The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crawling thru a sewer pipe filled with sh*t: Why it matters.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're in prison and your MEANING/PURPOSE is to escape to FREEDOM.

dufraine.jpg

You're speaking to a fellow inmate, Joe, and he says...

Joe: Hey man, we've discovered a way to escape this shit-hole and FREE yourself.

You: Yea? How?

Joe: In shitter number three, in the west bathroom, the bricks behind the toilet are all lose and you can crawl out behind it. Behind the wall there is a sewer pipe and freedom will be as simple as crawling through a sewer pipe filled with shit. You want in? We're going tomorrow.

You: Crawling through a sewer pipe filled with shit? That sounds disgusting, not to mention I have bad knees and shouldn't be crawling.

Joe: What? Have you heard anything I said? WE CAN ESCAPE THIS PLACE.

You: Yes I heard you, but crawling through a sewer pipe into freedom isn't how I expected to free myself. I don't like how that sounds and it kinda nauseates me. I'd rather wait until a more pleasing opportunity comes by. It be really nice to escape hiding in a bin of freshly laundered sheets.

Joe: But all the laundry is done onsite here at the prison, you'll never escape because that opportunity will NEVER come.

You: Oh well, I guess I'll remain a prisoner for the rest of my life. Besides, we get free food here.

Story by MJ DeMarco (Please attribute if sharing!)

Moral of the story?

Your refusal to embrace discomfort and unpleasant actions (crawling through a sewer pipe filled with shit) is what keeps you in prison. No, your dream opportunity of escaping in a stack of freshly laundered sheets isn't going to happen. Do the damn dirty work or remain a slave.

This story came about as I was reading in another thread where someone had mentioned that their meaning/purpose was quite simple: FREEDOM: To be free from SCRIPTED bull-shit and to do whatever they wanted.

In my opinion, that type of MEANING/PURPOSE is the BEST because not all meaning/purposes are the same. Some, in fact, are detrimental to your success.

Why?

Because some meaning-and-purposes are all inclusive of action, behavior, and opportunity. The more generalized your purpose, the better it will be in helping you conquer the world. Like our prison example, "freedom" is very generalized and suddenly ALL ACTIONS are considered, even crawling through a sewer. Yet, the more specific your purpose, the worse it probably is.

(Note: We're assuming ALL actions here are ethical and legal.)

So when you confine your meaning and purpose to specific *things* -- say, I want to be the best race car driver on the planet! -- you RISK confining your action to a limited set of actions and opportunities. When the sewer opportunity floats by, you dismiss it. Meh, not sure how that will help me become a great race driver.

In other words, you will refuse to pursue other opportunities because it falls outside of your limited scope of purpose and vision.

So I'll leave you with this...

What is your MEANING and PURPOSE in life?

Is it general, such as "FREEDOM?" Or is it SPECIFIC and perhaps, hindering?

And if it is a hindrance, what can you do to REFRAME it so you'll take advantage of freedom-making opportunities, discomforting actions that might resemble crawling though a sewer pipe filled with shit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Ha awesome I love Shawshank
Damn, so true
My journey was ugly
So ugly that a few close friends of mine were like "dayum, that is terrible"

But hey my view of it is like this
If you have to go to that place to get where you wanna go
Who has the right to stop you
And why should you stop yourself?
You shouldn't, cuz if you are willing to battle it out, good on you
Be proud of who you are you know?

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
this is f%cking awesome!

there is no easy way here. I started my journey few months ago and this seems to be 10x harder than I previously thought. But from my new point of view - when I'm watching scripted people now - they are screewed and they living in their dreamworld - "one day I will become", and attending conferences like "the future of something" and thinking that attendence at these conferences and this ONE great idea will make them rich and famous. NO FREAKING WAY! Starting just a stupid website is a lot of work, and they want to run next Facebook or Linkedin. Okay - and of course they will not write the code themselves. They are saying "Why are you coding? You loose a lot of time, just hire someone to code it". Then I answer them - by coding yourself you are reducing risk a lot. "Meh" is their response ;)

Last edited:

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013

View attachment 18820

Joe: Hey man, we've discovered a way to escape this sh*t-hole and FREE yourself.

Joe: In shitter number three, in the west bathroom, the bricks behind the toilet are all lose and you can crawl out behind it. Behind the wall there is a sewer pipe and freedom will be as simple as crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t. You want in? We're going tomorrow.

