realize my dream about car (I'm 22 years old, so every man here will understand this step).

All these experiences are the same sign for me - I need to drop static work. Even I was doing my job well and trying to improve whatever I could in my workplaces, I have never got fully control and in every job because of declining my brave idea company lost money or client (or both).

I believe in two rules of life (impact and attracion). I came here to read great stories about people catching their dreams and meet some of them to advice my what to do to start one of my business idea in month to get about 5000PLN/month (I wouldn't like to sell car, it's my child guys, but if I had to - 3500 will be fine) or how to get well paid half-time remote job to let me work and start company pararelly.

Best regards,
JK

Hi Julian Kowalczuk,

Seems like you've been on quite a trip so far, but at least you are recognizing the opportunities ahead!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...