The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DealHunters: Looking to Buy a Business? We'll Help Find your Next Dream Acquisition!

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

LOOKING TO ACQUIRE OUTSTANDING ONLINE BUSINESSES?
Welcome to DealHunters, a paid newsletter where we hunt down and send you high-quality, pre-vetted deal reports weekly.

*What is DealHunters?*
If you’re new to Buying Businesses, you’ll find that Deal Sourcing comes with many challenges:
— Scams & Low-Quality Deals are rampant on low-mid market sites like Flippa.
— Brokers are Commission-Only, and highly overvalue their listings because of this.
— Worst of all, finding High-Quality, Fair-Valued Deals take a MASSIVE amount of time.

We help assist your search by sending out high-quality deal reports on a weekly basis.

*How does it work?*
Simply sign up for the newsletter and begin browsing available deals — Each deal comes with a full initial due diligence report identifying Business Strengths, Risk Profile, and Potential Opportunities. This will give you the head-start you’ll need to judge the deal for yourself.

Members of the Fastlane Forum are given FREE Access to the most recent reports for 7 days; Just use the code FASTLANE below. After that it’s $49/month** to receive 1-2 new reports, delivered weekly.

Sound Good? Let's Get Started...
>>SIGN UP for a Free 7-Day Trial<<

**Earlybird pricing available for the first 20 subscribers.

*What do the Initial DD Reports Look Like?*
Each DD report is provided in a multi-section excel sheet with all the information you need to make an initial assessment. Included in each report include…

— Inherent Value Proposition
(What Makes this Business’ Products/Services Inherently Valuable to Customers? What Problems do they Solve?)

— Market Positioning
(How Strong is this Business’ Market Position, Compared to Other Offers?)

— Customer Acquisition
(Where Do Customers Come From?)

— Operations
(How does the Business Work?)

— SWOT Analysis
(What are the Biggest Takeaways?)

— Quantitative Tools
(12-Month Trailing P&L’s, Financing & Projections Calculator)

For more, here is a sample report. All SOLD Deals are made publicly available for FREE.

--------------------------------------------

Other FAQ's...

*How is this different from a Broker?*

We're only in buy-side analysis of deals, never brokering our own. We only search for publicly available deals on the market and determine its value to a potential buyer, according to our own set of heuristics. Since we don’t take a deal success / broker fee, we only look for and feature the best deals available on the open market. But you’ll need to get an intermediary (such as a broker and/or an M&A lawyer) to assist in acquiring the deal.

*What makes a “Good” Business to DealHunters?*
We only source Real Online Businesses.

“Real" meaning an Online Business with a degree of staying power; namely a Long History, Strong Branding, and Competitive Immunity.

Other factors like Customer Acquisition Strategies and Operations are obviously looked at as well, but a heavy emphasis is placed on the *intrinsic value* of the business’ products and services — including weighing the value relative to competing businesses — over all other factors.

We’re not interested in “Money-Making Schemes” like Adsense or Affiliate Sites as its longevity is questionable.

*What kind of Business Models do you look for?*
We typically look at E-Commerce, Saas, and Service Businesses.

Transaction size is typically $30k-$300k, as requested by our first handful of customers.
Less than this range and deals deteriorate, and more than this is where the majority of deals are kept confidential from the public.

Deals are publicly sourced at the moment, but will source private deals in the future.

*I’m looking at another Business to purchase. Can you take a look too?*
Of course! Would be more than happy to provide a one-off report for any deals in your dealflow. We've looked at a few confidential deals from some of the most well-known online business brokerages. If interested, shoot a DM.

*What if I’m looking for something more specific?*
Say you’re looking for a specific kind of Online Businesses to buy; You’ve got a budget and a biz model in mind. I’ll find businesses for sale in the open market, perform initial Due Diligence, and bring that pre-vetted deal to you (if it’s not a total lemon of a deal).

If you’re interested in more bespoke deal finder service, shoot a DM.

*Bonus: You're not planning on staying with Substack, are you...?*
Heck no. Only temporary as a bare-essentials start. As the number of deals and subscribers grow, I'm planning on creating a searchable database for these deals. Your early access to these deals will help support the growth and refinement of the product itself!

Any Other Questions? Ask Away!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Approved good luck.

Also of note... Mike Partee was UnrealCreative (in case anyone was wondering.)

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@Mike Partee - are you a successful online business operator yourself?
Hey @levijean; I started an online service-based business in early 2017 and exited back in November 2019, so ~3 years of successfully operating. You can read a bit more about the business here.

But to anyone curious, I understand the premise of the question:
"If you're so successful, why not look for deals yourself?"

Truth is, I am still hunting deals for myself. In the process however, I've learned that Research, Number Crunching, and Strategy/Synthesis for others is a much more fulfilling and compelling challenge...

Also as a former operator, I hope to lend a bit of a different perspective on each of these deals as opposed to a run-of-the-mill brokerage trying to sell you on something. I've made a lot of mistakes in the last business, and hope to help others NOT suffer the same fate.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any chance you can upload a sample report here? The screenshots are helpful, but it doesn't give the entire picture.

BTW, love this idea! There might be a lot of churn, but I wouldn't assign that to a product issue. It's like a dating website, when people find what they're looking for, you potentially lose a customer.