You: Crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t? That sounds disgusting, not to mention I have bad knees and shouldn't be crawling.

You: Yes I heard you, but crawling through a sewer pipe into freedom isn't how I expected to free myself. I don't like how that sounds and it kinda nauseates me. I'd rather wait until a more pleasing opportunity comes by. It be really nice to escape hiding in a bin of freshly laundered sheets.

Joe: But all the laundry is done onsite here at the prison, you'll never escape because that opportunity will NEVER come.

You: Oh well, I guess I'll remain a prisoner for the rest of my life.

Moral of the story?

Your refusal to embrace discomfort and unpleasant actions (crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t) is what keeps you in prison. No, your dream opportunity of escaping in a stack of freshly laundered sheets isn't going to happen. Do the damn dirty work or remain a slave.

This story came about as I was reading in another thread where someone had mentioned that their meaning/purpose was quite simple: FREEDOM: To be free from SCRIPTED bull-sh*t and to do whatever they wanted.

In my opinion, that type of MEANING/PURPOSE is the BEST because not all meaning/purposes are the same. Some, in fact, are detrimental to your success.

Why?

Because some meaning-and-purposes are all inclusive of action, behavior, and opportunity. The more generalized your purpose, the better it will be in helping you conquer the world. Like our prison example, "freedom" is very generalized and suddenly ALL ACTIONS are considered, even crawling through a sewer. Yet, the more specific your purpose, the worse it probably is.

So when you confine your meaning and purpose to specific *things* -- say, I want to be the best race car driver on the planet! -- you RISK confining your action to a limited set of actions and opportunities. When the sewer opportunity floats by, you dismiss it. Meh, not sure how that will help me become a great race driver.

In other words, you will refuse to pursue other opportunities because it falls outside of your limited scope of purpose and vision.

And if it is a hindrance, what can you do to REFRAME it so you'll take advantage of freedom-making opportunities, discomforting actions that might resemble crawling though a sewer pipe filled with sh*t?

This shit sucks.

Seriously.

I keep setting money on fire trying to find the right audience to market to, the right messaging to use, the right offers to make, ways to make my product more valuable...

I get up 1,2, even 4 hours early some days so I can study and code and set up ads.

I’ve learned how to code, how to market on various platforms, how to copyright etc. I’m not claiming to be good at any of these things yet.... just that I spend a lot of time trying to learn them and get better.

Then I get dressed and go to my shitty job. Sure it pays well. But it’s drab, and dull, and a waste of my energy. I grit my teeth through meetings and conference calls and web trainings which could all be short emails. I work on my business 50% of the time I’m at work.

I won employee of the year. It feels like I won slave of the year. I keep that shitty plastic award that probably cost $2 to make on my desk at home to remind me how badly I need to escape. It brings me zero pride. It took very little effort.

When I’m done with my work day I come home and eat. I play with my son for a bit before he goes to bed.

Then I work out and /or I work on my business some more.

I’ve been doing this for 4+ years now. Some days (today) I feel like I’m going to have a mental breakdown.

Again... this shit sucks.

But I know it’s better than another 40 years of mindless meetings that could be emails.

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
This sh*t sucks.

Seriously.

I keep setting money on fire trying to find the right audience to market to, the right messaging to use, the right offers to make, ways to make my product more valuable...

I get up 1,2, even 4 hours early some days so I can study and code and set up ads.

I’ve learned how to code, how to market on various platforms, how to copyright etc. I’m not claiming to be good at any of these things yet.... just that I spend a lot of time trying to learn them and get better.

Then I get dressed and go to my shitty job. Sure it pays well. But it’s drab, and dull, and a waste of my energy. I grit my teeth through meetings and conference calls and web trainings which could all be short emails. I work on my business 50% of the time I’m at work.

I won employee of the year. It feels like I won slave of the year. I keep that shitty plastic award that probably cost $2 to make on my desk at home to remind me how badly I need to escape. It brings me zero pride. It took very little effort.

When I’m done with my work day I come home and eat. I play with my son for a bit before he goes to bed.

I’ve been doing this for 4+ years now. Some days (today) I feel like I’m going to have a mental breakdown.

Again... this sh*t sucks.

