The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
Hey everyone i am Kacper,
I'm new here and lately I've been trying to create a new dating app. Currently preparing an outline. There are a lot of apps like this on the market. What do you think a new app should have to create interest and freshness in the market. Do you consider this idea a Fastlane opportunity?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Coolledge

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 21, 2023
Gran Canaria
Hey everyone i am Kacper,
I'm new here and lately I've been trying to create a new dating app. Currently preparing an outline. There are a lot of apps like this on the market. What do you think a new app should have to create interest and freshness in the market. Do you consider this idea a Fastlane opportunity?
Hey Kacper,
I'm no expert, and im still learning myself, however its a bit vague what you're asking. What does your idea consist of that the other apps don't already have? Why do you believe in the idea, you must have some reason why you decided this route? What I've been reading and learning on this forum and the books recommended is that it isn't about what you like and what you think is good, but what its value is to the user that going to use it, why would a user pick your app over another app that is already there and well established. Early on you're going to have little people on the app, location could be a problem, if you have 10 people on the app, the chances are you're not going to have anyone for those users to interact with who are nearby. How are you going to keep the users interested and ensure that they stay around and wait for new people to come. I don't think you're going to get given the ideas for the features alone from here, you need to find out from people using such websites and find out their gripes. Thats if you really think this is the right idea to go down. The market is saturated with these sort of apps - whats your value over theirs? I think you need to delve into a bit of market research, find out what people want, what they dont like with the other apps, and see if its something you feel you can do better than the other apps.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
What made you decide on making a dating app? If you spotted a need or some improvements that could be made to what's already on the market, then it could certainly be a Fastlane opportunity. Otherwise, it'll likely be a lesson for you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Issues with dating are not because of software, it’s because of humans, social dynamics, the sexual marketplace, hypergamy, etc. Everyone wants to make a dating app because “dating sucks”. Software will not fix it.

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
Hey Kacper,
I'm no expert, and im still learning myself, however its a bit vague what you're asking. What does your idea consist of that the other apps don't already have? Why do you believe in the idea, you must have some reason why you decided this route? What I've been reading and learning on this forum and the books recommended is that it isn't about what you like and what you think is good, but what its value is to the user that going to use it, why would a user pick your app over another app that is already there and well established. Early on you're going to have little people on the app, location could be a problem, if you have 10 people on the app, the chances are you're not going to have anyone for those users to interact with who are nearby. How are you going to keep the users interested and ensure that they stay around and wait for new people to come. I don't think you're going to get given the ideas for the features alone from here, you need to find out from people using such websites and find out their gripes. Thats if you really think this is the right idea to go down. The market is saturated with these sort of apps - whats your value over theirs? I think you need to delve into a bit of market research, find out what people want, what they dont like with the other apps, and see if its something you feel you can do better than the other apps.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I think other apps don't give creativity to the people who use them. Nowadays, many people need something unique, an idea that will make them more satisfied with the use of dating apps, and the meetings themselves. I want to save them time by showing available opportunities to spend time, and thanks to the use of special filters, they will be able to spend this time with people with a similar attitude to life. I would like to use algorithms that will not only match the right person, but also show a proposal for meetings, places, and specific activities. My main reason is to save TIME, and to go against the constant routine, because now it looks more like, FAST-meeting.
You are 100% right, I need someone to push my idea with me. This forum is one of the ideas to show my idea and a way to see its pros and cons and attract new ideas or insights. Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from people who use these sites and I'm looking for them myself.

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
Issues with dating are not because of software, it’s because of humans, social dynamics, the sexual marketplace, hypergamy, etc. Everyone wants to make a dating app because “dating sucks”. Software will not fix it.
Hey, thank you for your response, I have already conducted a survey about it in my city (Cracow). You are right. We need something special which makes our day by day more interesting

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
What made you decide on making a dating app? If you spotted a need or some improvements that could be made to what's already on the market, then it could certainly be a Fastlane opportunity. Otherwise, it'll likely be a lesson for you.
Hey, thank you for your response. TIME. Available dating apps do not give us a time. How can we change it, and take advantage of it? We should create a place, app when people could spend their time to explore other people's interests and by using common ideas spend their time in 100% efficiency. Do you have any ideas. What people really need in the stage of meetings, love etc.

maesterov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 10, 2023
Your customers are single people that want to be in a relationship.

Single Person + dating app + Single person ----> Couple (+ 0 dating apps)

So, if your dating app succeeds, it will cease to be of use to people.

In a way, the more successful a dating app is the less effective it actually is. If a person has been on, let's say, tinder for 2 years, what does that say about the app?

My point is, if your goal is to make an effective and successful dating app then you've gotta figure out how to keep people using it, even after their become a couple. Wouldn't that be great?