Self-cannabalizing business models are tough, but I think this one will find a heavy demand at all times.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Any chance you can upload a sample report here? The screenshots are helpful, but it doesn't give the entire picture.
Hey MJ, more than happy to!

Here is a link to a full sample report in Google Sheets. Qualitative Assessment is on Sheet #1,
while Financials + Calculators are on Sheet #2. This Deal was Sold a few days ago.

Note to everyone: We make SOLD deals available to the public for Free.
Unsold Deals & New Reports are kept private for subscribers only.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

This week's report has just been published! (For Paid Subscribers)

While I enjoy doing these, I hate running into businesses that look awesome on the surface but have major issues when you dig deeper. Probably going to dig through more than one report per week for this reason. This one in particular has been churning more revenue than it can replace for the past 3 years. Virtually ZERO marketing. But hey, one man's trash is another's treasure.

(For anyone reading this, remember...you can still view this deal with a 7-day trial).

Cheers!
–Mike

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Can anyone update on if the $49 is worth it?

"Worth it?"

You mean like $49 is too much to spend to get a second opinion on a business that you are likely considering to purchase for tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
I’ve always heard that if a business is listed publicly , it’s likely not a good deal because many serious investors have already passed it up. And they’re getting first look at it because they know the broker or have worked with them before. Do you think this is true?
Or do the good public listings just get snapped up really quick?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I’ve always heard that if a business is listed publicly , it’s likely not a good deal because many serious investors have already passed it up. And they’re getting first look at it because they know the broker or have worked with them before. Do you think this is true?
Or do the good public listings just get snapped up really quick?
It depends.

I've noticed that while some of the public deals we source are good, they're usually too small for institutional investors to care. Broker private-dealing can certainly happen, but I believe it only happens with businesses at the $1-5mm range. Typically, our deals are all less than $200k.

That said, there are definitely disadvantages to sourcing public-only deals for the time being, as we have less options to sift through and there's more competition.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Hey Folks! Hope all is well.

This might come as a shock, but I'm excited to announce I’ll be joining the team at Investor’s Club (Investors Club | Private & Exclusive Marketplace For Online Businesses) after several months of back-and-forth (from originally making them aware of what I was doing with report-building). IC is a startup executing on a very similar model compared to DealHunter’s, offering buy-side reports for a fixed monthly rate. They’re already a million steps ahead, even brokering their own proprietary deals.

So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

More than anything, I’m excited to help build out a new kind of buyer-friendly brokerage, and encourage everyone to check them out. All the popular brokerages you’re familiar with are in the business of representing the seller’s interest, inflating multiples for commission, with little regard for the buyer. What Investor’s Club is doing is hopefully the beginning of a fairness shift in the industry that’s desperately needed.

That said, I’ll be sunsetting DealHunters in its current form, as it would compete directly with Investor’s Club. There are a few housekeeping things left:

Free Subscribers: Nothing Changes, except I’ll keep an eye on the subscriber-only deals and make them public after they’ve sold.
Free Trial Holders: I’ve cancelled your subscriptions before cards are charged.
Paying Customers: Thank you for your patronage. If you’ve found the reports to be a waste of money, you’re eligible for a prorated refund. Just contact me (mike@dealhunters.io)
One-Off Reports: If you're looking to buy a business and need a second pair of eyes to look, I'm still doing one-off reports until time doesn't permit.

Once again, thanks for supporting!
Please reach out if you have any other questions.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I really like this option at this stage of the game for you.

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
I'm looking to buy and online business but only after doing extensive reading and understanding the processes and market. Will be following you Investor Club to keep in touch and reach out when I feel as though I am ready.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Hey Folks! Hope all is well.

This might come as a shock, but I'm excited to announce I’ll be joining the team at Investor’s Club (Investors Club | Private & Exclusive Marketplace For Online Businesses) after several months of back-and-forth (from originally making them aware of what I was doing with report-building). IC is a startup executing on a very similar model compared to DealHunter’s, offering buy-side reports for a fixed monthly rate. They’re already a million steps ahead, even brokering their own proprietary deals.

So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

More than anything, I’m excited to help build out a new kind of buyer-friendly brokerage, and encourage everyone to check them out. All the popular brokerages you’re familiar with are in the business of representing the seller’s interest, inflating multiples for commission, with little regard for the buyer. What Investor’s Club is doing is hopefully the beginning of a fairness shift in the industry that’s desperately needed.

That said, I’ll be sunsetting DealHunters in its current form, as it would compete directly with Investor’s Club. There are a few housekeeping things left:

Free Subscribers: Nothing Changes, except I’ll keep an eye on the subscriber-only deals and make them public after they’ve sold.
Free Trial Holders: I’ve cancelled your subscriptions before cards are charged.
Paying Customers: Thank you for your patronage. If you’ve found the reports to be a waste of money, you’re eligible for a prorated refund. Just contact me (mike@dealhunters.io)
One-Off Reports: If you're looking to buy a business and need a second pair of eyes to look, I'm still doing one-off reports until time doesn't permit.

Once again, thanks for supporting!
Please reach out if you have any other questions.

Hey Mike, whats the update on this? How are things going with Investors Club?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.