But I know it’s better than another 40 years of mindless meetings that could be emails.

maybe you have choosen too big mountain to climb - If you want to make sth alone - you need to do this quickly - otherwise you will die at the desert of desertion

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Forget about The Green Mile, try walking the brown mile!

($100 rep goes to the person who gets the reference.)
The Arkham Redemption, Robot Chicken.

The joker said this after taking a poop in the toilet. Batman was stuck in the pipes.

Where's my reps? :cool:

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
maybe you have choosen too big mountain to climb - If you want to make sth alone - you need to do this quickly - otherwise you will die at the desert of desertion

Maybe. But maybe you only know a fraction of the story?

And I’m not dying anytime soon. If this mountain proves to be too much, then I’ll find another. And I’ll be better prepared.

Who are you again? Are you a skilled mountain climber? Are you familiar with my mountain?

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland

And I’m not dying anytime soon. If this mountain proves to be too much, then I’ll find another. And I’ll be better prepared.

Who are you again? Are you a skilled mountain climber? Are you familiar with my mountain?
I don't know your story and I'm not a skilled mountain climber, I'm rather a guy who discovered MF 10 years too late on my 30s. All I can say is that this is superhard and MJ seems not to mention this in his book enough. But math is simple - rather you join to sth successful or make sth successful yourself. If you want to make sth successful, you need to be better than other successful people. And this is superhard. No easy ticket here (if you are not a child of Donald Trump)

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013

I don't know your story and I'm not a skilled mountain climber, I'm rather a guy who discovered MF 10 years too late on my 30s. All I can say is that this is superhard and MJ seems not to mention this in his book enough. But math is simple - rather you join to sth successful or make sth successful yourself. If you want to make sth successful, you need to be better than other successful people. And this is superhard. No easy ticket here (if you are not a child of Donald Trump)

...and that's why I'm still on the mountain.

We don't climb mountains because they are easy or small.

We climb them because they are big and difficult. We know the rewards of getting to the mountain top are better than just looking at the mountain from a distance.

And yes. It sucks.

It's windy and cold and this pack is heavy.

But it's still more fun than looking at the mountain from a distance.

I'm in my 40s btw. Not sure why you think 30+ is too late?

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
...and that's why I'm still on the mountain.

We don't climb mountains because they are easy or small.

We climb them because they are big and difficult. We know the rewards of getting to the mountain top are better than just looking at the mountain from a distance.

And yes. It sucks.

It's windy and cold and this pack is heavy.

But it's still more fun than looking at the mountain from a distance.

I'm in my 40s btw. Not sure why you think 30+ is too late?
why 30s is too late? It's not too late, It's just harder. In this mathematical equasion to get $=energy*time. The older you are the less energy you have, I think this is about 2% per year. The older you are the less time you have - your obligations increases (children, family, work) - all this things are against your success (not always! sometimes having a child and family is great motivator). But working is huuge disadvantage. Your biggest energy levels are at hours 7-14. Take some time and read "One thing" - Garry Keller. So if you work - your projects takes 50% more time to be finished.
edit: it's not impossible, you can still make huge things at that age - see Arnold Schwarzenegger biography - but you need to be the Terminator ;)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
I guarantee in 10 or 20 years when things are better, you will look back on this time with fondness.

I know.

And I doubt it will take 10 years.

Furthermore, it doesn’t really suck that bad. You just caught me on a bad day.

One gets used to the shit smell, here in the sewer (or the cold on the mountain, or whatever other metaphore you want to use).

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I guarantee in 10 or 20 years when things are better, you will look back on this time with fondness.
It's a very lonely road. Try to be lonely for 10-20 years, you will be lonely for the rest of your life. I can see it now how no one believe in unchecked ideas/execution...
"What are you doing?" - "my own company" - "meh..."
"what are you doing?" - "I'm working in the bank" - "wow, which one?"
gl finding wise girl here!

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
R-E-L-A-X, people!

@CDM, if you feel you are near a breakdown. Reduce your workload for a bit, recharge and get back to it - without forgetting what you are after. Grinding is great. Doing it to the point of having a mental breakdown might not be wise.

I do think the disadvantage of "working" is overrated. Say you spend - per week - 50 hours at work (40hours + 10 hours of commute), 7 hours for hygiene and stuff, 56 hours sleeping; you still have 55 hours unallocated. Constraints can be a good thing. They force you to be effective.

