The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing Forum

agxlover

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2015
Phoenix, Az
Does anybody know the difficulty in developing a forum website such as this? Been quoted different prices from $4,000 - $20,000. Am trying to start a business model through an online forum, but need to establish market feedback prior to implementing steps or investing into the actual web design.

Does anybody have an information or experience in developing a forum such as this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
xenforo.com -- $150 bucks.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Plus a million dollars worth of sweat, tears, trial and error, and real world credibility that brings authority to the platform.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

agxlover

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2015
Phoenix, Az

Am trying to create a forum with multiple different User Groups. Would it be possible to have set specific forums show for each user group with xenoforo? Ex. Accountants would sign up and their forum threads would show accounting discussions, lawyers have law discussions. And a general thread group where all can see?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Am trying to create a forum with multiple different User Groups. Would it be possible to have set specific forums show for each user group with xenoforo? Ex. Accountants would sign up and their forum threads would show accounting discussions, lawyers have law discussions. And a general thread group where all can see?

There's a ton of places online (not here) where you can learn the craft of forum creation. Google it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
No. My private message thing isn't working.
When-your-parents-try-and-use-new-technology.jpg

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Does anybody know the difficulty in developing a forum website such as this? Been quoted different prices from $4,000 - $20,000. Am trying to start a business model through an online forum, but need to establish market feedback prior to implementing steps or investing into the actual web design.

Does anybody have an information or experience in developing a forum such as this?
I just setup xenforo in the matter of 2 hours for a private membership community I run.

How's your progress coming along?

agxlover

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2015
Phoenix, Az
I just setup xenforo in the matter of 2 hours for a private membership community I run.

How's your progress coming along?

Going into a different Direction. Am going to be working with a web application developing team to develop my online company. Currently only in beginning phases of design and mock ups. Logo Design is coming along on 99designs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Before you even write one line of code maybe run your mock ups past potential customers through something like Envision. Will save maybe weeks or months of your life. You need to know your site will convert before coders get involved. There's also about 100 ways to start a forum. Once again it needs to add value to a market otherwise you'll be throwing time away like you can buy more.

agxlover

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2015
Phoenix, Az
Before you even write one line of code maybe run your mock ups past potential customers through something like Envision. Will save maybe weeks or months of your life. You need to know your site will convert before coders get involved. There's also about 100 ways to start a forum. Once again it needs to add value to a market otherwise you'll be throwing time away like you can buy more.

Hey Martin, thanks for your advice, will look into envision. Have 14 pages of wire frames made already, (working on the main concept system design manual). The main concern is releasing novel ideas to general public before its under development. After hiring a patent attorney, his advice was to only disclose mock ups and design plans with developers, after they sign the NDA.

Hopefully, it will take off and add value for all the users. The main theme is to "Increase, Growth" for each user.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.