The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coronavirus made me $780,000 in profit in 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
It's unfortunate we can't hear more about the nature of the hookup you managed to get! Totally understand why you want to keep it private but that's kinda the secret sauce to your success here isn't it? That, and the fact that they honoured their agreement with you in the face of orders from the big players.

Says a lot for the power of networking and people skills! Nice job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrandonL

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
May 10, 2010
It's unfortunate we can't hear more about the nature of the hookup you managed to get! Totally understand why you want to keep it private but that's kinda the secret sauce to your success here isn't it? That, and the fact that they honoured their agreement with you in the face of orders from the big players.

Says a lot for the power of networking and people skills! Nice job.

Half of it is definitely the power of the relationship they have with my friend's company who does A LOT for their company.

The other half is what I offered them - obviously monetary compensation was part of it. A "big player" as you describe would actually cause him to make less profit for two reasons:

1. I added to his profit right away by compensating him for holding product.

2. Big players want a bigger discount than me, so the final price I paid was higher than the big boys.

In the end, it made more sense financially and non-financially to work with me. And because of the unique situation with the virus and the economy, he is not at risk of losing any big customers because the big customers clearly understand demand is through the roof right now and that all suppliers are out of inventory.

It was kind of a perfect storm. The manufacturer was more focused on profits right now because he knows his revenue will dry up soon and for how long no one knows.

So the smartest decision was to work with me.

Last edited:

mikeyjd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 10, 2015
Michigan
Hey MJ,

I'm not selling the remaining freezers. If anything I would connect someone with the manufaturer, but not many people have $375k laying around ;-)

But I agree - the forum should not be a source for a freezer.

I'll take the rest :somber:

Venn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 22, 2019
Rome
That sound insane! Really great job. I wouldn't even think about something like that.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Adaptation! Nice!

Coronavirus is actually brought us into a new chemical class... Alcohols. We have a couple of trucks of of product and a couple of trucks worth of demand at our price. I don't like to count the chickens before they hatch, but this looks good.

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
making a killing selling freezers

LoL! Ha! Ha! Ha! I didn't expect that. I was really curious to see through which avenue you made that profit. I didn't expect freezers to be a thing. I might consider buying stocks from companies that produce freezers Ha! Ha! (I'm joking on the last one, most probably the stocks already went up so there's no point in buying them, they'll drop after this recession)

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
BrandonL what an example of adaptation and out of the box thinking, unbelievable. That make me wonder about "Is there others hidden opportunities like this, waiting ?"
Also thank you for your honesty and having replacing the things in their context (the perfect storm).

BrandonL

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
May 10, 2010
BrandonL what an example of adaptation and out of the box thinking, unbelievable. That make me wonder about "Is there others hidden opportunities like this, waiting ?"
Also thank you for your honesty and having replacing the things in their context (the perfect storm).

The next opportunity I jumped on was N95 masks for hospitals. One opportunity I missed was weights and bars for weight lifting. Sold out EVERYWHERE! I would have filled a warehouse with workout equipment if I had enough forsight.

Don't know how I missed that one. Didn't realize it was sold out everywhere until I tried to buy some weights for myself.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Regular refrigerators too if you can get them. People are wanting an extra fridge for their garage to fill with food. I'm not a Samsung fan but we bought a truck load of Samsung and they are all gone. When all was said and done, it was kind of more trouble than it was worth since we were not set up to work with refrigerators. It would be good money for most but I like having fun and this didn't seem like fun to me. I didn't really get to participate much.

Note to anyone that tries this..... you can't go on one of those sites that has truck loads of things (crap) for sale and expect to get good appliances. If you don't know what you are doing, you will lose most of your money. Connections is the name of the game in the appliance business.

Good job on the freezers, maybe we should have went that route. This time next year you might not be able to give a freezer away. lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
THREAD LOCKED.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN LOCKED AS THE POST DOES NOT PASS THE SMELL TEST AND THE INFORMATION COULD NOT BE CORROBORATED BY OTHER FORUM USERS. HAS AN "INCOME STORE" VIBE.

SEE HERE...

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
If anyone wants to purchase the remaining $375,000 in inventory - let me know. The appliance stores will pay you $431,250 for it (115% markup).

15%

Themisfit

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 23, 2019
I suspect, even after this crisis subsides, that freezers will remain in demand.

A lot of eyes will be opened when this is over, and "preppers" will no longer be considered a fringe ideology.
Funny how countries/continents differ - Germany has tons of fridges, but no more toilet paper, flour, disinfectant... :smuggy:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I started going to this small neighborhood store and they have a full stock of everything. They have a limit of 1 per household and everyone seems to follow that rule. Toilet paper, meat, cleaners.... they got it all along with a beautiful meat market.

As for the freezers.... I've had several people wanting freezers within the last 72 hours. AND get this, my partner was contacted by someone from out of state yesterday. That person said they have lots of washers and dryers. So, if we give them $3000 and then the normal price that they want ($45 each), plus $1700 to deliver an 18 wheeler load we will always be 1st on their list. The $3000 was a 1 time charge to have 1st choice any time they have an 18 wheeler ready to go. So we took the chance. I told him if we get screwed, his son's girlfriend must give me free topless massages for a year. Problem is, I don't know if he knows I meant SHE must be topless :innocent: :halo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.