And I do agree with you @gileneusz, there is two paths:
- doing the heavy lifting as a one-man team
or
- assembling the resources (people or asset) to see a vision through.

I will much more do the latter, but to each its own.

This story came about as I was reading in another thread where someone had mentioned that their meaning/purpose was quite simple: FREEDOM: To be free from SCRIPTED bull-sh*t and to do whatever they wanted.

This. For a long time I felt guilty of not having a "bigger" purpose, you know: solving cancer, reducing poverty, etc... My purpose was right in front of my eyes, yet I wasn't seeing it. Funny enough, it hit me while I was on my computer reading about A.I and Machine learning.:

Him: Daddy never wants to do anything with me
His Mom: And how do you feel about it?
Him: Sad

Him being my son. Since then it has been crystal clear: I want FREEDOM, but not only for me; but for my son too.

Thanks for this post @MJ DeMarco. Really, thank you.

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
@CDM, if you feel you are near a breakdown. Reduce your workload for a bit, recharge and get back to it - without forgetting what you are after. Grinding is great. Doing it to the point of having a mental breakdown might not be wise.

I had a shitty morning and probably shouldn’t have used the phrase “mental breakdown.”

That being said, I do plan to chill for a day or two.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

View attachment 18820

Joe: Hey man, we've discovered a way to escape this sh*t-hole and FREE yourself.

Joe: In shitter number three, in the west bathroom, the bricks behind the toilet are all lose and you can crawl out behind it. Behind the wall there is a sewer pipe and freedom will be as simple as crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t. You want in? We're going tomorrow.

You: Crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t? That sounds disgusting, not to mention I have bad knees and shouldn't be crawling.

You: Oh well, I guess I'll remain a prisoner for the rest of my life.

Moral of the story?

Your refusal to embrace discomfort and unpleasant actions (crawling through a sewer pipe filled with sh*t) is what keeps you in prison. No, your dream opportunity of escaping in a stack of freshly laundered sheets isn't going to happen. Do the damn dirty work or remain a slave.

Why?

And if it is a hindrance, what can you do to REFRAME it so you'll take advantage of freedom-making opportunities, discomforting actions that might resemble crawling though a sewer pipe filled with sh*t?

I just sent this to like 6 people. This is GOLD.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I started my journey few months ago and this seems to be 10x harder than I previously thought.

It will get 1000 times harder than you previously thought if you have only been at it for a few months.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This sh*t sucks.

Seriously.

Rep+++++++++

I’m convinced every successful entrepreneur has been there and experienced something similar.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

There is no such thing as too big of a mountain. This is called being a pussy. And why do you keep typing “sth”, what does that mean “sth”?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
This sh*t sucks.

Seriously.

Push through it. It gets harder, but also a lot better.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There is no such thing as too big of a mountain. This is called being a pussy. And why do you keep typing “sth”, what does that mean “sth”?
I think it is 'something'

'If you want to make something alone, you need to do this quickly'

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
This sh*t sucks.

Seriously.

I feel your pain. The shitty job, reduced sleep, and missing out on little moments with my children because I'm staring at a screen all day and night. Also on the verge of a mental breakdown or breakthrough hopefully… When I feel this way the best thing I can do is exercise, get a bag and beat the shit out of it.

In sprit, I am right beside you man, walking with you through this miserable hell we are trapped in. Don't give up. Do it for our future selves, 5-10 years down the road, and the kids. Godspeed

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
But MJ, I don't want to do the hard work :( I just want the freedom...

Nothing pisses me off more than a person who literally complains 24/7 about how life is unfair, how capitalism is cancer, how the 1% are evil, how the only way to get rich is to do something illegal or have connections, yet, have the audacity to spend their bi-weekly paycheck on fine dining, clubbing, and designer bags in one weekend.

Great post MJ!

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
But MJ, I don't want to do the hard work :( I just want the freedom...

Nothing pisses me off more than a person who literally complains 24/7 about how life is unfair, how capitalism is cancer, how the 1% are evil, how the only way to get rich is to do something illegal or have connections, yet, have the audacity to spend their bi-weekly paycheck on fine dining, clubbing, and designer bags in one weekend.

Great post MJ!

