- Joined
- Jul 28, 2013
- Messages
- 1,278
Rep Bank
$2,355
$2,355
User Power: 171%
We are all vulnerable, ego is a form of denial we use to protect ourselves from the loss of our desire to succeed. However, in the end, if you want to succeed, you have to be vulnerable and channel all of your focus towards what the world will rip away from you, and have the courage to still stand for your ideals when it does so, or you will remain in petty ego battles and never do anything with what you have.
I had a great mentor, he had tremendous skills, but not a great teacher, he couldn't spot or help me with what I was going through. As a result he didn't spot (or perhaps was too polite to mention) what I have eventually come to see on my own. He didn't tell me that with the inception of my inspiration, he also infected me with EGO. I was grateful to him, and I suppose he feared me taking back my appreciation, so never told me about the dark seed he awoke at the same time.
I post this to help everyone understand the process behind this stuff a little better, and perhaps even give a glimpse as to the solution, because, even though our ego is born with inspiration, I believe it is just a natural entropy that comes with the first stages of learning.
[video=youtube;8q0RMlAlwfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0RMlAlwfg[/video]
I believe an ego in me was born, by anticipation. I listened to what my mentor said and in realising my inadequacy and taking on his advice to follow what I felt was right I created a vision of what I would do with my businesses, and then started guarding it, anticipating the day everything else would come. I see now that the ego is a form of defence from denial, to protect from the obliterating truth that is about to come.
The truth isn't what you think; that you are inadequate and you will never make it, because if you keep trying and bettering how you do so the chances are pretty good that you will. The truth is that "you can't protect it" from the world and that your bubble is going to burst either sooner or later (it doesn't mean your business will burst but you will). And when that bubble bursts, what comes down with it is the full weight of "oh f*ck" that comes with being aware of exposure.
Ego in this sense is a form of shelter, and it unconsciously seeks shelter.
You might become a follower, you might go against the grain, but the one thing you won't do is just say "hell yeah, bring it on".
A courageous desire to face your business dream being destroyed is more comfortable than ego because you don't have anything to hide, or to deny, so you feel happy, normal and optimistic. I believe that this fearlessness, is the only real way to forgive the mentor that awoke you and your ego. Because in fearlessness, you will uphold the very same principles he does (so it is no big sweat).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WA2nLRyap...AAABg/BY4F00cuiI4/s1600/CycleOfAcceptance.gif
Summary - Ego is created the moment you like an idea, it defends that idea in a classic cycle of acceptance, people can see this time bomb (but may not understand it and may end up accidentally attacking the person or idea in a lazy or bs attempt to pop it), ego is trancended when you take on the full pressures of the world.
Stop following, and don't go with or against the grain, walk into the desert, and pop your own bubble, and feel the profound weight of what you must do to make your biz a success.
Don't get paralysed by your dream, take on a larger cause. Where your idea is one of millions, and you want to lift them all up, and with them, also yours.
I hope this helps, my explaination wasn't as clear as I saw it in my mind but it might do.
The point is that "they see the birth of your ego, when they first inspire you but are speechless to help you" and so you are cast onto a road you must walk alone until you gain the same fearless strength they once did. Ego drives you for a while because you can't handle getting hit.
That all changes however, when you finally take on the struggle of your idea. The struggle is not only to act within the silence, it is to dare to recognise that parts of your plan will be obliterated as you leave it exposed to the real world. Don't fight this obliteration by trying to control and manifest every part of your dream, take only its most crucial points forwards, and fight for the ideal.
You must work TOWARDS your dream. It will never be garunteed. It won't launch and magically exist.
Take on the whole task by realising that even though that is true, you will take it all the way.
Its that one idea, that will let you face your ideas own destruction and lose the ego.
"Danger is real, fear is a choice"
Tell the fear, to bring it on. You'll lose the ego, because you'll put all that focus onto what is really there and about to screw with your vision. You can't beat biz with ego, you've gotta be calm, focused, and ready for the real dangers, because we are all truly vulnerable.
