The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Daily/Monthly Site Visits?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey all, one of my newly hatched fastlane businesses involves making money off of ad space, emails and a few other things, on a high traffic site. Before I go diving in or even make a legitimate start up plan, I would like some real feedback from real people (you guys) on a questions I had instead of solely on Google search results. The question is: Off of of mainly adspace and PPC (both well optimized of course), how much on average would a site make if it gets, 100k a month, or maybe 100k a day in site visits? (Would page views be better to base it off of?) Anyways, the exact numbers don't matter, but if you could share your OWN experiences with making money off of ads on a site, how many page views vs how much money etc, that would be a huge help!

If you want an example of a doable number for the site I have in mind, probably around 100-150k visits a day or hopefully around 200-400k page views?

-Thanks, Mike39 :smx2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Im working with 15mill impressions annually with adspace as the sole income for the business.

I wish the business model was different, im over online advertising...

I'd do a directory or subscription service if I were you.

200k - 400k page views a DAY? You will be looking at a few hundred thousand annually in income minimum if you sell on a CPM basis. I would love to know how you plan to get it to that level.

What niche would you want to be in?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Im working with 15mill impressions annually with adspace as the sole income for the business.

I wish the business model was different, im over online advertising...

I'd do a directory or subscription service if I were you.

200k - 400k page views a DAY? You will be looking at a few hundred thousand annually in income minimum if you sell on a CPM basis. I would love to know how you plan to get it to that level.

What niche would you want to be in?

1) The niche is a relatively unexplored market, social media exploitation, I will let you brain wonder from there :smug2:

2) My numbers may be way off, some were based off of this site called worth of web and its statistics on the forum (link below), however, these might be WAY off (MJ feel free to chime in if you want :smxB:) I know also that forums get higher page views (per visit) than your run of the mill website. I was originally thinking 100k (visits) a month but after doing some more thinking, I could probably get 100k a day (visits again) and if I get things working right, possibly by optimizing the site to average 5-8 pages a (not bounce) visitor, I would get that number!

Link to worth of web page on fastlane forum: thefastlaneforum.com is worth $ 949,419 - Worth Of Web

3) How I even get to 100k (visits) an day?? If my plan works and I can establish myself to where I want to be in the marketplace, I probably wouldn't have a problem filling you in on how I did it and how you could go about it (no promises though ;)), it might not work, but it is a pretty straightforward (yet innovative) idea.

So..... if I somehow could get lets say 200k page views a day, off of your experience, how much (best guess)revenue do you think that would generate in a month?

Thanks for the quick reply to my thread btw!

-Mike39

Last edited by a moderator:

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
So..... if I somehow could get lets say 200k page views a day, off of your experience, how much (best guess)revenue do you think that would generate in a month?

Depends on the niche your in - but for a general figure I put one in my answer above for annual income.

Start a website and get 1000 views a day first, its not easy.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Depends on the niche your in - but for a general figure I put one in my answer above for annual income.

Start a website and get 1000 views a day first, its not easy.

I'm sure I will find out soon, my 1st legitimate site will be going live in the next 2-3 weeks, its revenue stream is not ad based though, it is a directory/listing site for my local area. We'll see how it goes its really just for the experience more than anything, not supposed to be fastlane. I will be raising some capital over the summer, should be anywhere from $5-10k and even 1-2k of that should be more than enough to explore my idea and that way, if it doesn't work, I wont lose any sleep over it :) thanks for the help!

-Mike

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
If theres enough interest I will do a "Ask me about online advertising" topic similar to Biophases ecommerce thread...

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If theres enough interest I will do a "Ask me about online advertising" topic similar to Biophases ecommerce thread...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but that would be a great resource and a big help for me!

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
From my experience with Google AdSense, each click gets you about $1- $2 on average. They (bloggers, etc.) say about 5% of visitors will click on an ad. I saw a much lower rate for my own blog, though that was hosted on Tumblr, so it was a unique situation.

So if you get a 1% click through rate from 100,000 visitors/day that's about $1,000/day. Getting 100,000k visits for any site on any day is pretty impressive. Of course, the issue is you don't really have control over how many people click on your ads (you can test for optimal placement) or how much Google pays you.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
From my experience with Google AdSense, each click gets you about $1- $2 on average. They (bloggers, etc.) say about 5% of visitors will click on an ad. I saw a much lower rate for my own blog, though that was hosted on Tumblr, so it was a unique situation.

So if you get a 1% click through rate from 100,000 visitors/day that's about $1,000/day. Getting 100,000k visits for any site on any day is pretty impressive. Of course, the issue is you don't really have control over how many people click on your ads (you can test for optimal placement) or how much Google pays you.

Ya, i think if i really work on it, I could get 100k, maybe 40-50k a day and 100k spikes would be more likely based on my model, but that's still not bad, at ALL! I'm not sure on the Google Ad-sense though, I've heard they can and will shut down your account almost any reason and I would NOT want to put that type of control over my company in someone else's hands. To be fastlane, I need to not have my business' life dependent on a button in some Google employees hand. Has anyone on here had trouble with ad-sense in the past?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
If you are anywhere near those numbers you will want to be using CPM based programs like Tribal Fusion, ContextWeb. In the health realm I make money with 800k visitors a month. I am not grasping what your content will be, but to make much from adsense you have to be very niched to get the higher priced ads, and you only make money when someone leaves your site (not an outstanding business model in my mind). If you can average $1-$2 cpm on each ad slot, and have 2-4 ad slots on each page, that would do well for you. CPM advertising is cyclical and first quarter of the year SUCKS compared to the second half of the year. If you can niche out your site, you can sell direct to advertisers with the volume you are talking about and make $6-$10 cpm (I have even seen orders north of $25.00 cpm for the right traffic). Good luck with your project.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If you are anywhere near those numbers you will want to be using CPM based programs like Tribal Fusion, ContextWeb. In the health realm I make money with 800k visitors a month. I am not grasping what your content will be, but to make much from adsense you have to be very niched to get the higher priced ads, and you only make money when someone leaves your site (not an outstanding business model in my mind). If you can average $1-$2 cpm on each ad slot, and have 2-4 ad slots on each page, that would do well for you. CPM advertising is cyclical and first quarter of the year SUCKS compared to the second half of the year. If you can niche out your site, you can sell direct to advertisers with the volume you are talking about and make $6-$10 cpm (I have even seen orders north of $25.00 cpm for the right traffic). Good luck with your project.

Thank you for the info, I will look into Tribal Fusion and ContextWeb, as far as the traffic, I think what i'll do is just set it up the best I can and hope for the best numbers possible, 100k would be amazing but hell even 10k would be great for me ha!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.