The problem is, they are not entirely wrong though... at least in sentiment (wanting things to just not be a grind)
However, the foundation upon which you make your point does matter, such as knowing there are hurdles to cross before you can make that idea sustainable
And if your point comes from wanting life to be a money party where you can buy anything on any feeling, it is deeply unrealistic

First thing any person should do is learn to budget
Budgetting might suck like holding your breath in a sewer pipe but it is crazy necessary
Cuz you cannot captain a ship with a thousand leaks

Btw all political parties waste money like crazy, it is rediculous
Useless wars, overspending in government contracts, way more military spending than needed, subsidies to oil companies who really don't need it. All parties do this stuff and it is just like that person you despise.
I'd really like governments to have more financial accountability and sense. Cuz wasting money is wasting peoples hard earned time.

But yes I agree that budgetting is so important and it is crazy how it gets neglected cuz no one wants to suck it up, lol

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Forget about The Green Mile, try walking the brown mile!

($100 rep goes to the person who gets the reference.)
I still remember that look on John Coffey's face at the end, you made me want to go watch that movie again lol. Did I get the reference?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

gileneusz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 9, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
The problem is, they are not entirely wrong though... at least in sentiment (wanting things to just not be a grind)
However, the foundation upon which you make your point does matter, such as knowing there are hurdles to cross before you can make that idea sustainable
And if your point comes from wanting life to be a money party where you can buy anything on any feeling, it is deeply unrealistic

First thing any person should do is learn to budget
Budgetting might suck like holding your breath in a sewer pipe but it is crazy necessary
Cuz you cannot captain a ship with a thousand leaks

Btw all political parties waste money like crazy, it is rediculous
Useless wars, overspending in government contracts, way more military spending than needed, subsidies to oil companies who really don't need it. All parties do this stuff and it is just like that person you despise.
I'd really like governments to have more financial accountability and sense. Cuz wasting money is wasting peoples hard earned time.

But yes I agree that budgetting is so important and it is crazy how it gets neglected cuz no one wants to suck it up, lol

I disagree, that means I agree but not so ;)
I remember watching Falcon Heavy first lunch. Elon said that he was amazed that this thing took off - there was 1000 things that could go broke and if the single one will fail - the rocket would blow up as a big fireball. Running a company is like launching a rocket. Budget is like a fuel - you need it for sure, but other 999 things must be considered. And of course no one believe in you. Just like NASA - many years of preparation, bilions of dollars into Falcon Heavy development and no one wanted to put even simplest satelite in the top of the rocket. NASA refused too.
And now - I've got this great big idea that will make milions - will you invest in me? (this is just joke, do not ban my account MJ ;) )

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just sent this to like 6 people. This is GOLD.

Thank you for the shares, but please attribute to me. I don't need any bro-marketers stealing it and claiming it their own! ;)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I disagree, that means I agree but not so ;)
I remember watching Falcon Heavy first lunch. Elon said that he was amazed that this thing took off - there was 1000 things that could go broke and if the single one will fail - the rocket would blow up as a big fireball. Running a company is like launching a rocket. Budget is like a fuel - you need it for sure, but other 999 things must be considered. And of course no one believe in you. Just like NASA - many years of preparation, bilions of dollars into Falcon Heavy development and no one wanted to put even simplest satelite in the top of the rocket. NASA refused too.
And now - I've got this great big idea that will make milions - will you invest in me? (this is just joke, do not ban my account MJ ;) )

Ah, but of course my man
Budgetting is SOOOOO elementary it could make me cry :p
But I mention it only because a lot of the crawling through the sewer is financial stress and concerns about money
As you get towards the end where you start seeing the light, you obviously start to see things more like a rocket launch

Businesses like rockets, run on FUEL, and can explode into a giant heap of burning junk too
But a lot of that is because FINANCES are so volatile
So by streamlining costs, efficiencies, and other pathways that lead to value exchanges post launch you reduce the risk of a fatal error totally destroying your biz! Or even worse it stagnating and not even igniting cuz no one can find the buy button... :duh:

My business is OKAY
It is a little peewee rocket but it zooms around pretty nice
Scaling UP from that is my next challenge, but as I do, you bet my financial superskills budgetting will come into play :smuggy:

But of course other stuff does too
Competitive Ad Set ups, Funnels, Customer Service, Logistics, Delivery, Building a community of champions :cool:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.