And your vulnerability, is the reason your mentor awoke you.
Because they care about success for all.
Pay it back, by standing up to the task.
I had a great mentor, he had tremendous skills, but not a great teacher, he couldn't spot or help me with what I was going through. As a result he didn't spot (or perhaps was too polite to mention) what I have eventually come to see on my own. He didn't tell me that with the inception of my inspiration, he also infected me with EGO. I was grateful to him, and I suppose he feared me taking back my appreciation, so never told me about the dark seed he awoke at the same time.
I post this to help everyone understand the process behind this stuff a little better, and perhaps even give a glimpse as to the solution, because, even though our ego is born with inspiration, I believe it is just a natural entropy that comes with the first stages of learning.
[video=youtube;8q0RMlAlwfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0RMlAlwfg[/video]
I believe an ego in me was born, by anticipation. I listened to what my mentor said and in realising my inadequacy and taking on his advice to follow what I felt was right I created a vision of what I would do with my businesses, and then started guarding it, anticipating the day everything else would come. I see now that the ego is a form of defence from denial, to protect from the obliterating truth that is about to come.
The truth isn't what you think; that you are inadequate and you will never make it, because if you keep trying and bettering how you do so the chances are pretty good that you will. The truth is that "you can't protect it" from the world and that your bubble is going to burst either sooner or later (it doesn't mean your business will burst but you will). And when that bubble bursts, what comes down with it is the full weight of "oh f*ck" that comes with being aware of exposure.
Ego in this sense is a form of shelter, and it unconsciously seeks shelter.
You might become a follower, you might go against the grain, but the one thing you won't do is just say "hell yeah, bring it on".
A courageous desire to face your business dream being destroyed is more comfortable than ego because you don't have anything to hide, or to deny, so you feel happy, normal and optimistic. I believe that this fearlessness, is the only real way to forgive the mentor that awoke you and your ego. Because in fearlessness, you will uphold the very same principles he does (so it is no big sweat).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WA2nLRyap...AAABg/BY4F00cuiI4/s1600/CycleOfAcceptance.gif
Summary - Ego is created the moment you like an idea, it defends that idea in a classic cycle of acceptance, people can see this time bomb (but may not understand it and may end up accidentally attacking the person or idea in a lazy or bs attempt to pop it), ego is trancended when you take on the full pressures of the world.
Stop following, and don't go with or against the grain, walk into the desert, and pop your own bubble, and feel the profound weight of what you must do to make your biz a success.
Don't get paralysed by your dream, take on a larger cause. Where your idea is one of millions, and you want to lift them all up, and with them, also yours.
I hope this helps, my explaination wasn't as clear as I saw it in my mind but it might do.
The point is that "they see the birth of your ego, when they first inspire you but are speechless to help you" and so you are cast onto a road you must walk alone until you gain the same fearless strength they once did. Ego drives you for a while because you can't handle getting hit.
That all changes however, when you finally take on the struggle of your idea. The struggle is not only to act within the silence, it is to dare to recognise that parts of your plan will be obliterated as you leave it exposed to the real world. Don't fight this obliteration by trying to control and manifest every part of your dream, take only its most crucial points forwards, and fight for the ideal.
You must work TOWARDS your dream. It will never be garunteed. It won't launch and magically exist.
Take on the whole task by realising that even though that is true, you will take it all the way.
Its that one idea, that will let you face your ideas own destruction and lose the ego.
"Danger is real, fear is a choice"
Tell the fear, to bring it on. You'll lose the ego, because you'll put all that focus onto what is really there and about to screw with your vision. You can't beat biz with ego, you've gotta be calm, focused, and ready for the real dangers, because we are all truly vulnerable.
And your vulnerability, is the reason your mentor awoke you.
Because they care about success for all.
Pay it back, by standing up to the task.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