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
Your customers are single people that want to be in a relationship.

Single Person + dating app + Single person ----> Couple (+ 0 dating apps)

So, if your dating app succeeds, it will cease to be of use to people.

In a way, the more successful a dating app is the less effective it actually is. If a person has been on, let's say, tinder for 2 years, what does that say about the app?

My point is, if your goal is to make an effective and successful dating app then you've gotta figure out how to keep people using it, even after their become a couple. Wouldn't that be great?
I did a poll on this and you are right. 85% have deactivated their account or do not use it at all. Do you think I can make this application more focused on effective, creative and routine meetings, where each such meeting will have something hidden? (encounter options, different types of challenges, etc.). I was also thinking about introducing group meetings (not limited to dates with 2 people, but rather meetings with new friends).

maesterov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 10, 2023
I did a poll on this and you are right. 85% have deactivated their account or do not use it at all. Do you think I can make this application more focused on effective, creative and routine meetings, where each such meeting will have something hidden? (encounter options, different types of challenges, etc.). I was also thinking about introducing group meetings (not limited to dates with 2 people, but rather meetings with new friends).
These sound like good ideas, but it doesn't matter what we think, it needs to be proved by the market. Other guys can weigh in on this, who have more experience on concept proof, so I can't help you here yet.

But I'm gonna say this, I thought a bit more about it, about why people use tinder, based on my experience and what women used to describe their experience, when I would go out on dates.

(I'm giving you this, just to help you think more about the industry and your idea. Don't take this as facts or advice. Use this for brainstorming.)

So, based on my experience.

The majority actually don't use it as a serious tool to get a partner.

The majority, either use it to look at the opposite gender, to look at the available options in the area for fun and curiosity's sake(or even same gender to see how they compare to them).

Or as a validation tool, see what response do they get. Many "pre-use" tinder "testing the waters", creating profiles to see who and how will they attract once they will seriously start looking for relationships.

Or as a promotion tool. You've seen them, it's annoying, ruined the fun, but it is what it is. Hey, maybe you can solve this problem.

And also, be careful with polls, don't make assumptions based on small polls of people, or on sensitive matters such as this. Every person thinks they are decent(or wants to look decent), so obviously they will respond with logic, with an answer that society expects them to respond with, even if it's anonymous.

maesterov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 10, 2023
If we talk effective and (maybe)successful, a good idea could be creating a special app just for couples. Where you chat, store memories, and so on. Like a cloud-storage, but with a message that it's just for you and your partner.

Also, what could be interesting is if you make a dating app morph into this. Like an end goal.

Your end couples' app can be so good, so useful, everyone absolutely raves about it, that people see the dating app as a bonus.

Again, just helping you see this dating app space from other angles. A lot of potential if you have a new interpretation with the right message.

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
These sound like good ideas, but it doesn't matter what we think, it needs to be proved by the market. Other guys can weigh in on this, who have more experience on concept proof, so I can't help you here yet.

But I'm gonna say this, I thought a bit more about it, about why people use tinder, based on my experience and what women used to describe their experience, when I would go out on dates.

(I'm giving you this, just to help you think more about the industry and your idea. Don't take this as facts or advice. Use this for brainstorming.)

So, based on my experience.

The majority actually don't use it as a serious tool to get a partner.

The majority, either use it to look at the opposite gender, to look at the available options in the area for fun and curiosity's sake(or even same gender to see how they compare to them).

Or as a validation tool, see what response do they get. Many "pre-use" tinder "testing the waters", creating profiles to see who and how will they attract once they will seriously start looking for relationships.

Or as a promotion tool. You've seen them, it's annoying, ruined the fun, but it is what it is. Hey, maybe you can solve this problem.

And also, be careful with polls, don't make assumptions based on small polls of people, or on sensitive matters such as this. Every person thinks they are decent(or wants to look decent), so obviously they will respond with logic, with an answer that society expects them to respond with, even if it's anonymous.
Yes, fair point. Thank you so much for your energy!

Zagorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 27, 2023
If we talk effective and (maybe)successful, a good idea could be creating a special app just for couples. Where you chat, store memories, and so on. Like a cloud-storage, but with a message that it's just for you and your partner.

Also, what could be interesting is if you make a dating app morph into this. Like an end goal.

Your end couples' app can be so good, so useful, everyone absolutely raves about it, that people see the dating app as a bonus.

Again, just helping you see this dating app space from other angles. A lot of potential if you have a new interpretation with the right message.

Wow, this idea sounds crazy! You could add special tabs, ideas, etc. Where all kinds of couples could participate in competitions, talk about their experiences. Something more like encouraging people to spend their time more creatively. Thanks for this

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.