The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CPA Referal

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
I'm in the process of starting a business and I need to get a solid/aggressive CPA any references would be great from this fast lane community

Thanks

Antonio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
My dad is a CPA who has about 35yrs experience and currently does both seasonal tax work in both AZ and IL.

He's also doing other accounting work in the "offseason"

His username on here is cubbyguy(tryin to get him to post more bc I'm sure there are A few other fastlaners that could use his services ;))

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I as well am an accountant and work for a CPA firm.

If you would like more info on that just PM me.

I would also review Peter 2's post on interviewing
an accountant.

Are you wanting a local one or no???

Joe

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
I as well am an accountant and work for a CPA firm.

If you would like more info on that just PM me.

I would also review Peter 2's post on interviewing
an accountant.

Are you wanting a local one or no???

Joe

Joe, I just sent you an PM.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
From the FWIW department:

Recently we had to interview proctologists to remove the last remnants of the IRS audit we've been dealing with for the past couple years. We went through one of the 'special' ones - no red flags or anything, we just want to see how certain businesses work blah blah blah... every shred of paperwork you can think of.

In the first conversation the agent mentioned his office's disdain for our CPA firm and strongly hinted that was why we were getting the telescope rammed up our rear.

I don't know how you avoid that but we hadn't broken any rules. We took some deductions where the conversation was: "well, this one is iffy", "OK, but is it legal?", "Well, yeah, TECHNICALLY it meets the letter of the law but...."

The fact is that the IRS can reallllly wear you out in terms of time and expenses fighting them. Their resources are ever so slightly greater than yours and they have allllllllllllll day to spend on you if they choose to.

In the end, we gave up and agreed to pay a small sum. Frankly I think we could have saved the 10 grand if we spent another 20 fighting but it was killing our drive, energy and creativity to the point where it was cheaper to give in than it would be to fight.

Not that I am BITTER or anything but if you believe that the law means what it says, well, you just haven't dealt with it yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.